It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any realism/truth to the cult scene in Kubrick's "Eyes wide shut"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Kubrick was a martyr in the InfoWar on this PrisonPlanet.
Just like Willian Egan Colby. www.arlingtoncemetery.net...
May they rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
Didn't you _just_ post this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and again here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That makes three duplicate threads in row.

are you a bot?

David Grouchy
edit on 29-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

Yes, guilty as charged.
Due to some idiotic action of my own the thread tripled, and I didn't even notice this at first.
I asked the mods to keep the thread with the most footage for analysis - it was a tough decision because people had already contributed.
My sincere apologies to all who posted on the other versions.
There was some really interesting material, including a comparison on Bohemian Grove rituals in relation to the film.
Please do add the material again here.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
. . . seeing as my response was in one of the deleted threads.

I always thought that "Eyes Wide Shut" was
Kubrics version of "The Story Of O"
but from the Man's perspective.

While most of the men I have talked too know nothing about this
many women do. Remember the first thing they took from her
before they locked her in the sex dungeon was her purse.

And just like in the Story of O, we never do find out her real name.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
One only need look at his body of work to see he is telling stories about the elite - otherwise known as the controllers.

Lolita. (pedophelia, obession)
Paths of Glory (war)
Dr. Strangelove (obvious)
Clockwork Orange (mind control etc.)
2001 (you decide)
Barry Lyndon (under rated look at the elite)
Full Metal Jacket (modern war)
The Shining (check out a youtube of the hidden sound tracks)

I fully believe, based on what I know and have experienced, Eyes Wide Shut is his final assault on and his best showing of the state of the elite. One needs to take his body of work in context, he has told a story that spans all of these movies, see them as parts to a whole. Individually they stand on their own, as a whole the show the insane nature, and brilliance, of those few who control the masses.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

this should answer your questions about kubrick and the hidden messages in his videos. this guy even said that the movie AI was about pedophilia. its almost an hour long but a lot of interesting stuff heres the link:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

An excellent clip.
Very recommended. The hour passes quickly.
Thank you so much.

A lot of interconnected issues.
Firstly on deleted scenes between issues - when the film first came out in SA in an art-house theater a friend of mine saw scenes I never did later. He described orgies and a woman showing her "cookie" for no reason.
The pedophilia stuff really shocked me.
That's a bit dodgy for this film, I never saw major perversions anywhere, not even anything gay.
I recall Tom Cruise gets called a "faggot" completely out of the blue, and that receptionist at the end is a bit flirty.
However, there is that weird child-like use of time in the film, with colorful Christmas lights and silent tip-toe steps, so maybe it is indirect. Well, the focus of this film is more the Monarch mind-control of females.
One thing I must say though is that the speaker claims that "bears" is a code for pedophiles (when referring to Kubrick's use of teddy-bears).
"Bears" can also be grown, hairy, masculine men who have sex only with adults.
So there are two meanings, which should not be confused.

I saw the latest (Guy Ritchie) version of Sherlock Holmes.
That had a major, almost tiresome conspiracy thread.
Then we find out it is all sleight of hand, but a dodgy supernatural event (justice) does occur at the end.
This makes Eyes Wide Shut more original, because we get two interpretations, and the occult/conspiracy explanation is just as likely as the more banal possibility.
In fact, the former is more likely.
So, while the official position always eventually denies the occult in film thrillers, this film makes us question and think about our assumptions.
We're always told, oh no it's not a conspiracy, there's a normal explanation for any convergence of conspiracy evidence.
OUR leaders are such peaceful, just and well-intentioned people. That's why the world is such a mess!
Similarly that sentiment strikes a cord in this film: Oh no, it's not a black magic, murdering cult - it was just a kinky sex club, and the woman who saved your life as an imposter just died of a heroin overdose.
Yeah right.

edit on 1-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
You should check out film director/analyst Rob Ager's website for info on Eyes Wide Shut. He had a great 3 part series uploaded on Youtube but took it down. Here is his text written analysis on Eyes Wide Shut. Very good read.

A very good interpretation, that does not negate the conspiracy interpretation, and keeps a class based reading and awareness throughout (a tension between the nobility and the common man, and a questioning of that distinction, I'd think).
Also a good recognition of how Kubrick (in whatever version) plays with the audience.
I'm not sure everyone is repulsed by the short orgy scene.
Perhaps even somewhat disappointed, but repulsed?
Cruise gets homophobic abuse in the film, which unlike his then marriage to Kidman is never clarified.
So I'm also not sure I agree with this:

In a modern world that is rife with infidelity, lies, hedonism and sexual decadence Stanley is encouraging us all to throw away our masks and take a good look in the mirror. His final and most underestimated masterpiece is a call for an end to all forms of secrecy, be they personal, social or political.

Really?
In a queer reading I wonder whom he is actually jealous of - his wife, or her fantasy/lover (similar to the end in Cabaret)?
Who asks him to strip at the ritual?
Does it really drop secrecy, or draw attention to human duplicity?

edit on 1-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

yeah it makes so much sense. theres no CONspiracy theres just the truth and the truth is there is a system built programmed to double cross every one at birth. the media makes sure that conspiracy theorist are labeled as nut jobs well portrayed in movies. we cant even talk about conspiracies without the first five words we say and they dismiss everything.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well said above!

Since reading on Kubrick and his hints at pedophilia (not so much in Eyes Wide Shut, but his other films), I've become very conscientized on references to child-sex in Hollywood.
Wow, there is so much to be exposed in order to stop it.
Yesterday I saw an old favorite comedy called Airplane .
There's one scene where a boy brings a little girl some coffee.
Cute at first.
Then she says: "I like my coffee black; like my men".
This girl is younger than ten, is that funny?
Next a boy is brought to the "cockpit", where the old pilot makes a number of astounding remarks.
He asks the boy-child: "Have you ever seen a grown man naked" and "Do you ever hang out around the gymnasium".
Is that just dated humor?
I think not.

The scene is deflected with the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar incognito sport's star banter, but this pilot is a pedophile.

Strange, I saw that movie decades ago and never noticed this.
So, this discussion on Kubrick is very enlightening.
edit on 3-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join