It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul believes Libya intervention an impeachable offense.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

“The President committed the U.S. to military invention without consulting Congress, in clear subversion of Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution, which gives only Congress the power to declare war,” Kucinich wrote in a Tuesday letter to colleagues.

Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul will be co-sponsoring an amendment announced Tuesday by Ohio Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich that would defund the American military intervention in Libya.

Let's start off with Obama's address about Libya.

Just thought I'd add this in here....
[The US Soldier who GETS IT!!!!!!!! There is HOPE!!!!!!!]

www.abovetopsecret.com...
---------------

Now for Ron Paul's video on "Why Obama Is Wrong on Libya"

Sources

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My take on all this is nothing short of [wtf]. If Bush was not impeached there is no way in heck Obama will be, regardless of who is pressing for it. Congress is mad because Obama does not brief them when it should be Obamas first priority prior to any attack on any forgin or domestic land.

What does everyone else think?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sorry I have to add that Obama clearly states our intentions in Libya IS NOT to enforce a regime change.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Beware of soldiers who have tried cannabis, they suffer from logic and rational thinking. Delusions of anti-government thinking can also be related to cannabis usage, or any substance that rationalizes peaceful solutions to financial problems can be deemed harmful to US political agendas..
edit on 29-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do I have a jerk alert over my head? How and why do you troll's always find a way to ram bunk my threads. I NEVER ONCE typed anything about cannabis in my OP.
edit on 29-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchMan

I'm making a deeper point than the surface reality. If you disagree with my point, just simply state that. Maybe those who can't see the bigger picture piss me off, but that's the way things are here at this time. We have to work together or be divided and conquered, if you choose to be divided from me against our common enemy, well, have fun with that.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I asked peoples opinions about what Ron Paul is saying. I did not ask your take about someone else's thread I referenced you too from within my OP. What you did is like a child with ADHD who is playing cards one second then spins around and plays with trucks, then brings the two together to play with both.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I cannot tell if that is sarcasm. If so than ok. If not than not very helpful to this thread.

I believe that is most definitely an impeachable offense. Sadly, it is highly unlikely.

Of course I am radical. I think Bush should be tried, and executed for high treason.

I am glad at least there is a discussion going on about interventionism. These wars will be the death of our nation both in the economic realm, and in the realm of free political expression.

I read an article that argued Obama is merely rehabilitating the image of intervention by spinning it as humanitarian. I would not be surprised.

My dream ticked is Paul/Kucinich . The anti-war/anti-corporate left, and the libertarian right could make an alliance. They would have to make a truce on free markets, and the nanny state to fight the warfare state.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

LMAO, you got me there, I do have A.D.H.D. tendencies, I apologize if that was your impression of me.
I would love to see Ron Paul elected to President, but alas I also know the reality of the situation, which is if he was elected, that would mean he accepted the global agenda and they let him be the people's puppet.

This is why they black list Ron every chance they get, despite the people's popular opinion for his representation. Ron Paul would legalize cannabis BTW, which does solve a lot of problems, financially, medically, and spiritually, and that was the point I was trying to make... we are spiritually ill as a nation, we are disconnected from our hearts, and we are basically programmed biological machines working for service to self & their agendas.
We need to re-evaluate ourselves and the entire system.
edit on 29-3-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Thank you for your comment and I respect your opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
Do I have a jerk alert over my head? How and why do you troll's always find a way to ram bunk my threads. I NEVER ONCE typed anything about cannabis in my OP. For the love of god some people here at ATS piss me off. ASSHOLES

Slow down there, I don't believe he had any intention of trolling you, what he said was valid in its own
right. I also don't think he was replying to anything you had said, just stating a (in my opinion) fact.

ATS members, as far as I'm concerned, are not part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

In my eyes Ron Paul can do more as he is.

I too believe if he was to become president he would have to follow an agenda.
---
Ron Paul is so far the only person I know of who openly attack's all forms of corruption, and not just those who serve as a political interest if you catch my drift.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is anyone else seeing a pattern around the Paul's and Kunich's and teaparty folk? No? Well they all talk alot, but do nothing. Paul wrote letter, big deal. How about standing up and moving for impeachment? They are cowards who love to point out wrongdoings, but then do nothing about them.

Well Paul and company when are you gonna put your money where your mouth is?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

My mistake. I'm having a hard time distinguishing who is a troll and who is a derailer or who is actually giving their true opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Thank you stygmartyrZA, you got my point I think.

I am not a troll, I prefer to add something to a conversation, even if it is out of the blue yonder now and then, that is very ADHD of me though. Blame the fluoride. =)

We are on the same page as far as Ron Paul. I think we both wish he could do more but he has done so much, I love his old debates on video, he was younger and had a lot of fire in his words.
These soldiers who are speaking out are also going viral and doing a great deal of good in my opinion, I promote these soldiers every chance I get and I have no personal ties to military, I just respect true courage.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

alright, I'm not an American, but i have followed Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich as if they
were politicians in my own country, I think that that's the difference between them and someone
like Obama, they are doing ALL they can do within their means.

They are speaking out, reasoning and using the knowledge that has already been put in place
by former leaders. They are not trying to push the patriot act, over-ride congress and act as though
the order of presidents has been one following constant intellectual increase culminating with their election
(Obama).

however this does not imply that I am naive as to believe that obama has any real control above tie
colour and breakfast cereal, which is sad as it follows that were Ron or Dennis ever elected president, they
would either be forced to corform or face the "consequences"

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All of you should look into the War Powers Act.So, this is, in fact, not an impeachable offense. Ron Paul should know this. The real debate should be the constitutionality of the War Powers Act.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
All of you should look into the War Powers Act.So, this is, in fact, not an impeachable offense. Ron Paul should know this. The real debate should be the constitutionality of the War Powers Act.

Unfortunately, neither the War Powers Resolution nor the War Powers Act allow the attack on Libya as it has unfolded. However, I agree with your statement regarding the required debate over the Constitutionality of said "laws".

Obama is every bit ripe for impeachment as were many of his predecessors. The days of a nation ruled by Constitutional law are now gone so we just go via the whim of whomever the puppet du jour (aka POTUS) is these days.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

BEIJING/MOSCOW: China and Russia have called for an immediate ceasefire in Libya expressing concern over civilian casualties in the military strikes by allied forces in areas controlled by Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. ( Turkey slams Libya strikes )

Sou rce

China and Russia called for a cease-fire on US and allies. Will they attack in Libya now? why did Obama not ask for their support? Or at least get an okay from them both to proceed with air strike. Obama is in a tin can and someone is kicking it. It's ok for NATO to kill civilians but not Qaddafi?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I know I will probably be burned at the stake for speaking against the holy one by the cult of the Paul, but he's wrong.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Article II Section 4

As the president does have the power to send the military in for 60 days before consulting congress, he has done none of the above as far as impeachable offenses go.

Sorry folks, the most holy Paul your god is wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join