It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Tax Breaks for Profitable Corporations in Huffington Post

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
really now end the taxes breaks for corporations

you mean like ge general electric?
you mean like the huffington post et al
you mean like rich like george soros
you mean like the rich congressman such as barney frank and company, and the john kerrys and the al gores

or are you people just referring to anyone whose rich and leans right?
edit on 9-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

BINGO!

You Flatfish hit the nail on the head and if I were a mod, I'de give you 500 stars or better yet, I'de even give you 500 of mine.

one of the reasons is because we, (U.S.A.) are providing them with their national security apparatus via all those U.S. bases scattered throughout the world, at the expense of the american taxpayer.

America has been policing the world but under the guise of "freedom and liberty"

BS

We're in the Middle East for the oil, artifacts and a possible stargate in the Bay of Adem.

But that's a whole nother thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

For starters, start researching the medical and retirement benefits our Senators and House Reps get.

Who is working for who?

Most also are deeply in bed with all of our large corporations.

When you have a government that is owned by corporations it is at the common man's expense.

Read David Sirota's "Hostile Takeover"....................the enemy isn't over there so much as right here in Washington.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

There is only one way to change the current model whereby corporations avoid taxes and that is by taking the current tax code and tossing it away with something that is simple, straight forward and has no loop holes.

Yep, totally agree with your statement.

Next we need to sit down and cut the pie a little more evenly.

How about we start with all the American People having the exact same medical and retirement package deals our Senate and House have?

Who is working for who?

Just did my taxes and I paid a brown word load of money into a government that I feel has not been representing my best interest.

Another thing to consider as this is a conspiracy site: How about the trillions we are secretly funding into the "black ops" that we're not suppose to know exist?

The average man is being screwed royally.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

i am so sick of the anti corporate bs on this website.

congress writes the laws
lobbies and special interests lobbies both for and agianst

if people just want to hate someone HATE THE DAMN CONGRESS the responsibilty lies with them

and seriously unions are more powerful than any corporation save 1 the federal reserve and we all know who created them.

it doesnt take research to know what congress benefits are better than mine and i and everyone pays for it

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Start researching how much money has been spent on the War In Iraq............all based on 9/11 which was a false flag operation.

Now, go one step further and research which companies have profitted from the Middle Eastern invasions we are currently undertaking and that is calling a spade a spade, invasion.

Smoke and mirrors.

We've now got 280 bases world wide we, the American Tax payer is paying for.

As far as corporations, they are already outsourcing on foreign soil, giving them tax breaks, come on.

I say tax the (brown word) out of them, let them leave.

Once they leave they should be classified as foreign companies and if they want some basis in America, which many do tax them BIG TIME just for the privledge of being called an American company.

BTW: Read my location.........................I did not chose this location lightly.

We are now a Corporate Dictatorship and it is spreading like a cancer on a global scale.

If it's not stopped and soon (there are more of us common folk than elite) we are going to all (most of us) be living in tin shanties.

The middle class in America is already being dismantled, it's time to take back our country and hang the traitors.

Read David Sirota's "Hostile Takeover".

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

lobbies and special interests lobbies both for and agianst

He who has the most money writes the laws.

Below is just one "Tech Dinner"

Company Lobbying (2010) Obama campaign contribution (2008)
Apple $1,610,000.00 $92,141.00
Google $5,160,000.00 $803,436.00
Facebook $351,390.00 $34,850.00
Yahoo $2,230,000.00 $164,051.00
Cisco Systems $2,010,000.00 $187,472.00
Twitter $0.00 $750.00
Oracle $4,850,000.00 $243,194.00
Netflix $130,000.00 $19,485.00
Stanford $370,000.00 $448,720.00
Genentech $4,922,368.00 $97,761.00
Westly Group $0.00 $0.00

Source: latimesblogs.latimes.com...

There's a K Street in every state capitol. Lobbyists in the halls of your statehouse can access and influence those who make the laws that affect your life. But they aren't working for you; they're working for corporations, unions and special interests who have their own agenda to pursue

Want to know who is running America go here: www.followthemoney.org...

Google how much BP contributed to Obama's campaign and I haven't even touched upon our House and Senate.

Follow the money.

Until the corporations are stopped from buying our government's interests America will continue to be run by the corporations and not the people.

We are not a free country, that is an illusion. We are a Corporate Dictatorship.
edit on 9-4-2011 by ofhumandescent because: quote marks

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

your still rambling on about corporations and special interests and yet you make no mention of unions.....

i have wasted enough time in this thread i am moving on

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who do you think own the President, Senate and House?

Simply start surfing the net and researching how much each corporation has "contributed" to all fractions of our government.

Again, "He who has the most money writes the laws"

I really don't want to debate with you on this until you have read, "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" by Greg Palast and "The Secret History of the American Empire" by John Perkins.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
When you allow corporations to run the governments you end up with human rights violations.

Yes. The Constitution deals with govt and citizens. Corporations have their own rules for managing its business and employees. Our lives are effected enough by corps already. Have more corporate control/influence in govt ? No thanks.
continuing on.......Yay, Bernie!.....

re flat tax, the problem of defining income (profit) for a business could again lead to many rules and regulations for expenses. Corporate lobbyists would lobby for ways to reduce profits as much as possible. Tax credits/offsets might go, but would they just be placed in pre-tax expenses in order to still zero out income?

No, Democrats/liberals are not out to destroy corporations nor do they hate corporations. That kind of talk is over 40 years old. There are many corporations run by Dems and libs. What is fought against are over reaches and abuses by corporations. Public Citizen has been around since 1971.

Corporate influence grew when citizens took their eye off the ball three decades ago, distracted and divided over cultural issues. Ralph Nader continued to sound warnings, which were ignored. Perhaps a look at Public Citizen might give us actionable intelligence. There is a war going on, and citizens are losing.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Tax leakage out of the United States become in vogue after 1980. Besides the "greed is good" philosophy, the idea had spread among the populace that avoiding taxes is what every taxpayers should do. Trouble was, that sentiment worked more for corporations and wealthy individuals rather than average citizens, as corps began to take advantage of off shore tax havens, whereas the average American taxpayer couldn't.

The growth of computers made electronic transactions for tax havens sky rocket. Again, though, it would be corps and those individuals increasingly holding taxable wealth that could take the most advantage. The average American would become increasingly vocal about taxation, but all that talk was more like cheerleading for the opposing team.

Then we arrive at the ludicrous position today where those encouraged/allowed to voice opposition to taxation are in the "Tea Party", named after an event that did not advocate for such things. Proof some people can be fooled again.

As long as public outrage over taxation can be managed by those benefiting from tax loopholes and havens, then the voice for stopping the leakage or outright giveaways must be louder and more furious. This organization is NOT astroturf.

There was a reason to steer the current budget talk away from revenue. There was a reason to frame, to narrow, the purpose of religion and morality to talk about abortion, 10 Commandments, satan, creationism, rapture, and end times. All this talk took the focus off corporate abuse and over reach, and any discussion of importance, like how our economic system should grow and benefit All the Citizens, not just wealthy. It is NOT about destroying our economic system (the system has already been put on life support by those who supposedly supported it), but rather making the system benefit all participants.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why are they poor, they call me a Communist." Dom Helder

Speak out about system abuse, and you'll probably have James O'Keefe etal abuse you.

Bernie Sanders etal give us a voice. Another way of thinking. We need change, but we need to be a part of a non-political group to put pressure on those who pay lip service or stand in our way.
www.greenamerica.org... was already mentioned by OP but worthy of a second. Groups like this can help.
edit on 10-4-2011 by desert because: forgot to add last link

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Corporate influence grew when citizens took their eye off the ball three decades ago, distracted and divided over cultural issues. Ralph Nader continued to sound warnings, which were ignored. Perhaps a look at Public Citizen might give us actionable intelligence. There is a war going on, and citizens are losing. - desert

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

There will be a time when the Humans will awake and the great path of ascension will begin i believe we can overcome these tyrants humanity must unite together to overthrow them. We must be strong.

The biggest obstacle is through educating the people that are unaware of what is happening in-front of them slowly but surely the elite are ushering in the New world order Aka All the wealth in the hands of few elites and the rest of the people are the proles.

Welcome to 1984 soon folks we are going to have to walk the path together of ascension and TRANSCEND we must defeat the evil that has emerged. HUMANITY WILL BE SHACKLED TO SLAVERY FOR ETERNITY IF WE DON'T STOP THIS MADNESS.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Excellent post!

"United we stand, divide we fall".

"There is power in numbers"

"Love is the answer, everything else is an illusion"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join