It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction & Real-Time Ionospheric TEC (Total Electron Content) Disturbance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

What happens when solar activity is high?

Solar particles, instead of cosmic particles cause earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You, my friend, have just put the two and two together in providing proof in support of my presentation representing a long standing theorhetical fight I've been having with two outspoken ATS members on this subject, Phage and Chadwickus, correlating Geomagnetic Anomalies with Tectonic Events...

Thank you! Star and Flag!

(sticks toung out at Phage and Chadwickus
)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Here is a plot before the Japan earthquake on 03/11/2011

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43000188f86f.png[/atsimg]

Here is a plot of the Chile quake on 02/27/2010 which was a 8.8 quake

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c063760f17e.png[/atsimg]

So there seems to be no causes or indicators related between the solar flares and earthquakes,
in my opinion.

your graph is NOT a TEC depiction and has nothing to do with this thread's subject matter, TOTAL ELECTRON COUNT!

Please reply when you have THAT RELEVANT DATA AVAILABLE!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by tacjtg
www.ann-geophys.net...

Pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies registered by continuous GPS TEC measurements

Abstract. In this paper we examine pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies by the total electron content (TEC) derived from a ground-based receiver of the Global Positioning System (GPS). A 15-day running median of the TEC and the associated inter-quartile range (IQR) are utilized as a reference for identifying abnormal signals during all of the 20M≥6.0 earthquakes in the Taiwan area from September 1999 to December 2002. Results show that the pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies appear during 18:00–22:00LT (LT=UT+8h) within 5 days prior to 16 of the 20M≥6.0 earthquakes. This success rate of 80% (=16/20%) suggests that the GPS TEC is useful to register pre-earthquake ionospheric anomalies appearing before large earthquakes.

One flag for you, as is the max, but at least three stars. Fantastic correlation that leads to profound implications.

In short: It seems you've shown a connection between activity in the ionosphere and earthquakes. This is PROFOUND because the US has a project that can beam great amounts of energy into the ionosphere. That project is called HAARP. High Altitude Auroral Research Project, if memory serves.

Debunkers might say that there is no connection. Well, here is a correlation between ionospheric activity and earthquakes. HAARP affects ionospheric energy and activity.

Now, this is not saying that HAARP caused the earthquake. It has been known that sound frequencies can effectively nullify each other if one frequency counteracts the other. This may be true of ionospheric "frequencies." If the ionosphere is somehow (even if partially) responsible for earthquakes in ways we may not understand yet, then an array like HAARP could project a counter-balancing frequency/vibration that would PREVENT an earthquake.

Imagine a clandestine, EVIL group trying to cause earthquakes to destabilize a region "they" want to control (ruining Japan, for instance) with exotic and highly secret technology. Imagine CHINA doing this. And the US preventing it with HAARP. Only, they struck unexpectedly and we were too late, OR we somehow failed because China (in Star Trek terms) rotated frequencies, like when the Enterprise randomly shifted their shield frequencies to keep the Borg from being able to penetrate them. Scoff at Star Trek at your own peril, for many scientists were inspired by the shows and entered that realm because of it, and in turn, might think in the terms (perhaps subconsciously) presented by the shows. Either way, the idea of ionospheric energy and frequencies counteracting each other remains.

Very good find. Thank you.

I'd just like to make one correction to your comment, and that is that the U.S. isn't the ONLY nation utilizing HAARP technologies. Please refer to the thread HAARP: New World Vistas (Prepare for the ELF!!!) for more details...

Here's a quote:

I was doing some additional research into HAARP when I came across something shocking...

Something I never knew about HAARP....

Something I've never heard anyone mention about HAARP...

HAARP is not alone!! (WHOA??!) There are other antennae arrays....

edit on 31-3-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Thanks for that chart as well.

Good work.

One thing I have noticed with Chad, and Phage is that they tend to try to separate events, and try to point to just one thing being the cause of earthquakes, when the evidence says the contrary.

You have to look at the whole picture, not just whether solar activity was high. The strength of the Earth's magnetic field, the position of the moon in relation to the Earth, and the Sun. Whether there were any breaches in the Earth's magnetic field. The cosmic ray flux from outside the Solar System, etc, etc.

It is not just one thing, it is everything together that defines whether there would be an earthquake or not

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Can just add that all the research being done is to ultimately better capture and reflect realtime data on changes in gravity to earth,the observations of sun ,earths magnetosphere,lunar conjuncions, planetary conjuctions, solar heliospheric changes are indictictave to the research of capturing changes in gravity,even in the minutaized detail between earth,sun and moon will explain earthquake ,predictions better as everything is moving through space at such high velocity that any variations is indicative of gravity perturberences,warping and affecting any moving component on earths and other planetary bodies throughout the solar system.
All scientists are goimg at full meltdown themselves on the authorities because if a accurate predictor of gravity changes can be found and deployed in space the nuclear reactors on earth have a time window warning to shut down,preventing the current globally unfolding affects.
Support the scientists in gravity research !Observations of the sun if only to observe non affective elements would not require so many satelites,in otherwords if there is no danger from the sun then we as a civilization do not need to watch the sun as much as we do,no maths required.
In other words a no brainer.Watch and learn ,all this research for nothing,no reason thats ridiculous for anyone to deny and is certainly called ignorance.,

And for naysayers who don`t think the emminances are researching plasma electric universe observations,read and weep, ionic plasma ropes connected to the sun every 8 minutes.NASAFrom the main man himself sibeck

The satellites have found evidence of magnetic ropes connecting Earth's upper atmosphere directly to the sun," said David Sibeck, project scientist for the mission at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md. "We believe that solar wind particles flow in along these ropes, providing energy for geomagnetic storms and auroras."

andwww.physorg.com...

Thanks gringo.Hope ye ole are enlightened...yurp,turp...ding(tincan dinging)
edit on 31-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Yep, exactly, Everything within the Solar System, and even outside does affect us.

The Solar System is not standing still in just empty space.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Nope. Nothing happened today (31st March).

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

yes they do! they push up the ionosphere and let is bounce back! I can see that in graphics happening.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So in other words, everything causes earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

So in other words, everything causes earthquakes.

No Chad, but care to tell us what does??
No one seems to know...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Fluctuations in gravity from all gravitational bodies(earth,moon,sun,galaxy) moving through interstellar medium at extreme velocities,thats your answer,and yes they do know !
Remember einstein E=mC2,fluctuations in the gravity of the galaxy affect numero uno.
Preparations and investment for launch.
Peace gringo
Refer to earlier post .No ignorance here,pure science.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Well plate tectonics plays a big part I heard....

But here's 5 Ways to Cause a Man Made earthquake to keep you happy for a while.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes and weight is a fact redistributed by non other than the moon.if it is`nt then why do we need it.
No one can remain ignorant forever.Eathquakes on the moon...mmm techtonics on the moon ..NO
affects of gravity perturbences.earthquake.usgs.gov...

8.Moonquakes (“earthquakes” on the moon) do occur, but they happen less frequently and have smaller magnitudes than earthquakes on the Earth. It appears they are related to the tidal stresses associated with the varying distance between the Earth and Moon. They also occur at great depth, about halfway between the surface and the center of the moon.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Peace gringo

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well plate tectonics plays a big part I heard....

But here's 5 Ways to Cause a Man Made earthquake to keep you happy for a while.

If they knew what caused them then it stands to reason they could predict them..
Funny thing is, they can't..

But you and a few others preach like you know..
Sad really...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Thats why
Being ignorant is one thing being enlightened is another,they soon will .
gravity of the situation

Micro fluctuations in the timing records of these ropes will indicate perturberance changes in small scales but with significant energy mass movements on the macro scale of earth.However 8 minutes(variations) does not give a good quick response time window ,hence space deployments for better study.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Total Electron Content is a measure of the amount of ions trapped within the magnetosphere. It is of concern to satellite operators.

Whenever there is an increase in geomagnetic activity, the TEC is seen to drop. The activity causes the ions to precipitate at the magnetic poles. If the activity is strong enough it creates auroral displays when the ions encounter the neutral atoms of the upper atmosphere.

There is little evidence of a relationship between geomagnetic activity and earthquakes.

It seems your old school way of thinking is WRONG again. Your thunder has been stolen.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Come again?

I preach that I know?

Sorry but where have I preached anything?

You're just putting words in my mouth now.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Not to get completely off topic but something is not right. Down here in Florida we just seen one hell of a tornado-mega lightning producing storm the likes of witch I haven't seen in along time. Besides the increased solar activity causing this, God is angry. I would have to place my bet that we will see a bad quake around 4pm today after witnessing non stop lightning this morning.

I pray i am wrong.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
very good first post.
I look forwoud to more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join