It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Event, V, Cancelled? Fate still uncertain....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know about renewal, and I would agree that The Event isn't the best television out there however it is interesting for it's own reasons. When it first came out I had the intuitive sense that it was about soft-pedal disclosure. Then David Wilcock comes out with this article

divinecosmos.com...

There are a number of things from the series that are interesting, especially lately with the further development of the character of James Dempsey.

A few points about him:

1) He's a billionaire with enough influence to buy off/threaten the Vice President
2) He's hired Vicky Roberts, former CIA agent, to do some of his dirty work
2) He's a shape shifter of some sort (shown several times throughout the series)
3) He's responsible for kidnapping children, presumably for some chemical they produce (that keeps him young?)
4) He himself is some sort of alien (as evidenced by both the shape shifting and the pictographs in the archaeology dig in the recent episode) whose people have been on earth longer than 2000-1900 BC "Oh, they're quite older than that" (in regards to limestone amphora with strange language on it)

Not in regards to Dempsey but the bigger picture:

1) The NSA monitors all communications, esp. persons of interest
2) The government has satellites that can map and monitor "every square inch" of any given city block, complete with infrared heat signatures.

Granted these are all memes that are already out there in conspiracy circles. The question is whether they are just using the memes or if it is an admission of some sort (or something preparing people to not be so shocked when the truth does come out.)
edit on 29-3-2011 by coyotepoet because: Added second list

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Honestly, the new "V" was horrid. I can't even claim that I liked it's filming or special effects. I enjoyed the first season, but the second season has been just awful.

The Event was annoying with all the switching. I watched the first two episodes and realized that it was going to be a waste of my time to even try to enjoy the show.

Nearly ALL television is a waste of time these days, if it isn't an old movie being overplayed it is this crap they call programming today. None of it is even worth watching, except maybe the news."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

I watched the first few episodes of V when they came out last year out of morbid curiosity and nostalgia. Couldn't continue. Honestly the only thing that keeps me watching Event is to see what memes they project from week to week. I've seen better TV on public access.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hehe, I never claimed these are landmark shows...or even excellent. However, in the current vacuum, they're something (at least to me)...so would hate to see them go, and it really looks like they are heading that way...sigh.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

NO!!!

It took me a while to get into these shows but I do like them. Heck it's the only Sci Fi I get since SyFy sold out to reality shows and WRESTLING! :@

They always do this...they will get cancelled and replaced with some stupid reality show or dating show or more celebs doing dumb stuff to stay relevant lol

I hope they dont get cancelled....I would like to think SyFy would pick up one but I dont see them doing that, they want to get away from the Sci-Fi nerd crowd...grrr.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've got several episodes of The Event on the recorder and I've been avoiding watching them as I don't want to get further invested, only to have the rug pulled out from under me, like they did with that show about the aliens in Florid and Flash Forward.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Stephen, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Bono? Wasn't Stephen the King of Ireland?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Bono? Nope. When I was a teenager I spent a summer in Japan and got a lot of Paul McCartney-san which was a mystery to me until my son, at age four, asked why I was hanging on a sign (there was a billboard advertising McCartney's concerts here). I still don't get it but now know that it's not just an asian woman thing

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Guess we'll see...if you're in for the same let down.

SPOILER BELOW......so fair warning....

It was good to see the pres actually balls up and do something about them. Of course, I would have just delivered bombed busses, but eh...to each their own. My way, one wouldn't have got away. Of course, we'll have to ignore that the Apache can track and fire on multiple targets as it is....

My favorite is still when they say the gamma radiation from their sun going supernova will reach their solar system in days... Uhmm...the sun is IN the solar system...kind of the definition of it... Guess they aren't so advanced after all....

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Honestly I watched V for like an episode and I thought it was a piece of junk, just saying

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My favorite is still when they say the gamma radiation from their sun going supernova will reach their solar system in days... Uhmm...the sun is IN the solar system...kind of the definition of it... Guess they aren't so advanced after all....

Snort, laugh, guffaw. Good catch, I totally missed that. Duh!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Yeah, as a total geek and nerd that bothered me for the rest of the episode, hehe...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No comments on Monday's episode? Like we've speculated previously, the old billionaire just may be a good guy after all. (or at least on our side)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No comments on Monday's episode? Like we've speculated previously, the old billionaire just may be a good guy after all. (or at least on our side)

I certainly got the idea that he believes he is. But isn't that the way of things, the end justifying the means? And if he was a good guy, he wouldn't be planning on kidnapping children from playgrounds. I wonder if it's going to come out that he is a reptilian, what with his shape-shifting and all. That would be a good meme to propagate-the reptilians are the good guys...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well, to be fair, it seems the kids he's been kidnapping may be the hybrids.

So, this would fit with his claim. Not saying I agree with his methods, but then again, I was also rooting for the Pres to simply blow them up while in the church.

Sophia's speech is a crock. All we ever did was detain them. THEY are the ones who unleashed a plague terrorist attack, AND fired first at the church, AND destroyed a monument way before we blew up those busses. Who is really the more benevolent species? Seeing as how it took ALL of that to push us to retaliate, it's a pretty easy call.

I can see why the old guy resorts to the methods he does....he's up against a ruthless foe, so has to be just as ruthless. Obviously, something not fully human about him though...or maybe he is, and he uses the extract from the hybrids to prolong his life to do the work. I'm betting they tie this in to a secret society thing, and that the aliens have actually come here years ago, scouting out suitable planets.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I suppose you could be right. I haven't been real happy with the way the "sleepers" have been conducting themselves lately either, though I was proud of Thomas for making the sacrifice he did and of Simon for standing up for what he believes in. OMG, do either of us have real lives?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I do have a real life...but lately, it's been one I've been trying to escape from a bit... Too many bad things happening all together...so watching some recorded TV shows is a good escape at night after a long day at work.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Me too. It's just funny to me how much people get invested in fictional shows, myself included.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yep, but I'm not THAT into TV shows... OK....There is at least one pic of me in a Star Trek uniform, but it was a rental, for a party...I don't own one.

Though, my wife and I can be into the whole Cosplay thing now and then (if you know what it is, you're just as geeky, so there!)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I have a handful of TV shows that I watch. By and large the majority are sci-fi shows (Fringe and The Event currently but all of my long term favorite shows are of that genre). I do know what cosplay is though I have never participated. I think that because the genre itself is fantasy (as opposed to a CSI or House, etc which are more present day reality based) it lends itself to a certain degree of escapism and is reflected in a person's investment in an given show. In other words people that are into sci-fi are generally really into sci-fi--it's more all in or all out than other genres.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join