It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magma man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
When i was a young i was told by a native of a volcanic tropical island(to young to remember which) that they have a beast that stalks there island called some wierd word that translates to magma man or man of lava. he is about 7 feet and 540 pounds. and is covered in magma. no luck finding a link yet but still looking.no no link so far help would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
FLAME ON.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm really sorry i don't have a link for you.... but i'll look and i might have a hard time if you don't know the island....neverheard of that legend before.........i'll look...if i find something i'll post it! Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This is a 1980's era creature from the AD&D Fiend Folio, as I remember. Morphic resonance from TSR....

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an entity mentioned in the bible, or perhaps old lore, that people would be sacrificed to, that was supposed to be as old as the Earth?
I forget it's name, but it was, or as I came to understand, made from magma.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but Austin Powers' archnemesis, Doctor Evil, has forever ruined the word "magma" for me in serious discussion. It always sounds like "maaag-MA" in my mind's ear whenever I read it, in Doctor Evil's unmistakeable tone. Same problem with LASER ("lay-zur" while making "quote mark fingers").

As for the magma man, some details about the island and the inhabitants who told you this would probably help nail things down.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
maybe those native people have been playing too much mega man

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have heard of a legend kind of like this..
Never heard of sacrifices though, just that he exists.

makuakane pahoehoe?
That name comes to mind.

My hawaiian friend's mom says that she has heard stories of something like this.
According to her, it was supposedly a child that came from Pele and Aiwohikupua.. It protects something or another.. Or carries out the "vengence" of something or another. She doesnt remember for sure.

Ill look up/ask around some more

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I doubt that it is possible for a creature to survive the heat of magma. The chemical bonds needed for carbon-based life are not stable at such high temperatures. It is possible though that the creature has a very thick insulating skin of some kind of salt (salts can withstand huge temperatures) and a normal temperature core. If the creature was somehow able to get rid of its inner heat it could theoretically survive being coated with magma. The magma has to be refreshed, because the creature can't use its lower body temperature to keep it molten. It would be very dangerous for such a creature to go outside. If the magma hardens he is stuck.

But then again, it may also be just another legend without factual basis.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
quite possibly a legend with no factual basis but what if it was silicone based then could it survive?

new topics

top topics

join