It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sketched this today..."The Seeker*"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

you made me smile

reply to post by trekwebmaster

I do meditate, but I do not really see the works while I am in mediation, lately I have been praying quite a bit to be inspired. While drawing it does come sort of like a new layer of vision, but I work with it as I go, I had no clue the eyes were going to be there, I started with a figure looking through a hole, and the idea of a seeker of sorts.

reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

"the watchers" is a great direction, the only thing is in the mythology of the watchers, there were 200 of them, and they were fallen angels, giving there power up for earthly satisfaction/lust. I am certainly going to make a piece on the subject.

The picture is a little to busy for it to be nirvana, I havnt achieved that lolol so no expression of mine can come close to the truth of it.

reply to post by NewAgeMan

I admit the body is pretty contorted, but I tend to draw with dramatic figure forms, the left leg does not make any physical sense, this is a one off, I did no presketching, its actually on lined paper too, I hid it as well as I could. glad you like it

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spikester

going to read up on him, bookmarking his work. I love hearing success stories for artists, very few really get to make it a "job" ...I myself find it really hard to try and force a piece out, I have done a few commissions and a comic here and there, but really... its just not the same when you do it for you. I have given most of the art to people who have helped me out over the years, I dont like to sell it, though I know one day I will have to or go back to work.
Thankyou for the encouragement

reply to post by bsbray11

haha I didnt even notice the heart nice!

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The seeker seems more holistic, philosophy has a lot of architypes attatched to it.... where seeking is sort of free.

reply to post by sailormon

I am glad you are feeling inspired, but dont thank me, it is the mother divine, the world is changing, all of us are awakening in one way or another, so many artists are picking up their dusty habit again for sake of feeling that old butterfly feeling like when they were kids. I have only started up again this month, I feel myself just growing inside like yeast or something its amazing!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
GAH! I love your stuff. Ive drawn something very similar to your first pic, but nowhere near the quality of yours.

anyways, i just posted up 3 acrylic paintings of mine here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember you requested to see some stuff before but Im a procrastinator lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
Thank you, you inspired me again. I taught art for 32 years, fought to keep it alive and burned out, plummeting into construction and never picked up a brush or pencil again, the battle left me empty.

Maybe something is wrong with me, but it almost made me feel sadder to read this than seeing so many headlines of senseless murders. Maybe because murder is harder to even rationalize...

Nonetheless that really does strike me as a sad story. I'm a musician myself and used to write music all the time and really enjoyed writing it, but I haven't written anything in probably over a year and seem to have lost interest for the moment. Here's to both of us picking it back up again.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

It made me really sad too reading that. Made me think of an inspiring quote

The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success.
-Paramhansa Yogananda

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I'm absolutely in love with your first picture!!!!! What would you medium would call that, I know its sketching but "flowing", deep, meaningful, I can't put a name on it. I also reminds me of similar flowing pictures that I love, here's a link www.gelaskins.com... I prefer yours and black and white. I LOVE IT!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

whoa I totally dig that stuff it is super swirly, I think the colour makes it pretty cool to look at. Not sure what genre it would be but the medium I use is a type of pencil called VERITHIN, it is black lead but not actually made of lead, at least I dont think so, and it isnt charcoal because it does not smudge too much, the one downfall is no way to erase it, thats why there are some stray lines here and there, you have to cover mistakes as you go.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
He's going the wrong way!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I smiled when I noticed you changed the title to "The Seeker". It just feels "right" to me. lol Looking forward to more of your work.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SenstivelyMe

i am currently re-drawing a proper lay out to do a full size of this sketch. I saw the thread with the close ups of the eyes- so I am psyched to draw it out in full detail

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I just sketched this up at my local coffee shop, I thought ATSers might enjoy it- love it? hate it?

It is called, the philosopher... or the seeeker... working on the name lol but the image itself explains the content

and here are a couple from last night

My other art-work

last sketch thread-
edit on 30-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

Wow those are wonderful.....Love them all and the first one really touched me.......How about somthing like "Alone?" - "from a distance" - or like "Sight unseen" ....Just how it made me feel........ty for those....You are very good.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I just sketched this up at my local coffee shop, I thought ATSers might enjoy it- love it? hate it?

It is called, the philosopher... or the seeeker... working on the name lol but the image itself explains the content

and here are a couple from last night

Really awesome!

Can you sketch one called "The Lurker" for folks like myself?

Hehe

My other art-work

last sketch thread-

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Very cool.. Are you an artist by profession or
just a hobby? Nice work either way

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
star and flag for these wonderfull works , keep us updated on your creative outbursts , im a fan

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

has always been a hobby, trying now to make a collection of paintings so that it can be my profession

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thats amazing!! It resonates with me on such a deeper level....all the eyes floating around, watching.. reminded me of a dream I had as a child.

Really great work your putting out!
Keep it coming!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join