It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima's radioactive plume reaches the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well looks like its got here too, well Scotland anyway at very low levels

Source

For the first time since the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986, a radiation plume from a crippled nuclear power station has been detected over the British isles.

monitoring stations in Glasgow and Oxford are now measuring only the "minutest traces" of one radionuclide, iodine-131, from the plume released by the Fukushima plant's ailing reactors and spent fuel ponds. It stresses that the levels of the substance in the air people inhale are way below background levels.

Lets just hope it doesn't cause the problems with our farmland like Chernobyl did...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah I was reading about this today, it's a bit worrying, however, I don't understand how no other Country on the way from Japan has reported this? Surely it's not just jumped from Japan to Glasgow!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
if this is being relised in mainstream news like the bbc then just think what they are holding back!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Yeah I was reading about this today, it's a bit worrying, however, I don't understand how no other Country on the way from Japan has reported this? Surely it's not just jumped from Japan to Glasgow!

It's been detected all through the USA from the west to east coast.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391

Originally posted by faryjay

It's been detected all through the USA from the west to east coast.

Oh yeah, sorry forgot about that! I was wondering why no one in Europe has mentioned it, but now that I think about it, it would have to go past UK to get to the rest of Europe, I had the other direction in mind ...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fezrable
if this is being relised in mainstream news like the bbc then just think what they are holding back!

The media lives off hidden news! Some things will never change

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
revaltions everyday now in the mainstream, but sheeple just dont take any notice

new topics

top topics

join