It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Event, V, Cancelled? Fate still uncertain....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So far, these are the two shows I'm waiting to hear fates on, but the prognosis is bleak for both... At least Fringe is renewed (yay!). I'm glad the Friday time slot wasn't the kiss of death, though I'm betting it was close....

Maybe Sy-Fy will pick one or both up if they go?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Were they much to close to being "disclosure"? Neither really captured my interest, but I had hopes for future growth.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Television is for idiots.How are you a moderator on a conspiracy website when you're obviously a sheep? Don't you know television is used to control the weak minded sheep..how have you not learned this? Turn off the television.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
reply to post by Gazrok

Television is for idiots.How are you a moderator on a conspiracy website when you're obviously a sheep? Don't you know television is used to control the weak minded sheep..how have you not learned this? Turn off the television.

Again, who invited Buzz Killington to the party?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Who ever direct and produced those crap shows is an idiot, especially the event, they have the easiest plot to develop and they screw it up with jumping back and forth all over the place. So annoying that show should have ended after its first episode

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ya im on edge too waiting to see what happens with those shows.... And i just heard Fringe was renewed too so im definitely stoked for that....but are they keeping them in the same Friday night time slot?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
reply to post by Gazrok

Again, who invited Buzz Killington to the party?

hahahaha

I was actually interested in 'The event' and all other series that involve a shadow government type of
force, such as 'the company' in prison break, and attempts by former employees to uncover conspiracies.

hope they decide to continue V and the event.

Not everyone watches series on TV... so at least we're spared the awful commercials
edit on 29/3/2011 by stygmartyrZA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was disappointed with the recreated "V" series. It was almost like watching a bad soap opera. & to make it worse, it reeks of all the crap they put in every TV series today, terrible plot, terrible lines, horrendous actors & too much CGI.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

V and The Event were apparently both funded by some apparatus of the DoD....just sayin

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I watched the 1st season of V with high expectations but was after the 1st season ended I really didn't care. It didn't captivate me in any way so to be honest I could care less if it comes back. Never really watched The Event. I think I got 2-3 episodes but that was it.
I just finished watching the entire series of Battlestar Gallactica. Now that was #ing awesome. Are there shows similar to this one?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I must have a special curse on TV series.

I do not watch much in the way of TV but I quite enjoyed Flash Forward (until that was cancelled) and now it looks like The Event could be down the pan as well.

Oh joy. there really nothing to watch on TV now.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The Event sucked, V sorta does, Fringe is the best of those three, but the one show that I really hope comes back is Mad Men. I heard on the news it might get cancelled and that would be a real loss.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by momoney

I just read that AMC renewed Mad Men for a 5th season but it said something about not having an agreement in place with the producer? Does that ring a bell.
edit on 29-3-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The Event is currently showing mondays at 9pm on NBC

Last nights episode was very good.

AG
edit on 29-3-2011 by Alpha Grey because: removed spoiler

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
thanks for the spoiler Alpha Grey.
Now I do not need to watch next weeks episode. lol

Here in the UK we are one week behind you.

Technically It is still season 1 as there are 22 episodes and I believe 'The Event is on episode 13.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

It only did that (jumping back and forth) in the first couple of episodes... Really haven't done that recently except where it made sense.

reply to post by Nebulous1973

Amazing you can make such a snap judgement without knowing anything about me. I'm an MBA, what's your level of college? How many books a week do you read? Can you name even one classical music piece? What are some of your favorite museums? Liking a few TV shows in no way makes me uncultured...or a snob.

If TV is so beneath you, why even visit this particular part of the forum?

edit on 29-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Nope I guess it's been cancelled for 2011 as they continue to negotiate.

tv.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
thanks for the spoiler Alpha Grey.
Now I do not need to watch next weeks episode. lol

Here in the UK we are one week behind you.

Technically It is still season 1 as there are 22 episodes and I believe 'The Event is on episode 13.

very very sorry !!....my bad !

I thought we were on Season 2....another goof on my part......I will shut up now

AG

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Wow, that's surprising. Mad Men has critical acclaim, and a pretty decent following.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I never have seen the Event. After NBC canceled Heroes, I forswore watching anything NBC ever puts on the air again.

Too bad about V if ABC does cancel it; it's just getting really good. I am still po'd at ABC as well for canceling Fast Forward, so this may seal it too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join