It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to Believe anymore (I blame you hoaxers)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by SpiritualStar

no, that's why all the photos from that time period are bad fakes, usually pie plates or hubcaps dangling from a string.

You should look up Exeter, NH sometime. They have UFO/Alien festivals every year - I have even been to one. Is this because they are ALL didn't see anything and are going off a hoaxer's word? I think a bit of those that HAVE seen something would be offended. I am, I have seen UFOs with my own eyes. I saw one as early as 8 years old, and I remember because it was absolutely enormous and it was in Pennsylvania. A few years later, the same craft was reported to have been seen that many years prior in a tabloid magazine seen by few other people - because of the rural area it was seen, mind you.

Does that mean we were all hallucinating? I want to know what was in the air that night then... (I was quite offended to find that in a tabloid too)

Well that depends. if you are telling me you've had contact with extraterrestrial beings, and your only proof is your word, my first step would be a psychiatric evaluation, because as stated, i can no longer take anyone's word for it.

Personally, I don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I've been through, you do not. It's bad to judge others so quickly. That... and the fact you basically called anyone and everyone who has ever seen a UFO a hoaxer and that they need mental help is bullcrap in my opinion and it seems more like you're looking for trouble.

As for triangular craft. I have no doubt, same thing happened while they were testing the stealth bombers and fighters. I'm sure these craft exist, I'm no longer on the fence on if they are ET controlled, I'm fairly sure they aren't at this point.

I would believe that, because the enormous craft I saw WAS triangular in shape, ALMOST like a B-2 bomber, except it was about the size of two B-52s wing to wing, it was barely above the tree line (Yes, it was THAT low), and it was silent. Oh yeah, it was in the 80s. We didn't have a video camera to take everywhere we go, nor did we have cell phones with cameras on them either. Nope, we had our eyes and word of mouth...

But I will agree on one thing. It was a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object), this does not mean it was an alien UFO, but that no one could identify it. But that also does not mean it was not an alien craft either. Prove it was not and alien craft, and I will believe you. I wanna know where the hell was it made, where is it parked and is it the ones being used today? Who's flying it? How does it fly so slowly and so low with no sound?

So that's what they tested the first shrink ray on... Ha! Learn something new every day
I'm sorry, I just can't take you seriously anymore... lol

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I am not calling you a disinformation agent or anything for that matter, I understand your frustration, there is so much garbage out there that muddies the water. I stick to serious researchers and sites. I have been following this phenomenon since the early sixties and have had up close sightings of my own, I am not out to prove it anyone, frankly don't care if anyone believes me or not.

I can tell you this, once you have seen something yourself it changes everything, in the meantime do some serious research, it helps to stay away from sensationalism, I do.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I am not calling you a disinformation agent or anything for that matter, I understand your frustration, there is so much garbage out there that muddies the water. I stick to serious researchers and sites. I have been following this phenomenon since the early sixties and have had up close sightings of my own, I am not out to prove it anyone, frankly don't care if anyone believes me or not. I can tell you this, once you have seen something yourself it changes everything, in the meantime do some serious research, it helps to stay away from sensationalism, I do.

sorry I have a horrible habit of clicking "Reply to" then going off on tangents that have nothing to do with the post I'm replying to. Actually I don't think I've ever seen you say much in regards to that, but many people do.

And this next bit goes to you and the other poster with real life sightings:

I'm not calling you a hoaxer. i'm calling the people posting videos they made hoaxers, and most of the people claiming telepathic communication with off world entities.

It's impossible to prove a negative, the onus is on the presenter to prove their evidence is real.

As I stated clearly a few times, your personal experiences are your own, and after all the BS I've sifted through, your word, regardless of who you are, is not enough for me. Nor would I expect my word to be enough for YOU.

don't take my rant to me I'm done with the subject. Not at all. I'm just done believing peoples stories that's all on their word alone. you saw something in the sky? Awesome, i have too, no clue what it was. My Uncle and his entire family (2 girls, 1 boy, and my aunt) all witnessed what they called a UFO hovering above the road while driving the old way from St Stephen NB to fredericton. these aren't typically liars and my uncle is a very smart man (his son was being chased after by google and microsoft before he even finished school). They said it was large, motionless and looked like the underside of a car.

Which is fine and dandy but sadly, I'm so jaded I can't even take my families word for it.

i'm in no way trying to belittle anyone's personal experience, specifically the people like you who don't really care if I believe or not. You are the type of people I feel are contributing in the search for truth. Until you tell me your story and essentially demand I take your word for it (getting all uppity when i don't) you are immune from my long winded rant.

That's a far cry from presenting questionable evidence and getting upset when I poo poo on it.20 years in and I have yet to see anything to convince me we are being visited.

Much like the Ghost hunters, I appreciate your personal experiences, but they are just that, your experiences. They are still interesting to hear, and in some cases kinda startling. But just to expect me to take your word for it is all.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Prove it was not and alien craft, and I will believe you. I wanna know where the hell was it made, where is it parked and is it the ones being used today? Who's flying it? How does it fly so slowly and so low with no sound?

it's impossible to prove a negative, it's up to you to prove it's alien. And what the heck are you talking about a shrink ray for? you're not making much sense.

It's bad to judge others so quickly. That... and the fact you basically called anyone and everyone who has ever seen a UFO a hoaxer and that they need mental help is bullcrap in my opinion and it seems more like you're looking for trouble.

Read slower. i said that I don't believe the videos to be real because all of them eventually get proven to be fake. I also suggested that I personally think the people hearing strange voices in their heads, might have some underlying issue.

If you hear imaginary voices regularly, you should see a physician as soon as possible, Dr. Fink says. After a thorough medical examination, your doctor may determine that you need to see a psychiatrist, who may want to prescribe antipsychotic or antidepressant medication. On the other hand, your doctor might be able to help you tame the voices in your head with a couple of simple remedies.

source

I did not, and would not, say anyone who thinks they SAW a UFO to be insane. Kindly stop putting words in my mouth. I do believe a lot of sightings are mis identified.

In short, I have yet to see photographic or video proof of something that HAS to be alien technology. Man is an amazing beast and we've created some incredible technology even just in the last decade.

edit on 31-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thanks for your reply, I have no desire to post or discuss my personal sightings, learned a long time ago it just isn't worth it, if I have something valuable to share or teach I will do that, if not I just leave it alone.

Good luck in your quest for truth no matter what topic it is or where it may lead you, I can tell you there is much truth right here on ATS, the problem sometimes is separating the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

it's impossible to prove a negative, it's up to you to prove it's alien. And what the heck are you talking about a shrink ray for? you're not making much sense.

I don't have to nor wish to try to prove what I saw to you... Guess you'll have to take my word for it...

Read slower. i said that I don't believe the videos to be real because all of them eventually get proven to be fake. I also suggested that I personally think the people hearing strange voices in their heads, might have some underlying issue.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and suggestions and everyone's entitled to do with that opinion or suggestion what they like...

I did not, and would not, say anyone who thinks they SAW a UFO to be insane. Kindly stop putting words in my mouth. I do believe a lot of sightings are mis identified.

I also think a lot of sightings are misidentified as well. I didn't misidentify something that huge (That's what I was referring to the big black thing I saw and the B-2 Stealth Bomber because they were similar btw ^^ - someone used a shrink ray
). But then again, you said I had to prove my story to you for you to believe it. As I said before, I don't care if you believe me or not.

I guess all I am trying to say is try to view the world as 'nothing is impossible, only improbable', and while you might not have seen a UFO in your life - or maybe you have, I don't know? Choosing to doubt is your prerogative, no doubt, and I respect you for that.

I am a believer, but I still have that itty bitty tiny 'what if...?' even in my own mind juuuuuust in case I'm wrong lol
It could all very well end up one huge hoax for all I know. If so, then boo, if not, then yay!

I appreciate both sides (Skeptics, experts, provers, and those that believe) when viewing videos/discussions on sightings and listen well to both sides before I form my own opinion and you do make some valid points (ie. people misidentifying, or even that you proved a quickened plane as a hoax - if you can prove the hoax to all others, then by all means, do so!)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm on the fence on everything, but the thing that got me interested in learning more about UFO's and stuff, is the art from way back before there were actually airplanes... back in biblical times, cave art that shows 'alien' like beings, and things in the sky?? I dont think they could have just made that stuff up back then!!

I get you on being frustrated by all the hoax's.. some people have TOOO much time on their hands, and unless we've seen something with our own eyes, how can we weed out who's a hoaxer and who's not..?
But, like I said, with sightings in history, how can we completely discount it ???

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

I get you on being frustrated by all the hoax's.. some people have TOOO much time on their hands, and unless we've seen something with our own eyes, how can we weed out who's a hoaxer and who's not..? But, like I said, with sightings in history, how can we completely discount it ???

I will never completely discount the possibility of alien life and even them traveling here. What I'm saying is all of the videos here are explainable or hoaxes, anyone claiming to be in contact (directly or telepathically) with aliens is merely seeking attention.

As for personal experiences, as I've said, I can't take your word for it. This isn't saying you are a liar, I'm saying your word alone isn't enough, and I wouldn't expect my word to be enough for anyone else.

Obviously there is some real phenomena behind these sightings. My personal search has led me down nothing but dead ends. Some of the people here actively, and passively, promoting hoaxes are doing a disservice to those who truly want answers.

You peeps have seen something that you know had to be alien? Great, your quest is over, you should feel lucky because you are quite lucky. This doesn't change a thing for me at all.

And if tonight I see an up close craft defying conventional laws, I wouldn't expect any of you to believe me for precisely the same reasons I can't take YOUR word for it. Too many people investing too much time wasting others.

It's sad. It's basically a given that we'll end up ignoring or missing real proof because of the constant elaborate hoaxes.

Something to keep in mind, jumping right to alien controlled craft isn't the best approach. someone else said it here, but you've got to approach each sighting from an OPEN minded standpoint.

This isn't to say that it could be aliens. This is to say it could be nothing, it could be aliens, we'll let the facts speak for themselves. There is absolutely nothing to loose from debunking videos. We have everything to gain. The better we are at spotting hoaxes, the faster we can move along to new stuff.

I'll never close my mind to the possibility. I am, however, closing my mind to the possibility people here are aliens, hybrids, or are communicating with off world beings.

I don't have to nor wish to try to prove what I saw to you... Guess you'll have to take my word for it...

Interesting as you essentially demanding I prove it wasn't alien in a previous post. Like I said a billion times at this point, i'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying I can't take your word for it, have no reason to take your word for it, and would never expect you to take my word for it.

edit on 1-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

I am a believer, but I still have that itty bitty tiny 'what if...?' even in my own mind juuuuuust in case I'm wrong lol It could all very well end up one huge hoax for all I know. If so, then boo, if not, then yay!

Then you, like many here, are contributing to the search as your mind is still open. I just think we're outnumbered by individuals who get their kicks from wasting peoples time.
edit on 1-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join