It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Should I Move? I No Longer Feel Safe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I live on the coast of Hawaii and no longer feel safe on these islands. The Japan tsunami hit our house, forcing me to move out while our drywall is being rebuilt (from flooding). I need somewhere else to move, away from these islands, for many more reasons than just this one incident. My wife and I simply feel too vulnerable to a number of things. So where should we go?

We would love to leave the country but, based on my research, it's hard to get legal work. I can't stand America and hate the thought of moving back to the Mainland, but again, I simply don't feel safe here. We're looking for a place where we can store food and water, be able to stay warm, be able to legally work, and have the internet. We have some money (less than 100k). Not too concerned about buying a place, but want a place with an easygoing and simple lifestyle where we can just live. Thanks in advance for the help.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

Well I would say move to Oz - but I don't really know how you would go with immigration
Nice here and we actually don't have too much happen - just avoid the top end of the country unless you like cyclones

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Scotland pal! Free medical, no floods, just bad weather most of the time

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Serria Nevada region is my default safe zone.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Middle Canada. Far from the coast. Easy to assimilate with language, culture etc. Lots of cheap land and room to roam. Easy to disappear if necessary.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Come to Brazil with me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well, i live in West Virginia. There is tons of mountains so no storms or tsunamis can harm people here. We rarely ever have earthquakes that can cause actual damage. I think the last one we had messed up some office work but no damage. See, the mountains break up the storms and if a tsunami can reach us it won't do anything! It's pretty safe here so yeah... I hope i helped

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Plan this carefully. Be circumspect about your decision. Wouldn't it be better to be prepared for what you fear, than to move to other places which might have their own share of potential dangers?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Pittsburgh!
Friendliest city in teh US, nice drivers too, great medical care.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is FREE!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Middle of Canada seems like a safe place for the next few years!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well..I was going to say the mainland..but since that is not an option for you.. I wish you and your wife the very best of luck where ever you finally make a decision on your new home place. I live in the piedmont of N.C. and it is nice here where I live. Not much if anything ever happens here. A neighbor may get out of sorts with you sometimes. But we rarely have any snow in winter and when we do everybody young and old act like kids and it will melt in 2 days. The average temperature in winter is 40 degrees but the summers are hot. We don't have tornadoes here or not yet. We haven't had a bad hurricane come inland since Floyd. It doesn't rain all the time either. Maybe 2 days out of the week average for the year. We are not too close to the New Madrid fault on the western edge of Tennessee and the four surrounding states there. So in all a safe place to live.
Good luck....I wish you well...
edit on 28-3-2011 by ellieN because: added a word

edit on 28-3-2011 by ellieN because: added again.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Ever think to pray to the Lord Jesus Christ? It is still not to late and if u do so, He gotta beautiful place to live for ya... very soon... most Christians (not by religion but by faith) know it will be time that He is gonna get us from here to a safe place: heaven! You only have to ask, with your own words, doesn't matter who you are, what ever ye did... don't need a telephone, don't need a computer of internet... just speak to Him, ask if He want to live in your heart.... and He will do the rest!!

new topics

top topics

join