It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This is disturbing "The US Civil Disturbance Plan 55-2 Operation Garden Plot/Conplan 3502" it says during civil unrest the Military can use deadly force. It's also called REX 84.

www.uhuh.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
If the government did nothing to prepare for an emergency, people would complain.

When the government does make preparations, then it is a conspiracy.

Cannot win for losing. Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

One of the problems I see with their government help plans is they usually wait until most are dead before rushing in to pull out the dead and deliver food to the survivers. It saves them time and money. I think we should all prepare and try to fend for ourselves as much as possible.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JapanTsunami

Nothing is wrong with it, but it IS odd. You can find websites of people discussing if going to law school might help them get a job, or if just a regular MA is enough.

In other words, its a highly sought after career path, and very competitive, and its hard to imagine that in a time when unemployment is crazy high they should need to be running radio ads unless they needed a crap load of people fast for some reason.

Now it COULD be they need bodies for their exercises. (sometimes really just to be bodies and lay on the ground) since Memphis is in the area in which the May exercises will be held. So its possible the CIA just needs people to do menial work on a temporary basis, but wants to hire early because they have all the back ground stuff they have to do.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I do not disagree with you and I do take the responsibility upon myself to make sure my family is safe as much as I can. I was only trying to illustrate that no matter what the government does, no one will be happy, even when in the rare cases they do do things for our benefit.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

I do not disagree with you and I do take the responsibility upon myself to make sure my family is safe as much as I can. I was only trying to illustrate that no matter what the government does, no one will be happy, even when in the rare cases they do do things for our benefit.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

The US is indeed one of the best countries in the world, however nothing is what it seems. If we look behind the scenes we see deception and plans we arent familiar with. You would think FEMA would know how to handle these things but they have shown a lack of coordination and promptness in reacting to emergencies. They like to spend their money on mass coffin liners. They are planning in a way I'm not happy about.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Another BIG problem with our government was outlined in that thing you posted at the top of this page. They think they should be allowed to do everything in secret, and conceal everything from the people, and in a democracy, you really just cant.

Voters cannot make good decisions if crucial information is withheld from them. And that is increasingly the case in the US. More and more is just "classified" and we are a democracy in name only. You cannot be said to be choosing in any real way if you lack the information related to your choice.

If the government wants the people to trust them, they have to also trust the people. We are not supposed to be "two." We are supposed to be "one." A government OF the people BY the people and FOR the people. They are not supposed to be a "them" opposed to "us" and concealing things from "us." We are supposed to be united as one. Thats the whole #ing point of the US.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
ok that really gave me the eebe G beez

now how does one stockpile water for six months? I have a deep well that goes underground to a natural sping... is that good enough?

how can I stockpile food for 6 months? well I guess its a good oppertunity to lose some weight...
I would even suggest stockpile your meds your on if on any...

I need to get more smokes... damn.. so when is anything gfoing to happen?

You start saving milk jugs. Put a teaspoon of bleach in each bottle of water. That will keep it safe.
Buy plenty of "dry goods". Rice, canned food, anything that doesn't need to be refrigerated. Get a simple Sterno burner and a boat load of Sterno fuel cans. There are plenty of resources online on how to prepare. Get a wind-up and/or solar powered radio, preferably one with amateur radio bands. That may be the only reliable form of communication in the case of a national emergency.

Do a simple Google on "survival necessities" or something similar. Personally, I've purchased a case or two of MRE's. They aren't the cheapest way to go but I got a deal on them. Good luck and God be with all of you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

There there's always this:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Source

I remember when he made that speech. The cheering from the crowd made me, WTF? Now, to my way of thinking, those are truly the "sheeple". Almost like Obama could have said, "we're going to come into your neighborhood and shoot anybody who even LOOKs out of place" and those people would have cheered wildly. I have to say, the zombie-like trance the Obamabots were in was downright scary; almost like The Stepford Wives.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. It has become an "Us vs. Them" to such a large degree we are merely a shadow of what we are supposed to be. Between Executive Orders (circumventing the constitution) and doing everything in the name of "national security", our own government has become such a shadow government that they don't need to have a shadow government! This started long ago but greatly accelerated with Bush the 43rd and is ramping up even more with Obama. Obama promised more transparency in government; we have less, he promised to cut out "special interest" appointments, we have have more.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Another BIG problem with our government was outlined in that thing you posted at the top of this page. They think they should be allowed to do everything in secret, and conceal everything from the people, and in a democracy, you really just cant.

Voters cannot make good decisions if crucial information is withheld from them. And that is increasingly the case in the US. More and more is just "classified" and we are a democracy in name only. You cannot be said to be choosing in any real way if you lack the information related to your choice.

If the government wants the people to trust them, they have to also trust the people. We are not supposed to be "two." We are supposed to be "one." A government OF the people BY the people and FOR the people. They are not supposed to be a "them" opposed to "us" and concealing things from "us." We are supposed to be united as one. Thats the whole #ing point of the US.

Yes, that link above also has a PDF link with many pages that are left blank, very secretive. I agree that there is no transparency. The banks are in control, with the power of the Federal Reserve behind them. I also agree that the government is heading subtly towards a fascist style, full of secrets and becoming more and more Anti-Democratic, yet we fight others for democracy. I don’t want to see us having radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology. The problem is we are now a global culture thanks to technology. It’s hard to trust decisions regarding the US that come from the G-20. We have been somewhat sold out.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaeologyUnderground

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by ArchaeologyUnderground

When everyone runs out of bullets, the archaeology nerds will be in hot demand.

You don't really believe that someone won't remember how to make gunpowder, do you? After all, we've been mass producing it for over half a millenium. The Chinese likely had it for longer.

No, I don't think we'll forget how to make anything, but it's all about access to ingredients. We (as a species) likely won't forget how to make computers, or combustion engines, or airplanes either, but those things would simply cease to become part of the everyday reality for a lot of people. I suspect gunpowder and the ability to easily work metals might be among those things that persevere longer but, ultimately, become unrealistic for the average person.

Of course, I'm talking a super long-term, back to the stone age kind of worldwide species crash here, which I don't believe will actually occur. Just speculating is all.

The Potassium Nitrate and charcoal can be made locally - just have to find a source of sulphur, and of course lead for the bullets. Flintlock is the way to go - indians preferred flintlocks even after the introduction of cap and ball because they could make their own ignition for them, but couldn't make the caps - had to trade for them.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Crakeur

Totally Agreed!

Gold has absolutely no value in a survival situation. Who in their right mind is going to trade you vital food and water something that won't keep them alive. A hoard of gold is just a sitting target for marauders. Food, Water, Medicine, and bullets is the way to go!

A little silver or gold might bribe the guards.

Not if I'm one of them. Can't eat it or sleep under it, it's useless to me. I agree, though, there are those out there who will see something shiny and say "Ooh! Lookey there! Shiii-neeee!".

Crows do that, too.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
I believe you are truthfully passing info along that you cannot confirm or deny. I appreciate how you came across. I have to ask a rhetorical question...why 6 months? If this is HUGE, which it sounds like, after 6 months were back to normal?! This isn't just about this post, I see "6months" stockpile regularly. So this is a question pointed towards everyone here, WHY 6 MONTHS?! If something apocalyptic is going to happen, I'm planning for a year. We have about 3 months as it is. I just never go much beyond that because most foods don't do well after 1.5 to 2 years. MRE's do but are super expensive.
So what's peoples thought on 6 months, most of you are pretty sharp and I expect some pretty logical explanations!

Six months is time enough to figure out your way in the brave new world, whatever it turns out to be, or prepare to meet your maker. The supplies are to buy time to get that done without having to worry about day to day necessities and where they're coming from today.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oleus
reply to post by JudgedCover

after a week of ramen noodles, i'd give up on principle.
edit on 30-3-2011 by oleus because: (no reason given)

Low survival potential, then. Don't join any groups - you'll only drag them down with you. I once lived for 18 months on ramen noodles and rice, and whatever I could scrounge to add in for just the slightest bit of variety. When the rubber meets the road, and you see the darkness at the end of the tunnel, you'll change your tune. people will do what they have to in order to survive.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by oleus
reply to post by JudgedCover

after a week of ramen noodles, i'd give up on principle.
edit on 30-3-2011 by oleus because: (no reason given)

Low survival potential, then. Don't join any groups - you'll only drag them down with you. I once lived for 18 months on ramen noodles and rice, and whatever I could scrounge to add in for just the slightest bit of variety. When the rubber meets the road, and you see the darkness at the end of the tunnel, you'll change your tune. people will do what they have to in order to survive.

It is amazing what people will do and are capable of when things are on the line.

It is fascinating to watch things in action. Before the situation occurs, peoples morals/ethics would not allow some action, but once put into certain situations, those same morals/ethics have changed. If a vegetarian got hungry enough, I bet they would have no problems in killing an animal and eating it then.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yep. Fads go right out the window when your belt buckle slaps your backbone around long enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JapanTsunami

Originally posted by maybee
I actually posted this on another thread, but felt it might be appropriate here too. From yesterday...

Oh my gosh... On my way to work this morning, on a local Memphis radio station, there was a commercial for the CIA. They were advertising jobs in the Washington DC area and it was a recruiting type advertisement. I've never heard one before, so it was a little strange. It had a patriotic type theme kinda like the military recruitment commercials.

What's wrong with the CIA recruiting people?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with the CIA recruiting people, I just said I've just never heard a commercial for them before. That's all.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by alyoshablue

As some of you may or may not know, i am a security systems analyst for dhs. Well lately there has been alot of rumors around the office. The one that seems to stick out in my mind is about this comet supposed to be making a pass later this year. Alot of the higher ups are referring to it as wormwood. Just some food for thought. No i cant go into more details sorry

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Well it's settled then if a comet hits the planet we are all F@#$ed! I don't care how much water, food, guns or how fortified your shelter is you will be dead when it happens or soon after.

I'm going to spend $100,000 lent to me by a loan shark now on a stripper - Later!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by alyoshablue

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join