It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sketched this today..."The Seeker*"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I just sketched this up at my local coffee shop, I thought ATSers might enjoy it- love it? hate it?

It is called, the philosopher... or the seeeker... working on the name lol but the image itself explains the content

and here are a couple from last night

My other art-work

last sketch thread-
edit on 30-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nice. Mind if I use it for my avatar?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

go for it, the arts belongs to us all!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I love the liquidness of the reflection in the eyes. Very positive strokes of the pencil/charcoal, not a lot of fussing around and re-doing things, very skilful.

... and the eyes don't seem menacing or opressive in any way.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I really love your art!

I really really do. It's beautiful! It's the kind of stuff I hang in my house because it's original and one of a kind!

S&F!

Do you have a portfolio?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Your a true artist my friend...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Very nice, may I turn you on to my friend Michael Golden. Google him and look for the art work.
I use to do a lot of drawing and different medias but had to get full time job. Michael kept drawing and worked different jobs but finally became a full time artist.
Spike

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I like very much.

I particularly like the way the seeker appears to be very comfortable in his little tunnel and though he may have forward vision and can see the light beyond the tunnel he does not appear too anxious to leave his cozy den.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Very great work. Do you meditate when you see these works or do they just appear as "second sight?"

Very interesting and very accurate symbolism.

Sorry, perhaps I should have sent a U2U with the photo links. My apologies, the artwork is very nice. Is there any backstory to go along with them?

You're a wonderful artist.
edit on 30-3-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

That first one is crazy! Good job! Setting it as my desktop background.

Here are some names that came to mind:

"The Seventh Eye" or "The Seven"
"The Watcher(s)"
"Nibbana" or "Nirvana" (Liberation)
That's all I got right now.

S&F

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

More great work! I love looking at eyes. So much can be seen. As they say, "the eyes are the window to the soul".

You are a wonderful artist. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's great. It's beautiful, S&F.

I saved these to my personal art collection on my computer. I find all kinds of amazing art and photos online, not least of which posted on forums like this!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow! I can tell you're really talented. Great job! You know we have a Member's Art forum? You might want to post your work there, too. I love the first one. I likeThe Seeker for the title.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Hey Yall, You need to check out the "other art work link"!! WOW.
Very nice work and good luck in your travels.
Graphic artist work or jobs, are alot of work and hopfully you'll noticed.
spike

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

It's great, but I don't get the legs and lower body positioning.. seems contorted to me. The eyes are awesome, and the tunnel opening to a new world, LOVE IT!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks, though most of the work on my deviant page is old, I really started doing the art thing this month, I quit my job on the 4th and I have about 5 months to make a living out of my art or I have to find a job LOL so wish me luck ATS!

deviant page

all my recent drawings are on my ATS media page I dont know how to link you there though
you can check out the thread posted at the bottom of the first post to see some more work.

reply to post by spikester

Wow his stuff is amazing, and CLEAN, I wish I was more patient, his line work is phenomenal, I tend to be a bit messy and since I usually dont expand on sketches- they never make it to be clean and crisp. I would like to make a career out of my work, but more selling pieces rather than doing comics or working as a storyboard artist, I guess time will tell

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Yeah he's good, but he's paid his dues. His is a great story if you ever get the time to hear it. He also does a lot of graphic work. The only reason I wanted to turn you on to him was for inspiration.
Love your work, keep the faith and make your way to a new day.
spike

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
It's great, but I don't get the legs and lower body positioning.. seems contorted to me.

I liked it. It reminded me of a kind of soft cubism, if there is such a thing. Looks like half a leg is even missing below the knee, and I love the way the back arches up like rocky mountains, in a tearing heart kind of shape.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Damn double post.

edit on 30-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thank you, you inspired me again. I taught art for 32 years, fought to keep it alive and burned out, plummeting into construction and never picked up a brush or pencil again, the battle left me empty.

In my spiritual growth lately, I need a further outlet and your drawings hit home, thus the thanks, I am going to pick up supplies and carry on like I used to. I used to always be drawing in every meeting, every restaurant, every where. I go back to my home town and the city hall has my works up yet, but I ceased caring. thanks. The school systems and public bleed a person dry, but then those folks here already know this I suppose and if not they should for they will experience the impersonal lack of compassion that is our world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join