It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIGHT the Illuminati!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
Yet again you state that 80% of people who were employed were employed in open fields. Your quote does not cover those that were not employed by anyone else.

No it does not. It says that 80% of ALL WORKERS were employed in such capacity. 80% of people who work. 80% of people who hold jobs. 80% of people who received monetary remuneration for their time. Do you not understand what a worker is? All people who hold jobs are workers whether they are self employed are not. Stop being purposefully obtuse. When they say 10% of the workforce is unemployed are they omitting the self employed people who no longer have a business? I think not.

I am still waiting for you to link something to your statement that 90% of people in 1900 were self employed.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

They did not have the sophisticated tracking mechanisms that are in place today. So you are saying that if a person simply built a home and farmed it for himself and his family he was counted as being an employed worker? I think not.

Your quote states that 80% of EMPLOYEES were working in open fields period. It does not state that 80% of the POPULATION was working in open fields.

The two of us are likely to continue in disagreement on this subject and that is perfectly fine with me. The subject the two of us are discussing is not related to the topic of this thread. Do you have any comments regarding the subject of this thread?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SymbiotThey did not have the sophisticated tracking mechanisms that are in place today. So you are saying that if a person simply built a home and farmed it for himself and his family he was counted as being an employed worker?

You are assuming. They had a fairly accurate census at that time, while not perfect it was not completely erroneous.

Your quote states that 80% of EMPLOYEES were working in open fields period. It does not state that 80% of the POPULATION was working in open fields.

Here is the orginal quote, noticve the word 'employees' does not appear in the sentence. It is wokers, as in all people who work.

In 1900 more than 80 percent of all workers farmed in open fields, maintained railroad rights of way, constructed or repaired buildings, or produced steel and chemicals. source

The subject the two of us are discussing is not related to the topic of this thread.

It is 100% relative as your assumptions are based on faulty data. I see you have continued to avoid posting any contradicitng evidence which proves that you invented this statistic.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

My assumptions are not based on faulty data. The topic of this thread is not based on the subject you and I are discussing.
*Edit* In actuality I don't think there is a way for either of us to know for sure if my data or your data is faulty. Either numbers could have been altered or just plain inaccurate from the beginning. I agree with you that census technology was probably not very accurate in the time period we are discussing, even today it's not perfect.

Putting that aside 80% is not all that different than 90% anyway, who is to say that the 80% of workers you are talking about did not simply 'work' in their own personal open fields without having been employed by someone else? When you think about it in the year 1900 the 'slaves' had not been 'free' for all that long anyway, I'm sure they didn't all go out and get jobs right away. Moreover, and you probably have an idea on this, were freed slaves even counted in the census at that time?

I think the two of us simply disagree on what the term workers means. Personally I don't find that to be a particularly interesting subject to discuss, but to each their own I always say. Anyway to me the term worker means a person that works for a living, as in they earn money from their job. A person that simply supported his own family by building his own home and farming his own land did not actively sell items and thus was not working for a living or considered a worker.

Anyway, you sound like an intelligent person and being as how you're on ATS I'm sure you're not ignorant either. Do you have any comments regarding my original or second post on this thread because I am interested in hearing what you have to say on those subjects.
edit on 1-4-2011 by Symbiot because: Added some additional info

edit on 1-4-2011 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
Anyway, you sound like an intelligent person and being as how you're on ATS I'm sure you're not ignorant either. Do you have any comments regarding my original or second post on this thread because I am interested in hearing what you have to say on those subjects.

thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I will try to address your topic in full over the weekend. It is now officially cocktail hour.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well I certainly hope you enjoy your cocktails, for me it's actually coffee hour.

At any rate I should probably state that although it might have sounded like I was telling people what to do in order to 'fight the Illuminati' in actuality I'm merely offering some opinions or suggestions on the matter. I figure my original post could be considered similar to a workers strike, but ultimately on a larger scale if it were to succeed.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I posted this in another (similar) thread, but it fits here too and needs to be said!!

People are very similar to social herd animals. They follow a leader, an alpha. If you disagree with the direction and decisions of the current alphas, then please, set up and challenge them for leadership. Until you do, you are nothing but hot air. I realize that is harsh but it is the truth.

Time and time again, I see people complain about their circumstances but do little or nothing to change them. No one will lift you up where you think you belong. You must do it for yourself....

Now usually comes the whine about how you can't do it because of [insert common complaint here - lack of education, lack of resources, lack of a voice, etc...]. If that's the case, your only option will be to start a revolution. Power of the people over the power of the few. Start down this road and you'll see just exactly how apathetic people are. They simply don't care because they are too fat, stupid. and happy to care. It's the whole pain vs. pleasure principle. Perhaps those leaders you want to denigrate have figured out the magic key to make that happen to their benefit, eh? I would say this makes them smart and to be respected. You have to understand your foe before you can beat him.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Symbiot and skyfloating i think you guys are talking about different subjectives in terms of the word Illuminati Symbiot is referring to TPTB but calls them the Illuminati as alot of people do and what you seem to take the term as is a state of mind, enlightenment if you will, but your both talking about different groups or theories with different agendas....

That being said you both have a point we shoudln't be slaves to TPTB or Illuminati as some call them and we should bring our awareness and conscience up call it becoming Illuminated or enlightened if you will but because the word Illuminated can be taken the wrong way i prefer saying we should become wiser...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

This is exactly how i feel OP, But to quit my job and be able to support myself in the near future, i will require someone in the same situation as me to help me out for a few months minimum, This is why its so hard to do, and thats just speaking for myself, people with a few mouths to feed back home couldnt do it so easily, the transition takes time, but i think everyone needs to start finding some way they can support themselves, i know first hand peoples reaction when you say to them you'd want to quit your job and do something 'shady' (ILLEGAL)
to provide for yourself, They just speak of Jail and that its not a 'legitimite' income, to be honest, who makes up the rules, who says what is and isnt a legitimite income, The Elite, Even though they are directly funded by criminal activity and i think, all drugs that are illegal are only illegal to make them harder to obtain, Which then keeps the prices up so they can control there Monopoly effectively.

I heard this quote from a supposed 'Illuminati defector' who did some radio interviews on youtube.

'Everything, you can guarantee somewhere down the supply chain, they've got their hands in it'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join