It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Remember When the NWO Was in Pro Wrestling?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was sitting there the other day thinking about whats going on in the world and i started to think about when things were simpler and i didnt have a care in the world. So basically ages 2 thru 12. haha I started to remember things i did, where id been, friends, family, etc. Then i remembered how i used to love watching pro wrestling....Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, The Undertaker, Brett the Hitman Heart....etc etc. Then i remembered the NWO was in Pro Wrestling...they were in WWF (before it was WWE) and they were in WCW (before it was bought out by Vince McMahon and the WWE).

The NWO was a "bad" group of wrestlers that "did what they wanted, when they wanted, and no one can stop them". They even went as far as bringing Dennis Rodman in to be a member with them when he was in the NBA. The branding was insane from figurines, video games, to Pay Per Views that were headlined with " NWO - Souled Out", Tshirts sold like wildfire with "NWO" on them, and this literally lasted id say almost 3 years before it died down and went away like every angle that is played in wrestling. But it definitely was one of the longest standing angles and to me its definitely a desensitization/in your face move by TPTB and the real NWO. Makes me wonder if any of them were skyrocketed to superstar status by making a deal behind the scenes.

I have inserted a series of pictures that i pulled up...there are hundreds if not thousands on the web. Just wanted to get your thoughts, comments, and see if any of you fellow wrestling watchers remember this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07095b750aa1.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bc0a3fb7a3b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bb6f897f77e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f08d9882d65.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b418348f9d9e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dee24e8c83b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/541dfe4479b9.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 31-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Remember it like it was yesterday.
My brother still has the action figures.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Sadly I do remember this. And funny as it may been, I bet you'd find a correlation in the wrastlin NWO and the time Alex Jones started bleeting about it.

If I recall correctly, they were pitted against, or later formed, Generation "X" ?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RADHESYAM

That was some crazy stuff wasnt it? Knowing now what i didnt know then...i was idolizing these guys. haha
edit on 31-3-2011 by MonkeyWrench30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

They were pitted against Triple H and Shawn Michaels who were known as Degeneration X. haha

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
wow, brings back memories, thanks for the post
and ya really strange! hahah NWO

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
S&F I used to love wrestling but had totally forgot about NWO its quite creepy the influence the media has on you without realising!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
traitor
Sting

Yeah, I will admit I remember also. That was around the time when I was highly addicted to this masculine soap opera.

I can't resist sharing this pic though, just to contrast the images you have already shown of The Big Show. He left the N.W.O. to help the nuns run an orphanage.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4d81fd4ed70.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't think they were called NWO till they left WWE/F to go to WCW. It kind of started as an "invasion" type angle when Hogan, Nash, Hall, etc jumped from WWE/F to WCW.

As I recall there were already conspiracy theories floating around about the use of the term "New World Order" by George Bush from a speech he gave in 1990.

They used the term "NWO" to as name for the group when Hogan did a heel turn and joined with Hall and Nash in '94.

Before large egos and large salaries became its downfall WCW did have some very good booking.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ummm. No. But I do remember B&W wrestling on Sat mornings.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Dude thanks so much for taking me back to my childhood!! Those were awesome times with Hogan and Jake the Snake and all the old school wrestlers!! I never even thought about the NWO being in wrestling until you brought this up!! S&F

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ha yeah i remember them.

Wasnt the undertaker part of the NWO? i didnt watch it alot so i cant remember but i always liked the undertaker, and there was another guy that had a sock puppet?? Socko or something??

edit on 31-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
ha yeah i remember them.

Wasnt the undertaker part of the NWO? i didnt watch it alot so i cant remember but i always liked the undertaker, and there was another guy that had a sock puppet?? Socko or something??

edit on 31-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Mankind.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Ahh yeah thats right.

Also i just realised after my searching around that The Undertaker wasnt apart of the NWO....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That was back when wrestling was good. Now its all crap!! Good thread i havent thought about that in a long time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I guess I am older than you, because at the time of NWO I was old enough to consider the questions you are asking now. Daddy Bush had mentioned it a couple of times(NWO) and as I had been watching the process of globalization for a while by then, this wrestling theme was interesting.

That these guys were blatant out front in your face brutes loudly boasting and proclaiming their superiority, their ruthlessness seemed to me at the time, as you suggest, to be a false flag( is that the term we use around here?) a misdirection or a red herring used to divert unfocused attention away from the real goings on in the grasp for power around the world. Just mix it up and dilute the concept with all the rest of the shenanigans in the WWF.

Well then of course Vince and Linda began showing up at Republican conventions and maybe a state of the union address by Bush Jr also. And didn't The Rock sit side by side with the First Lady at one of these?

Also there was a big push to register voters at the wrestling events in each city during a couple of election cycles.

And finally last but not least is Linda McMahon's failed senate race in Connecticut in 2010 which was funded to the tune of millions and millions of their own money.

Yeah. I'd say there is something to your speculation about fishy actions of that troupe of wrestlers.

It's just to bad you are not old enough to remember wrestlers like Haystack Calhoun, Gorgeous George and Classy Freddie Blassie. that's all for now ya pencil neck geek.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
NWO wikipedia

Link to wikipedia article. It has lots of info on NWO's wrestling years

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I remember that "back then" anyone who tried to tell sheeple about "crazy things" were violently opposed by small town hicks who knew it all already. so many would get literally fighting mad when someone tried to explain something that is now common knowledge.

the awakening had only happened in the top 10% of IQ and in many military vets who saw first hand something was terribly wrong. i think the people behind WWF were yes about money, but were also about the america that was. or, it was a psy-op to associate people with what was about to be revealed as to lower panic and fear into acceptance. which do you think it was? OP? others?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
I remember that "back then" anyone who tried to tell sheeple about "crazy things" were violently opposed by small town hicks who knew it all already. so many would get literally fighting mad when someone tried to explain something that is now common knowledge.

Maybe so, but back then, 'fighting mad' usually meant a fist fight.
Now it means -

Common knowledge is still just a matter of opinion.
What some think is common knowledge, others think is lunacy
Each side is correct, at times, depending on the subject that is being discussed.
Neither side is correct all the time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
WCW versus NWO Revenge for the N64 was my favorite wrestling game ever. I remember those years quite well before WCW imploded and David Arquette .... yes the actor became Champion.

Man I stopped watching wrestling when they merged. Vinnie Mac could've played an invasion angle for years and all he did was just humiliate all the WCW wrestlers kinda sad.

And as alarming as the NWO thing is when a group opposing them comes out proclaiming themselves the Wolfpack I'll be really scared
edit on 31/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join