It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not letting up! Will Obama respond??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Trump certainly is not running scared from anybody. How long will Obama last under the pressure? The pressure will only increase with every opportunity that Trump takes to send out a jab.

Mega-millionaire Donald Trump today said during an interview with FoxNewsInsider that Barack Obama is having trouble with, and spending millions to fight, the ongoing questions about his birth, his birth certificate and his eligibility to hold office – and the longer the issue goes on, the more he is convinced there are problems with the president's eligibility.

His newest comments on an issue he first raised in an ABC interview more than a week ago came today on the Fox News Channel.

"The fact is if you're not born in the United States, you cannot be president. He is having a hard time. He spent millions of dollars trying to get away from this issue. Millions of dollars in legal fees trying to get away from this issue. I brought it up just routinely. All of a sudden a lot of facts are emerging and I'm starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country," Trump said

"This guy either has a birth certificate or he doesn't," he said today. "I didn't think it was such a big deal, but I will tell you it's turning out to be a very big deal. Because people now are calling me from all over saying please don't give up on this issue.

"If you were not born in this country, you cannot be president," he said.

www.wnd.com...

It's getting interesting? Who's calling who out?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Why would Obama even address Trump?

Obama doesn't have to answer anybody or respond to anything until the first official debate that kicks off the 2012 election mania.

That's the benefit of already being the President of the United States.

Edit to add:

If Trump runs on a birther's platform, you can take his name off the ballot NOW.
edit on 28-3-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I get it, i get it. But I have to wonder exactly why anyone cares about Trump or thinks he is an authority worthy of following.

The guy has made his money through many very shady business deals. He is nothing but another celebrity jumping in to get some attention.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ofcoarse obama will not respond, if he ignores it until he is out of office nothing will ever be done about it.
We all know he is from kenya.... why dosnt he just admit it and be done with it. Even if he does, nothing will be done about it and we all know it.

all you can hope is that the next prez will not be a lying scumbag.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why would you think Donald is looking for attention? He is already fairly wealthy and is on TV once a week.

I am glad he is following up on it, whether it furthers his political ambitions or not.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Whether Trump ends up in the race or not has yet to be determined. The man is not stupid and he is making these public declarations for a reason. But how long can Obama ignore the growing number of citizens and pundits who want him to put this issue to rest? Obama is already in campaign mode, long before any "official" debates take place. I think he needs to answer to those who employ him. The man is not the King of the United States nor is he above scrutiny.

Personally, I don't doubt his citizenship, I doubt the contrived tale of his "official" history.

What will happen when Obama has to produce his long form BC to be verified by the states?

Better put up sooner than later....Trump is not going away anytime soon. Maybe he has been chosen to take one for the team early in the process.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Trump may be fixen himself. It seems he is ranked in society high financially but has no clue of the rullers abroad who pay him to fire people and to uphold the rich persona so the poor feel weak...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why would you think Donald is looking for attention? He is already fairly wealthy and is on TV once a week.

I am glad he is following up on it, whether it furthers his political ambitions or not.

For the exact reasons you just said. More attention means better ratings, means more money, which is the ONLY thing this man has ever been about.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tokzik
ofcoarse obama will not respond, if he ignores it until he is out of office nothing will ever be done about it.
We all know he is from kenya.... why dosnt he just admit it and be done with it. Even if he does, nothing will be done about it and we all know it.

all you can hope is that the next prez will not be a lying scumbag.

We all KNOW this? Really?

Lets see, the last 6 (at least) residents have been lying scumbags....why do you think you are going to get anything different?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"If you were not born in this country, you cannot be president," he said.

And if you're that clueless, you shouldn't be eligible, either. It never says you have to be born in this country. It says you have to be a "natural born citizen". Somebody ask the great legal scholar Donnie T what that means. If he isn't too busy trying to keep Gary Busey from stealing LaToya's lunch out of the breakroom fridge on the Apprentice set.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, this keeps getting him on tv and in the media.

His camp knows that they need to use a "hot button" issue that will keep him relevant and worth discussing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
He's the president; I mean, how easy could it be to forge a fake document IF ever he wasn't legitimately born in the States?

Also, who cares; I'm so sick of hearing about this BS... we have way more important issues to address. Why doesn't Trump discuss the real problems going on in the world? Oh yeah, because he's not actually a politician and he has no real opinion or solution to offer in regards to these problems.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I think this is fantastic, especially for the humor. Trump has nothing to lose. He won't be president. He won't even run seriously for president. He knows he'll lose and is too smart to throw that much money away. He is so rich that he will have difficulty raising money, so he would need to spend his personal wealth and he won't do it. Its possible that he throws his hat in the ring, and on a shoestring goes into Iowa and New Hampshire, but then pulls out. He has a new TV show in the works and this is nothing but free advertising.

He also won't back down. It is after all a pretty simple question and a reasonable request and having someone with a ton of cash and nothing to lose repeatedly ask the question hurts Obama. It just becomes glaringly foolish for him not to put it to bed. It might be one thing for some person at a tea party to ask the question or some talk radio person. Trump is different. He can get large audiences, speaks plainly and if he wants to push the issue, Obama will have to respond. If he does not, then the doubts will increase and it will increasingly look like he has something to hide.

One of the interesting elements of this is that at the time of his birth Hawaii was not a state and the records infrastructure not in place in a modern sense. Now there should be people who were there who could testify that they were witnesses to his birth. He's young enough that a nurse, doctor or administrator should be out there to find. The Governor of Hawaii, Abercrombie a few months ago indicated that he was there when he was born as he was friends of Obama's mother. When asked if he would come out legally and attest to it, he backed down. It was not extensively reported on, but he backed down. The interesting thing is what happens if someone was born here but can't prove it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What I want to know is if we can see them in tights jumping on one another off the top ropes and then hitting one another with folding metal chairs.

The very fact that Trump is being taken seriously by the press as a candidate shows what a mockery the presidency has become.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
One of the interesting elements of this is that at the time of his birth Hawaii was not a state and the records infrastructure not in place in a modern sense.

Hawaii made a state - August 21, 1959
Obama born - August 4, 1961

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yeah let sleeping dogs lie.The fact of the matter though is that if he isnt an american citizen he has no right being in the position he is in. I chalk it up to all the other things that have been ripped out from under us that our founding fathers based our country on. Screw this place now! Hate to say it, but its the truth and you all know it.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Obamas' response;
"Nyah nyah nyah I can't hear you I can't hear you lalalalalalalalala, I have my fingers in my ears!"

Seriously?

Just produce the damned birth certificate (not the short form)* and shut all of us "birthers" up!!!

*My wife tried to get a new drivers license with her short form birth certificate, and THEY said that it was not a legal document. So folks, just saving you all that cut n paste time.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
The fact of the matter though is that if he isnt an american citizen he has no right being in the position he is in.

I don't recall anyone, anywhere ever seriously questioning his American citizenship.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good lord,... just show them the damned certificate already! Couldn't he have his staff forge one by now? I think that if he had one, he would have shown it long ago to make the opposition look stupid. Maybe he's saving it for these elections, herding the Republican candidates who plan on making this an election issue, right toward the cliff.

I haven't made my mind up on what side to believe, but the longer it takes to produce this certificate, the more it makes me wonder. If Obama gets re-elected, does he have to resubmit his birth certificate to prove his eligibility? I know it sounds ridiculous, especially since he's been in office for the past four years, but if you've ever tried to apply for a job in the same place twice, even if you've worked there before they ask you to resubmit all your documents, and it's hell trying to hunt all that stuff down again. If that's what it takes to get a job working on Government projects, then is the President held to the same standards?

As for Donald Trump,.... No, the President doesn't have to answer to him just because he's a mega-millionaire and a celebrity, but the fact that Trump gets so much face time and could be considered a smart, respected business man by some, I guess it just makes the question more powerful. Would you pay attention to Joe Shmoe the janitor, or to Donald Trump, the celebrity millionaire? His popularity and exposure makes the subject a little more powerful, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Seriously if this is the best that 'The Donald' can come up with he really needs to stay out of politics, focus on getting richer and stick with entertainment.

He could ruin himself with this foolishness.

There are far more important issues than the "birther" movement.

Besides, Obama and his handlers are not stupid... They have all of the proof required but keep it concealed at great expense for one reason.. And that will be painfully evident when the time comes.

Simple strategy, let your opposition gain as much ground as possible with this issue... Then destroy them with the undeniable proof.

Good luck Mr. Trump.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join