It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Music- First from Above, now from Below.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Case #1 - Apollo 10 Astronauts

Most of us Conspiracy Researchers will recall the case of Apollo 10 Astronauts : Tom Stafford, Gene Cernan and John Young discussing the “outer-spacey” music they head while on the far side of the moon. This music happened during the LOS (loss of signal) period that occurred while the communications between themselves and mission control were temporarily unavailable due to their position behind the moon. Gene Cernan is the first to hear the music (in the LM) and the transcripts shows that he radios John Young in the CSM to confirm he is hearing the same thing. John young then replies “Yea, I got it too…….and see who was outside?” Not only does JY confirm he hears it, but look at his following statement, “and see who is outside” ! Now who could be “outside” the space vessels?! More importantly John Young is inferring that there may be a connection between the “music” and “who is outside” of their crafts. After a few minutes of dialogue regarding the mission Gene Cernan brings up the topic again, “boy, that sure is strange music” in which John Young replies “ Were going to have to find out about that. Nobody will Believe us.”

During their next orbit of the dark side the “music” RETURNS. Addressing Tom Stafford this time Gene Cernan asks “You hear music Tom? That crazy whistling?” In which Tom Stafford replies “I can hear it.” Gene replies “that’s really weird” and Tom replies “it is.” Further on Gene AGAIN brings up the subject by stating “Listen to eerie music”. They even continue random dialogue regarding the music and how eerie and weird it was, and that nobody is going to believe them.

Once the signal is re-acquired, at no point does Stafford, Cernan or Young ever make any mention of this “music” to mission control that they were hearing on the far side of the moon! All this dialogue is only seen on the NASA transcripts of the recordings between the astronauts that was not heard live and only RECORDED within the vessels for future review. The astronauts were concerned over this to a high degree while talking amongst them selves but as soon as contact with mission control was re-established it was never brought up again. Very interesting to say the least.

Apollo 10 Transcripts

Case # 2- Dr Story Musgrave

This lesser known account comes from a NASA astronaut who has been to space no fewer than 6 times, has taken over 10,000 photos from space and retired in 1997 after 30 years in the space program. Dr Musgrave tells his account of hearing this music in space that none of his fellow crew members could hear-or at least admit to hearing. It was on his last flight that Dr Musgrave heard the mysterious music. “I wasn’t hearing things; it was noble, magnificent music”. Yet his crew mates heard nothing. Very interesting indeed.

Dr Musgrave

Case #3- Will Carson & Jeannie Joy

In April 1963 Will and Jeannie recounted an incredible tale of Mr and Mrs P.E in their regular column “prying into the unknown” in “Search” magazine that while exploring an unmapped cave system that eventually turned in a huge cavern beneath Deep Springs California they too heard “music”. The story goes while searching for petro glyphs in the Casa Diablo vicinity of Bishop California they stumbled onto a 9-foot opening in the earth. Armed with just a flashlight they explored this subterranean system. They tell of faces carved into the walls with water running out of them. Suddenly water started to rush in raising the water level at an alarming rate. Once on the surface "Do you know,' Mrs. E. said to her husband, 'while I stood down there I heard music - the strangest, most weird music I'd ever heard. But it seemed to come from everywhere at once, or inside my own head. I guess it was just my imagination.' "Mr. E. turned pale. 'My God,' he said; I thought it was MY imagination, but I heard it, too - like music from some other world!'

Source

When comparing the descriptions of the “music” heard in these 3 cases it is indeed eerily similar to one another. Whether in the outreaches of space or beneath the earth in deep cave systems we have this Mysterious Music that cant be explained. Some have associated it with the ET presence while others will dismiss it as delusions or fantasy. What is Your take on this Phenomenon??

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
like this (speeded up or slowed down, not sure which) sounds of jupiter. the last 5 minutes or so, there's something like singing

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have never heard of this before. I am finding it very interesting. Thank you for that.

Although, I am not sure if I agree with how the person who created the video is trying to force me to believe that he says, "You wouldn't believe this Frank." I actually had the video playing, but was on a different tab, the first time that statement kept repeating. What I hear is, "You wouldn't believe this thing." Either way, it is still interesting and I am curious as to what he was actually talking about. I just don't actually think he is saying 'Frank." I cannot hear a "K" sound at all.

Do you know if there is any available audio that any of them have made since, comparing it to this music? Or if they have just named any specific songs stating that "this is what it sounded like?"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

Very interesting,i had never heard of astronauts hearing music.
The third case reminds me of the folk tales here in Greece about the nymphs and fairies.It is said that in certain places (usually forests and caves) where fairies dwell people can hear music,a very strange music.

Nymphs tended to frequent areas distant from humans but could be encountered by lone travelers outside the village, where their music might be heard, and the traveler could spy on their dancing or bathing in a stream or pool, either during the noon heat or in the middle of the night.

Nymph

As for the space music,i have no idea what it might be,but makes you think what a marvelous universe we live in.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
Case #1 - Apollo 10 Astronauts

Most of us Conspiracy Researchers will recall the case of Apollo 10 Astronauts : Tom Stafford, Gene Cernan and John Young discussing the “outer-spacey” music they head while on the far side of the moon.

For anyone that hasn't seen this case before, there was a fairly lengthy thread about it on ATS a couple of years ago : Apollo 10 Music Behind the Moon.

Zorgon started that thread with relevant transcripts and the video below:

I think it is worth quoting Phage's initial comment from that thread:

Originally posted by Phage
The sound was being picked up on the VHF radio used for communications between the Command Module and the Lander. Gene Cernan seemed to be the only one of the three that was very interested in it, to the point of annoying the others. He's the only one who called it "music". It's mentioned five times in the space half an hour (while it was occurring). If it was really "music" I would think there would have been a lot more serious discussion about it. As it was, the conversation was pretty jokey.

Sounds like it was some kind of interference ("whistling sound"), possibly from equipment onboard the spacecraft.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 30-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow, pretty interesting sounds considering space is just a vacuum. I wonder what other planets might make their own music?!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Check out this one.

The Cassini spacecraft has been detecting intense radio emissions from the planet Saturn. They come from the planet's aurorae, where magnetic field lines thread the polar regions. These signals have been shifted into the range of human hearing and compressed in time.
I am not going to lie, and say that I understand exactly what this^^ means, but the sounds are cool & creepy. About midway through, it changes to something completely different, but I like it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
an informative thread.....

One would be quick to blame audio equipment on board the space craft for sure. I'm not so sure about that.

Subconscious sounds maybe?....it's possible...brought on by atmospheric pressures inside the spacecraft or magnetic interference from the celestial body?...Not so sure about that either...

While the cave system story can't be verified, if you were to tie the three together, this would rule out the audio equipment....The earth makes some crazy noises on its own, so who knows....

very cool thread....

It's nice to see something like this after all of the

"I'm a hybrid alien and i can prove it by using medieval speak"
or-
"Its not a bird. Its a UFO disguising itself as a bird"...

ugh....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Where did you get this Article from??? I am very VERY intriged by it and I want to learn more about it!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
try this out. it's the sounds of some of the planets and moons in our solar system. check out earth
www.spacesounds.com...
edit on 30-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I like that site. Thank you for that.
I'm finding all sorts of crazy sounds, and I just got started.

On this page, Pulsar PSR BO329+54 (8 O'Clock position)
Any clue what that could actually be?
Sounds like someone walking around in my attic.

edit on 3/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by undo

I like that site. Thank you for that.
I'm finding all sorts of crazy sounds, and I just got started.

On this page, Pulsar PSR BO329+54 (8 O'Clock position)
Any clue what that could actually be?
Sounds like someone walking around in my attic.

edit on 3/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

you should check out jupiter's moon ganymede.

click on jupiter then on ganymede. sounds like electronic alien voices lol

oh you are using the front page instead of the navigator.
well ganymede would be at the one oclock position i guess.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I was just click, click, clicking away. I wasn't sure what page I was on.

Not knowing what is actually creating the sounds, allows my imagination to run wild with them.
Ganymede's is a good one. So many possibilities- very intriguing.

You may not realize how much I appreciate that. So thank you again. I need to take a break from it for now, but I have a feeling that site is going to be opened quite often on my computer.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Yeah there are interesting theories about these sounds but the source remains elusive. Some describe the music as almost coming from within their own head as if the sound is being projected omnidirectional.

top topics

join