It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Remember When the NWO Was in Pro Wrestling?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Definitely a psy-op...when you have little kids and teenagers sprinting to stores, shows, and online to order merchandise that says "NWO" on it then there is something wrong. haha

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I remember those years quite well before WCW imploded and David Arquette .... yes the actor became Champion.

Man I stopped watching wrestling when they merged.

And as alarming as the NWO thing is when a group opposing them comes out proclaiming themselves the Wolfpack I'll be really scared

I am not really sure why I stopped watching. It was kind of odd actually. I bought tickets for an event. Only pro wrestling I have ever seen live. Anyways, I waited in line before they went on sale. About 3-4 months before the actual event. Then for some reason, just out of the blue, about 2 months before the live event, I was over it. Instantly bored with it after many years. Quit watching it on TV. I went to the live event and I enjoyed it, but haven't watched it since.

I think that was around 2001 maybe, back when there was still an "F" involved, and I'm pretty sure WCW was still going, but had started declining. Heck, I still remember the NWA, before WCW. I am glad that I don't remember the David Arquette thing that you mention though lol.

The Wolfpack seems familiar to me, but I can't remember exactly. Was that Nash, after leaving the NWO? I really can't remember that to well.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah the wolf pack was Nash, Sting, Konan, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner and various other wrestlers who opposed the NWO for various reasons usually after being kicked out or urned on.

That is all

Trowa

edit on 31/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per usual

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Yeah, now that I see the pic, I remember it well lol.
I had forgotten about Lugar. He was often an enemy to many of my favorites(I think) but for the most part I liked him.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
WCW was owned by Ted Turner and hes a supporter of the New World Order(non wrestling entity)so he decided to create(along with Eric Bishoff)something in wrestling that is happening in the real world.
Thats what i read anyway.
edit on 29/9/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I'm still a huge wrestling nerd. Anyone remember old school when The Mega-Powers (Hogan and Savage) took down The Twin Towers?

...wrestling is a huge thing to me. It's corny most of the time on the mainstream TV stuff, but even now it is getting better than usual. It's all in perception. WWE's main storyline right now is actually about "conspiracy."

Here's part one of a really great match if you feel the need to see what is up. This is just a taste of what's out there now. -

edit on 29-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
As for the nWo concept, it is said that Eric Bischoff, who was over WCW through it's expansion period (mainly '96-'98) got the idea after seeing a popular face (good guy) in Japan, Jushin "Thunder" Liger turn heel (bad guy) and start a "terrorist organization" against the company he was working for (New Japan Pro Wrestling), called the CTU. Thus, the much loved Hogan turning heel for the first time and waging war against WCW.

New Japan Pro Wrestling vs CTU 12 Man Tag-Team Match:

One of the greatest matches to ever tell a story:
Great Muta vs Jushin Liger

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They were a good group but I don't like how they were handled. They should've made Sting fight Hulk Hogan WAY before he did. Sometime in the 90's. It could've even been booked as a Match of the Decade match. Even if it wasn't true. Just to sell tickets.

Hulk Hogan, the best of the 80's and Sting the best of the 90's. Then either Sting should've won and the NWO broken up or Hulk Hogan should've won and turned back good and made WCW the top federation. He could've secretly used his behind the scenes influence to bring in Donald Trump to replace Eric Bischoff since he is the only rich man who has that Vince Mcmahon touch. Then he would've run WCW successfully and Sting could've retired and Hulk Hogan could've led WCW like he was doing anyway but as a good guy until 2010, making it the new big company.

This would work even better than what happened.

edit on 5-10-2011 by DivineBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
They were actually reformed in the WWE several years ago, but the gimmick never went anywhere. It had instant heat (wrestling term for strong booing) as Hogan, Nash, and Hall came there before leaving for TNA, but Vince didn't want to bring it back strong as the rumor went.

That said, there's currently an angle that has people believing a new manifestation of the nWo might be forming. I hope not because its time has passed, but for what it was, it was good wrestling drama in the mid-nineties. That said, people blame the nWo for the downfall of WCW. More likely, it was Turner's ill-fated deal with AOL.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
3 wrestiling threads talking about wrestling as if it's not all an act???
The NWO was just a gimmick.
A fad that fades.
I watched a pretty good movie lately with Triple H, Bank robber decides to go straight,(can't remember the name).

He has the self inflicted scars on his forehead were he cut it so many times with a hidden razor blade.
Lucky him.

edit on 7-10-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i always liked wolfpack better than nwo.

then later on dx

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
1. Ok a few basic facts about wrestling.
2. The NWO were never bad ass. They were always booked to win because they were buddies with Bischoff and also more or less demanded it.
3. The idea was that they were from the WWF to take over the WCW. It was somewhat toned down when the WWF threatened a lawsuit. That's why they used their real names instead of their wrestling names.
4. WWF pretty much owns your name whem you sign up. Also it's been said that women get a bonus for signing up. Free breast implants!
5. Any way a lot of talented wrestlers never got the chance to shine because they were being fed to the NWO.
6. WCW went NWO crazy and had so many NWO factions that became laughable. WCW even tried to do an all NWO show which was so bad it was buried and forgotten.
7. Towards the end WCW was about to be dropped by the network. This killed any interest in buying the show and Vince Mcmahon bought the WCW and everything connected to it for pocket change. He did do a short lived NWO story line but that's all it was.
8. Remember their is nothing fake about wrestling. It's written (booked) and it's not "real" but it's not fake. The pain and suffering and the bodies piling up are real.
9. Oh my God!

TyrC!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join