It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Differences in Etiquette of Men and Women

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow - you're THAT bad at it eh?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well I wasn't trying to change the topic at hand I guess I just felt you were saying that a man would only do it in a threatening way where as a woman wouldn't etc. I was just throwing a different scenario into the mix, but whatever it's just a debate. I mean obviously if I did see a woman naked in her window I'm not gonna go banging on the door or breaking it down. That is not where I was taking this in anyway shape or form. I am just saying there obvious differences in the way men and women perceive sexuality.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Strippers don't play games?

you poor naive sob.
edit on 2011/3/28 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Not really. Women merely have more concern for safety. This translates in their protectiveness of their own sexuality. It isn't that hard to grasp.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

No games, every stripper I've ever met (provided I had money) seemed to like me a great deal. Perhaps you're just jealous of my animal magnetism.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Aeon, you are aware though that although in woman may do something that they consider to be suggestive and fun. A man takes it as something very different, and more often than not a signal to make a move.

This is the fundamental difference between males and females. Don't forget we are just animals. No way do I suggest that sexual predatory is right. Far from it. However I also fin is disturbing that some women believe it is OK to titillate quite deliberately, and cry sexual harassment in the name of free expression when a man (maybe not attractive enough) fancies his chances and makes a move). Especially one so blatant as standing naked in a window.

That is called voyeurism.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Most women don't call the police. They roll their eyes and walk away and tell their friends about the freakshow that lives down the street.

Absolutely

On the other hand.. Im not real inhibited and nakedness doesnt bother me. Its just a matter of fact that some folks shoulnt be running around naked. Not where I can see em anyway. Before kids, my husband was naked when he wasnt at work. We go camping and I cant find him when I wake up.. he is naked fishing. Sat morning and I smell bacon.. yep.. he is in there cooking bacon naked ( which he only did ONCE btw). I think its all what youre used to really.. whats not a taboo you dont really seek out or care about, unless its hideous and needs clothes to spare our tender psyches. In my opinion women are much better looking naked even to a straight woman. Men kinda look like a rubber joke chicken flopping around.. and some things just shouldn't be done in the nude guys. Dancing is one of those things... regardless of how good you think you dance with clothes on.

We raised our kids in other countries as well as the US.. and I can tell you that the US is much more puritanical in a hypocritical way than many other countries. Mainly in Europe.. but the US is pretty darned free wheeling compared to some like parts of South America and just about 100% of the Middle East. In our experience the kids and young adults were much less rabidly whorish in countries where nudity isnt taboo and sexuality isnt completely suppressed or looked on as something dirty or sinful.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

you poor naive sob.

Excuse me are you one?

Well I AM and I prefer adult entertainer. We don't play games, it is called work and our job is to play games and if you really understood what he was talking about you would get it. We don't play games. You want to know the truth about something ask a dancer, they will tell you straight up.

I know because I work with many, we hate games and our job is one, one you could never really understand...only some can

He isn't naieve he is smart

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

They don't. They take there clothes off, you give them money!! simple as that!

I guess the game that you are referring to is that they play your desires to get more out of you.

Well if you are fool hardy anough to go into one of these places in the first place.

you better know what you are getting in for.

it's all about ego, and cash!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Can I buy you a drink!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

The invitation to look and the invitation to play are two different things. That this isn't clear or oppresses so many men is the answer to the question the OP asked.

Just because you showed me your nice car, and invited me to look at your nice car doesn't mean you meant that I should feel oppressed by the fact that you didn't immediately hand it over to me because I REALLY liked it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

you poor naive sob.

Excuse me are you one?

Well I AM and I prefer adult entertainer. We don't play games, it is called work and our job is to play games and if you really understood what he was talking about you would get it. We don't play games. You want to know the truth about something ask a dancer, they will tell you straight up.

I know because I work with many, we hate games and our job is one, one you could never really understand...only some can

He isn't naieve he is smart

Totally OT and it will probably get pulled.. but my oldest came home with a work out dvd ( flirtygirlfitness) that was made by strippers and had floor work as well as chair work. Lemme tell ya.. what you do isnt "dancing" thats freaking grueling work! LMAO! We did this DVD every day.. by the third I was faking sick to get out of it.. and Im very physically fit. I kept up with it and still do it when I can.. and besides keeping your body rock hard, I can dance pretty good now.
All I have to say is I never had a problem with what folks choose to do and never had any issue with dancers in the first place.. but after doing this dvd.. I have a new found respect. You are WORKING.. hard.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Knowing that as a woman, do you not then think that discretion should be the better part of valour?

Or is that oppressing a woman's right to titillate at will, without fearing approach?

This is what I think needs to be made clear again. Before we had signals. True signals when a woman was interested. Now the signals are everywhere and we get in trouble when we act instinctively.

Well sorry. Men do respond to signals like this, its the aw of nature. Being told now that we cannot, is what has messed us up. And now you have the new man, the millenium man, the metro sexual.

You know this is all geared towards us trying to be attractive, but soon as we start caring about our looks. Women complain that we aren't as rough and ready as we used to be!! it's madness

Give you a tip

Only show you panties if you mean it. it will be appreciated!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Don't own a nice car and drive it around unless you're willing to let me take it away from you because I like it and feel oppressed by your flaunting it.

Mighty appreciated you understanding that.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

OK I get your meaning. However it is widely understood that driving a nice car is compensation for lacking in other departments.

What we are talking here is real chemistry. If you get turned on by cars then thats your thing. There are many women who make that association between sex and money.

However, can you sit there in your chair and tell me seriously, that a woman, or a man for that matter (as was inferred in the OP) can flaunt there assests and not expect to be "hit on"

If you believe that, it really is naive. Yes you have the right to say no and the right for that to be respected. However don't complain too much when it happens. Or maybe one day we will just get too tired and spend all day watching TV instead of trying to find a mate.

Reason, it's too damn dangerous.

Moreover, there are just as many women that are a predatory as men. I have had experience of some women almost begging me. I am not boasting. I refused because she was drunk, and that would not be right. and she got angry!! well no win but I know I made the right decision. So it does swing both ways.

What you are talking about is sexual aggression. What I am talking about in attraction.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just because you're attracted to me and think there is chemistry doesn't in any way give you a green light to do anything.

If you think there is "chemistry" then opening your mouth up and asking isn't too much to ask.

Because frankly, one man's pair of ratty gym pants is another man's holy-cow-look-at-that-butt. It really doesn't take much to simply put out a verbal "you interested?" and it doesn't actually cut off your balls to be turned down.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I gotta tell ya - there are a lot of men who never got past the three-year-old stage of,

"Hey look at my new tonka truck!"
"Gimme - I like it, its mine."
"WAHHHHHH, he stole my truck."
"He wasn't SHARING, and I wanted it."

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am a guy....you are not.
Would I rather put up with the fake chics who pretend they don't like sex or men are gross??
Hell no!!!
When I leave a stripclub I look at a girl walking down the street with that bitchy looking scowl and I am soooo happy to leave a place after having a great time with some smoking hot women.

Here is a real experience I had.
A girl shows up at my door.
I ask her if she wants to come inside and she says yes.
I ask her if she wants to hit the bedroom and she acts like I farted in church.
My responce....what....don't you like sex.
She realized what an idiot she was being and I got some.
Those games are avoided at the nudie bar because everyone knows what they are there for.
Sorry if you are close minded.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Good for you - you found your level - the one that requires no thought and meets all your expecations about expenses vs. pleasure.

The whole billion dollar industry - run off the money of guys who can't figure out why any woman who ever want to be with them except for money because they know they aren't a catch.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Om so you are going back an modifying your posts.

On the car issue. Are you really going to suggest that a woman body is now the same as a piece of commercial merchandise? i.e. like a car. and inanimate object!

Something to be admire and utilised? driven at will?

I like to think that there is a degree of understanding between the sexes. but if you wnat to bring it down to that level of metaphor. I am sorry, but I fin that apprach quite sad.

Nothing against you. If that woman in your avatar is you, (which I know it is not) but lets pretend. We're in a library, or church, or the pitch and put (just so I don't have to say bar). I see you, you see me, and you give me a wink and a smile. To me, that is an invitation to engage. Not rip your clothes off. (yet heheh) BUT that is what I and most men would be thinking.

Social convention only stops us from banging you on the head with a club and dragging you back to the cave.

But if I were to approach you, would I be oppressing you. I know nothing about you. So I only have looks to go on. I don't know if i like you, But I will know if I like the look of you.

Given that fact, a woman in a social setting looking nice and dressed sexily, again will invite approaches, because we fell that maybe you are someone that we might want to mate with. the getting ot know you part is again social convention.

You see it as a voyeuristic position. You like to be looked at. That much is clear. But you don't want to be approached. it's reverse marketing to me. If you don't want customers, then don't advertise.

I am sorry, but this really is just human nature..

BTW, I am enjoying our conversation here, so don;t take anything too personally OK
BTW2, If that really is you in your avatar. (which it probably isn't) then you are smoking hot. you see what I mean!!

edit on 28/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join