It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction & Real-Time Ionospheric TEC (Total Electron Content) Disturbance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
dbl sorry pls delete
edit on 30-3-2011 by MischeviousElf because: sorry edit nightmare new batteries for mouse double clicking

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I found this post on the top of the ATS homepage. I'm posting this because I'm trying to find out why.

On topic though, very neat find. I am one of Phage's closet allies (yes, c-l-o-s-e-t), and when he politely offered a contrasting opinion, I sighed to myself and thought, "Not yet, Phage."

Then another, and another member politely offered an explanation along the lines of what Phage had said.

Then you, OP, politely thanked one of the counter-opinions for pointing out something you'd possibly missed.

Is this thread at the top because it is extremely exemplary of how ATS should act?

Or do the mods/owners feel we've miss something?

edit on 30-3-2011 by Elepheagle because: Articles. Who'da thunk.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Elepheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think it is change itself. Doesn't matter if it is- increase to decrease or decrease to increase. Imagine a ball being constantly deflated and overinflated. Back and forth. Eventually the most damage that will occur.to the ball will come when it is highly inflated or fully deflated and less in the states in between. Could the earths magnetic field act in this fashion?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Science states that the same event must have the same effect for their to be an indicator. Many are stating that solar waves has no link whatsoever, but until science can predict quakes they have no right trying to shut down discussions of this nature where someone is trying to establish a indicator. Perhaps solar flares and upswings are only a part of the equation. Keep looking guys, there is definitely something useful in studying solar flares and the possible role they play in earthquake activity.

Does anyone know if gravity pulls differently in the earths core, depending on solar flares? How do solar flares affect the tectonic plates? Just some questions from an unscientific mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have a theory on whats going on. This includes the earthquakes, humans recent uprisings and general human instability and those strange noises humming noises heard lately on the planet.
There is something perturbing our Sun and possibly directly affecting our planet as well. As we all know planets have a solid core and this core rotates and in effect makes it a very large electrical motor. This one happens to have a frequency of 8 Hz. I have heard our brain runs at 8 Hz as well, not sure if it's true. It would make sense that the electric motor we live on would "phase" each of us to its cycle. The perturber is already affecting the sun, which is currently in it's solar minimum. These CME's and early spots that "suprised" the scientists are proof of that perturbation. Here's my thoughts on the strange sounds people have and I saw on Youtube. If any of you have ever been near an electrical motor when it either has a very heavy load about to stop its rotation or a 3 phase motor that loses 1 phase and won't rotate....then you know what I'm talking about. This is, in my opinion, is the sound we are hearing. The earths cores electrical phase fields are hitting rotational resistance from a very strong counter electromagnetic field. Two or more phases crossing and countering each other. This interupption in the field will also affect the condition of our brain phases and who knows what that can do to us. I would assume these forces would be strong enough to disturb this fragile floating crust we live on causing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
There is somehitng out there and it's big enough to affect our Sun and the Earth if not all the planets in our solar system.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is the NASA Global TEC map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41ad446f785a.jpg[/atsimg]

Which can be monitored here:
www.gdgps.net...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hmm...about that HAARP thing. I really cant read these charts, could anyone tell me what they mean exactly?
Sorry, I am pretty new at this stuff.

EISCAT Real Time Graphs

I don't know much about this.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacjtg
www.ann-geophys.net...

Pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies registered by continuous GPS TEC measurements

Abstract. In this paper we examine pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies by the total electron content (TEC) derived from a ground-based receiver of the Global Positioning System (GPS). A 15-day running median of the TEC and the associated inter-quartile range (IQR) are utilized as a reference for identifying abnormal signals during all of the 20M≥6.0 earthquakes in the Taiwan area from September 1999 to December 2002. Results show that the pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies appear during 18:00–22:00LT (LT=UT+8h) within 5 days prior to 16 of the 20M≥6.0 earthquakes. This success rate of 80% (=16/20%) suggests that the GPS TEC is useful to register pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies appearing before large earthquakes.

One flag for you, as is the max, but at least three stars. Fantastic correlation that leads to profound implications.

In short: It seems you've shown a connection between activity in the ionosphere and earthquakes. This is PROFOUND because the US has a project that can beam great amounts of energy into the ionosphere. That project is called HAARP. High Altitude Auroral Research Project, if memory serves.

Debunkers might say that there is no connection. Well, here is a correlation between ionospheric activity and earthquakes. HAARP affects ionospheric energy and activity.

Now, this is not saying that HAARP caused the earthquake. It has been known that sound frequencies can effectively nullify each other if one frequency counteracts the other. This may be true of ionospheric "frequencies." If the ionosphere is somehow (even if partially) responsible for earthquakes in ways we may not understand yet, then an array like HAARP could project a counter-balancing frequency/vibration that would PREVENT an earthquake.

Imagine a clandestine, EVIL group trying to cause earthquakes to destabilize a region "they" want to control (ruining Japan, for instance) with exotic and highly secret technology. Imagine CHINA doing this. And the US preventing it with HAARP. Only, they struck unexpectedly and we were too late, OR we somehow failed because China (in Star Trek terms) rotated frequencies, like when the Enterprise randomly shifted their shield frequencies to keep the Borg from being able to penetrate them. Scoff at Star Trek at your own peril, for many scientists were inspired by the shows and entered that realm because of it, and in turn, might think in the terms (perhaps subconsciously) presented by the shows. Either way, the idea of ionospheric energy and frequencies counteracting each other remains.

Very good find. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Excellent. Just take your time and adhere by the initial rules(that we all must follow), fair enough no?
After that, the world is at your fingertips. Take full advantage of your intelligence and common sense
before hitting enter. The servers can prove to be unforgiving in their memory retention.
A word of advice if I may be so bold, adhere to content and context if that is even possible in this day and age.
If so, you will quickly gain respect and validity in this way I believe.
Of course I have tossed out a few rattlers and stepped upon a few sidewinders myself along the way.
Some have come back to bite me. My own sloppiness is to blame.

Best Regards, and thanks for your interesting subject. S&F

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
Here is the NASA Global TEC map:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41ad446f785a.jpg[/atsimg]

Which can be monitored here:
www.gdgps.net...

What the heck is up with that white spot surrounded by red?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well I know next to nothing about Total electron content, never was studied where I went to school but interesting find. I'd say this is probably just more of a coincidence than any actual effect on earthquakes.

Kinda reminds me of the bible code thing. Yes you can find patterns but you can also use that same code on other books and come up with the same stuff. There is always something out there you can use to validate a claim if you piece it together right.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There is little evidence of a relationship between geomagnetic activity and earthquakes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh boy...and here I though Phage was maybe learning to listen to some real scientists. But I have been wrong before... Can you say you were wrong Phage?... c'mon, we want to read it...

Solar activity as a triggering mechanism for earthquakes

John F. Simpsona, b

a Goodyear Aerospace Corporation, USA

b University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA

Received 7 November 1967; revised 16 December 1967. Available online 28 October 2002.

Abstract

Solar activity, as indicated by sunspots, radio noise and geomagnetic indices, plays a significant but by no means exclusive role in the triggering of earthquakes. Maximum quake frequency occurs at times of moderately high and fluctuating solar activity. Terrestrial solar flare effects which are the actual coupling mechanisms which trigger quakes appear to be either abrupt accelerations in the earth's angular velocity or surges of telluric currents in the earth's crust. The graphs presented in this paper permit probabilistic forecasting of earthquakes, and when used in conjunction with local indicators may provide a significant tool for specific earthquake prediction.

linkinghub.elsevier.com...

A relationship between solar activity and frequency of natural disasters in China
Journal Advances in Atmospheric Sciences
Publisher Science Press, co-published with Springer-Verlag GmbH
ISSN 0256-1530 (Print) 1861-9533 (Online)
Issue Volume 20, Number 6 / November, 2003
DOI 10.1007/BF02915516
Pages 934-939
Subject Collection Earth and Environmental Science
SpringerLink Date Sunday, June 08, 2008

Wang Zhongrui1 , Song Feng2 and Tang Maocang1

(1) Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 730000 Lanzhou
(2) Climate and Bio-Atmospheric Sciences Group, School of Natural Resource Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Received: 7 September 2002 Revised: 6 June 2003

Abstract The relationship between the length of the solar cycle, a good indicator of long-term change in solar activity, and natural disasters (drought, flood, and strong earthquakes) in China during the last 108 years is analyzed. The results suggest that the length of solar cycle may be a useful indicator for drought/flood and strong earthquakes. When the solar activity strengthens, we see the length of the solar cycle shorten and more floods occur in South China and frequent strong earthquakes happen in the Tibetan Plateau, but the droughts in East China as well as the strong earthquakes in Taiwan and at the western boundary of China are very few. The opposite frequencies occur when the solar activity weakens. The current study indicates that the solar activity may play an important role in the climate extremes and behavior in the lithosphere.

www.springerlink.com...

Solar activity and global seismicity of the earth

Journal Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Physics
Publisher Allerton Press, Inc. distributed exclusively by Springer Science+Business Media LLC
ISSN 1062-8738 (Print) 1934-9432 (Online)
Issue Volume 71, Number 4 / April, 2007
Category Proceedings of the XXIX All-Russia Conference on Cosmic Rays
DOI 10.3103/S1062873807040466
Pages 593-595
Subject Collection Physics and Astronomy
SpringerLink Date Wednesday, May 16, 2007

S. D. Odintsov1, G. S. Ivanov-Kholodnyi1 and K. Georgieva2

(1) Pushkov Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism, Ionosphere, and Radiowave Propagation, Russian Academy of Sciences, Troitsk, Moscow oblast, 142190, Russia
(2) Laboratory of Solar—Terrestrial Coupling, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sophia, Bulgaria

Abstract Results of studying the character and possible succession of cause-effect relations (in going from a disturbance source on the Sun to a response in the lithosphere in the range of periods from several days to the 11-year solar cycle) have been presented. It has been indicated that the maximum of seismic energy, released from earthquake sources in the 11-yr cycle of sunspots, is observed during the phase of cycle decline and lags 2 yr behind the solar cycle maximum. It has been established that the maximum in the number of earthquakes directly correlates with the instant of a sudden increase in the solar wind velocity.

Original Russian Text © S.D. Odintsov, G.S. Ivanov-Kholodnyi, K. Georgieva, 2007, published in Izvestiya Rossiiskoi Akademii Nauk. Seriya Fizicheskaya, 2007, Vol. 71, No. 4, pp. 608–610.

www.springerlink.com...

Relationship between global seismicity and solar activities

Journal Acta Seismologica Sinica
Publisher Seismological Society of China
ISSN 1000-9116 (Print) 1993-1344 (Online)
Issue Volume 11, Number 4 / July, 1998
DOI 10.1007/s11589-998-0096-5
Pages 495-500
Subject Collection Earth and Environmental Science
SpringerLink Date Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gui-Qing Zhang1

(1) Beijing Astronomical Observatory, Chinese Academy of Science, 100101 Beijing, China

Received: 4 July 1997 Revised: 25 November 1997 Accepted: 25 November 1997

Abstract The relations between sunspot numbers and earthquakes (M≧6), solar 10.7 cm radio flux and earthquakes, solar proton events and earthquakes have been analyzed in this paper. It has been found that: (1) Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed. (2) the earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others. (3) As judged by above interrelationship, the period from 1995 to 1997 will be the years while earthquake activities are frequent. In the paper, the simple physical discussion has been carried out.
Key words solar activity - sunspot numbers - solar radio flux - solar proton events

These results supported the exploration and studies of some researchers to a certain extent.

This work is supported by Foundation of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (major item).

www.springerlink.com...

Another interesting fact which scientists have observed is that cosmic ray fluxes normally increase right before an earthquake occurs. I have posted in the past other similar research that points to the same thing. I want to stress this out because there is something I will show again later which could very well be the reason for the increase in seismic, and magmatic activity we have seen recently.

Annales Geophysicae (2003) 21: 597–602
c European Geosciences Union 2003

High-energy charged particle bursts in the near-Earth space as
earthquake precursors
S. Yu. Aleksandrin1, A. M. Galper1, L. A. Grishantzeva1, S. V. Koldashov1, L. V. Maslennikov1, A.M. Murashov1,
P. Picozza2, V. Sgrigna3, and S. A. Voronov1
1Space Physics Institute, Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute, Kashirskoe shosse 31, 115409 Moscow, Russia
2Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Tor Vergata” and INFN Sez. Rome2, via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, I–00133 Rome, Italy
3Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Roma Tre”, via della Vasca Navale, 84, I–00146 Rome, Italy
Received: 21 July 2001 – Revised: 21 May 2002 – Accepted: 11 July 2002

Abstract. The experimental data on high-energy charged
particle fluxes, obtained in various near-Earth space experiments
(MIR orbital station, METEOR-3, GAMMA and
SAMPEX satellites) were processed and analyzed with the
goal to search for particle bursts. Particle bursts have been selected
in every experiment considered. It was shown that the
significant part of high-energy charged particle bursts correlates with seismic activity. Moreover, the particle bursts are observed several hours before strong earthquakes; L-shells of particle bursts and corresponding earthquakes are practically the same
. Some features of a seismo-magnetosphere connection model, based on the interaction of electromagnetic emission of seismic origin and radiation belt particles, were considered.

Key words. Ionospheric physics (energetic particles,
trapped; energetic particles, precipitating; magnetosphereionosphere
interactions)

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

As to why is this sort of research important for us now? Some of you might remember the following, or you might have forgotten.

Cosmic Rays Hit Space Age High

ScienceDaily (Sep. 29, 2009) — Planning a trip to Mars? Take plenty of shielding. According to sensors on NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft, galactic cosmic rays have just hit a Space Age high.

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything weve seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in solar activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down. Right now solar activity is as weak as it has been in modern times, setting the stage for what Mewaldt calls "a perfect storm of cosmic rays."

"We're experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

www.sciencedaily.com...

Annales Geophysicae (2003) 21: 597–602
c European Geosciences Union 2003

High-energy charged particle bursts in the near-Earth space as earthquake precursors

S. Yu. Aleksandrin1, A. M. Galper1, L. A. Grishantzeva1, S. V. Koldashov1, L. V. Maslennikov1, A.M. Murashov1,
P. Picozza2, V. Sgrigna3, and S. A. Voronov1
1Space Physics Institute, Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute, Kashirskoe shosse 31, 115409 Moscow, Russia
2Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Tor Vergata” and INFN Sez. Rome2, via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, I–00133 Rome, Italy
3Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Rome ”Roma Tre”, via della Vasca Navale, 84, I–00146 Rome, Italy
Received: 21 July 2001 – Revised: 21 May 2002 – Accepted: 11 July 2002

Abstract. The experimental data on high-energy charged
particle fluxes, obtained in various near-Earth space experiments
(MIR orbital station, METEOR-3, GAMMA and
SAMPEX satellites) were processed and analyzed with the
goal to search for particle bursts. Particle bursts have been selected
in every experiment considered. It was shown that the
significant part of high-energy charged particle bursts correlates with seismic activity. Moreover, the particle bursts are observed several hours before strong earthquakes; L-shells of particle bursts and corresponding earthquakes are practically the same
. Some features of a seismo-magnetosphere connection model, based on the interaction of electromagnetic emission of seismic origin and radiation belt particles, were considered.

Key words. Ionospheric physics (energetic particles,
trapped; energetic particles, precipitating; magnetosphereionosphere
interactions)

hal.archives-ouvertes.fr...

This is what a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics has to say about the relationship between solar activity and earthquakes as well as volcanic activities on Earth. As well as what suposedly will occur within the next few years.

SCIENCE WITHOUT BORDERS. Transactions of the International Academy of Science H & E.
Vol.3. 2007/2008, SWB, Innsbruck, 2008 ISBN 978-9952-451-01-6 ISSN 2070-0334
ABOUT POSSIBLE INFLUENCE OF SOLAR ACTIVITY UPON SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC ACTIVITIES: LONG-TERM FORECAST

*Khain V.E., **Khalilov E.N.
*Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov,
**International Academy of Science H&E (Austria, Innsbruck)

It has been determined that in the period of solar activity increase (11-year
cycles) there increase seismic and volcanic activities in the compression zone of
Earth and at the same time there decreases the activity in the tension zones of Earth.

On the basis of the discovered stable 11-year and 22-year cyclicalities in the seismic and volcanic activities and their high correlation with solar activity there has been made the long-term forecast until 2018. The next maximum of seismic and volcanic activity with very high amplitude for the compression zones of Earth is forecasted for the period 2012-2015.

www.khalilov.biz...

BTW, if you want to know who Elchin Khalilov (Khalilov E.N.) is here are a few facts that anyone can corroborate...

Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov (born On April, 26th 1959, Baku, Azerbaijan) is a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
A bit of background from Wiki

Total electron content (or TEC) is an important descriptive quantity for the ionosphere of the Earth. TEC is the total number of electrons present along a path between two points, with units of electrons per square meter, where 1016 electrons/m² = 1 TEC unit (TECU).
TEC is significant in determining the scintillation and group delay of a radio wave through a medium. Ionospheric TEC is characterized by observing carrier phase delays of received radio signals transmitted from satellites located above the ionosphere, often using Global Positioning System satellites. TEC is strongly affected by solar activity.
To first order, the observed phase of a radio source is retarded by an amount proportional to TEC and inversely proportional to the radio frequency. This can be written

en.wikipedia.org...

In astronomy, interplanetary scintillation refers to random fluctuations in the intensity of radio waves of celestial origin, on the timescale of a few seconds. It is analogous to the twinkling one sees looking at stars in the sky at night, but in the radio part of the electromagnetic spectrum rather than the visible one. Interplanetary scintillation is the result of radio waves traveling through fluctuations in the density of the electron and protons that make up the solar wind.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What the research from around the world says is that fluctuations in solar activity, either up or down, does cause earthquakes. When solar activity is down the Solar System recieves more radiations from sources outside the Solar System, which affect Earth's, and every planet's climate as well as seismic and magmatic activity. When solar activity is up the same thing happens, but the source in this case is the Sun.
So yes, solar activity, and sources from outside the Solar System do contribute to earthquake and seismic activity on Earth. Although these two are not the only causes for earthquake and seismic activities.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
THIS IS EVIDENCE OF HAARP IN ACTION no doubt about it.

They push up the ionosphere with ultra-low waves and let it bounce back.

Watch this explenation.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

haarp is real people, it's been proven over and over. Here is official document revealing much.
www.cftc.gov... CL02
edit on 31-3-2011 by Sanjur0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gweedy

THIS IS EVIDENCE OF HAARP IN ACTION no doubt about it.

They push up the ionosphere with ultra-low waves and let it bounce back.

Watch this explenation.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

haarp is real people, it's been proven over and over. Here is official document revealing much.
www.cftc.gov... CL02

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thank you for the finding.

What do you think catalyte the Earth's change that result in periodic Earth extinction events and prime suspects?

Base on an article “A Galactic Superwave Hazard Alert Update” by Dr. Paul LaViolette, periodically intense of Galactic cosmic ray measuring from ice core samples was found to be related to Earth’s changes including periodic extinction events and climatic changes. The research was published on Nexus magazine, Germany in 2009. (www.etheric.com)

His analysis of cosmic ray variations at the Earth’s surface during the past 145,000 years detected three dominant recurrence periods. There are two cyclic phenomenon at 28,500+2,200 years interval and 11,500 +550 years interval, and a smaller events cyclic every 5,750+100 years.

He discovered that a major event in recent time had affected the Earth and the entire solar system about 16,000-11,000 years ago (lining up with the last Ice Age). He made prediction base on the 11,500 years cycle that the Earth is overdue. There was also a smaller event about 5,300 years ago, which last about 20 years and is predicted to arrive the Earth in these coming decades or centuries.

A superwave consists of cosmic ray electrons, gamma rays, x-rays, light, radiowaves – across the whole spectrum – along with a gravity wave. As a layman, it’s comforting to have a specific scientific answer for the coming Earth changes.

My personal observation, I see that the 11,500 +550 years interval is very close to 11,750 years of Elenin orbital period. Is Elenin the source for the 11,500 +550 years cyclic events? I don’t know, but definitely a possible candidate if Elenin have strong gravity wave. Several other sources of the superwave have been recently discovered including the two gamma-ray-emitting bubbles that extend 25,000 light-years north and south of the galactic center. The gigantic and mysterious bubbles in the Milky Way is a prime suspect for the 28,500+2,200 years cyclic events since the Earth procession of the equinox is about 26,000 years or Mayan 1 grand cycle. I have no suspect for the 5,750+100 years cyclic event, but believe the Mayan has the answer since Mayan 1 great cycle is a close 5,126 years.

If a single source event can cause a mass extinction, then a double sources event must be even more destruction. I found that the 28,500+2,200 years interval events and the 11,500 +550 years interval event can bombard the Earth at the same time, mathematically around every 29 million years. I therefore have a hypothesis that when the followings two cyclic events, one superwave arrive from the center of the Galaxy and another superwave arrive from a source orbiting our sun happen at the same time, this will cause the Earth’s major extinction every 28 million years.

Do you think we are facing any of the above cycles or perhaps two cycles at the same time?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Let's review.

1) Maximum earthquake frequency occurs with moderately high activity.
2) Strong solar activity causes more earthquakes in Tibet and fewer in East China. Vice versa for low activity.
3) Maximum seismic energy occurs 2 years after solar maximum.
4) Earthquake activity is less at solar maximum, "frequent" at solar minimum.
5) Cosmic ray stuff.
6) Cosmic ray stuff, no earthquakes mentioned.
7) #5 duplicated.
8) Earthquake activity increases at solar maximum.

So...high solar activity leads to a) more earthquakes or b) less earthquakes
Not much agreement but between them they seem to cover the bases.

edit on 3/31/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Simply put, can you state as fact that solar or magnetic activity in no way affects earthquakes??

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because each research already had a bias, just like your bias in claiming "there is no connection", but your bias is a completely closed mind. The different researchers were looking at what each of them thought could be the connection between solar activity and seismic, as well as magmatic activity on Earth.

When solar activity is low, then our heliosphere becomes weaker, allowing more interstellar dust, high energy particles, radiation, etc to enter the Solar System which affects all planets, and the Sun, and would also affect seismic and magmatic activity in all planets, including Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join