It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions $pent on Bombing Lybia.. But no Relief for Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The US Government takes our money everytime we spend a dime, they get 4 cents. We have no control what so ever on how they spend it. We are just the slaves. [the best way to keep a slave is not to let them know they are slaves] Our government is spending Millions if not Billions to invade and kill thousands in Lybia, but can't send any Aid to Japan because the Weather is too bad. If Americans protest over anything, we will be shot, hauled off to jail. We will never know how many civilian, women and childern have been killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and now Lybia. Americans would like some of the Freedom our childern and childern in the world are dying for. My ancestor, Thomas Payne, that wrote the words "all men are created equal, and entitled to the pursuit of happiness"; was alive today, he would be ashamed of what this country has become. We the people of this country never said we wanted to be the World Police Force for the Rich.
The Cartoon in the New York Times during the invasion of Iraq, was a little boy sitting infront of the TV, he asked his Dad what was going on. His Dad said "Son, they are liberating Iraq". The Son said " Dad, I sure hope they don't come to liberate us."

The report recently published on the Coalition's website said that in the first 24 hours of the war on Libya, dozens of bombs and cruise missiles were launched by US, British, and French forces -- all with depleted uranium warheads.

Link... www.presstv.ir...

This is from an email I recieved from President Obama.

Sending our brave men and women in uniform into harm's way is not a decision I make lightly. But when someone like Qaddafi threatens a bloodbath that could destabilize an entire region, it is in our national interest to act. In fact, it’s our responsibility.

It is Not our responsibility, maybe the UN, but not Americans. And to top it off, Our Government askes the UN for Amnesty against the "Mercernaries" not protesters but mercernaries.

Several water pumps were being sent from U.S. bases around Japan to help at Fukushima's Dai-ichi power plant, where technicians were dousing the overheating nuclear reactors with seawater in a frantic effort to cool them. The U.S. had already sent two fire trucks to the area to be operated by Japanese firefighters, said Cmdr. Leslie Hull-Ryde, a Pentagon spokeswoman

Pumps, Geeee,

The disaster at the nuclear plant on Japan's eastern coast has complicated relief efforts. The Ronald Reagan had to move Sunday out of the downwind path of the reactors after low levels of radiation were detected on the aircraft carrier and among 17 helicopter crewmembers returning to the deck after a mission.

www.usatoday.com...

My little granddaughter is now a Paratrooper in the Army, my Grandson, a Marine guarding Nuclear Weapons worldwide. The thought of loosing either one, I can't imagine, but I would rather they die saving people in Japan than killing people, anywhere else. "There is no Honor in taking a life, only Honor in saving a life." quote by me another Payne.

Both of these videos have the exact same, youtube address. If they both trun out to be one of the 2 videos twice, that should tell you something.
The Youtube for both are "hrJndevor8" How can 2 Youtube videos have the same address code.

Japan diaster "Worest since WW2"

Our Government does not like to hear that this is the worest disaster since WWII, Because we caused that for sure. It is hard to find pictures of it today. But in college there was a book that showed a little baby sitting in a world of distruction, but instead of just picking the child up they took a picture.
Americans need to face the fact that we are responsible, we are respondsible for all of the civilians that have died, we are so into football, baseball, movie stars, soap operas, Jerry Springer, Doctor Phil, and don't really give a Damn as long as it is not us or our family. So, we shouldn't expect anyone to give a damn when it is our problem. TPTB hope our attitued stays this way, because no country will come to our aid.

edit on 3/27/2011 by coolottie because: videos had the same N# address, how is that even possible

edit on 3/27/2011 by coolottie because: one youtube address for 2 different videos ?????

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The cost has already surpassed the billion dollar
mark. We just can't keep our noses out of anything.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
America really needs to get its priorities straight.
I was talking about this to a friend the other day, and she was like yeah but they kind of needed to go there.
Why? Why do they need to go? I find it a very selfish act going to libya when there is already civil unrest because it will be easier for America to gain control of the country. Gaining control of Libya would make their pursuits of the other middle eastern countries easier in my opinion.

I really dont understand how the majority of people can believe bombing an area having problems can really solve anything. Thats like smashing your computer when its not working properly, you end up without a computer.

And yes, out of all things they have to spend their money on, its warfare.
The poor japanese are having it so bad atm, but we decide to 'help' a country with political problems. Not saying what happening in Libya isnt bad, but im sure that whats happening in japan is alot worse.

The same thing happened in Haiti, millions was raised in a relief effort? Where did it go?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I tried to post a video about Japan, but both videos had the same address on youtube??? Big Bad Big Brother?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Very good points raised by the OP, as well as by littlecloud. We seem to have all the money in the world for the purposes of destruction, and yet we can not help those truly in desperate need. It gives me a sick feeling, and has for a long time. At least there are people who recognize it, though we may be powerless to change it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

The problem is were are not powerless, we have just been convinced we have not control. It is illegal for you to use your social security number as a form of ID, also illegal for an empolyer to ask for it as a form of ID. It is illegal for an employer to take taxes out of your pay, because it is your responsibility to pay your taxes not your employer. Our government has conviced us that we have no control, when we have all of the control. It is our money that runs the United States Govenment they wouldn't be cra pp if we didn't pay for it. Oh, on the News in Arkansas right now says now you have a right to carry a gun to church. Even Christians have no faith anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by VariableConstant

The problem is were are not powerless, we have just been convinced we have not control. It is illegal for you to use your social security number as a form of ID, also illegal for an empolyer to ask for it as a form of ID. It is illegal for an employer to take taxes out of your pay, because it is your responsibility to pay your taxes not your employer. Our government has conviced us that we have no control, when we have all of the control. It is our money that runs the United States Govenment they wouldn't be cra pp if we didn't pay for it. Oh, on the News in Arkansas right now says now you have a right to carry a gun to church. Even Christians have no faith anymore.

Though you may indeed be correct, I would have to respectfully disagree.

As you stated in your opening post:

"If Americans protest over anything, we will be shot, hauled off to jail."

That is the truth of it. I started quite a bit of trouble with my employer last year over the exact things you talk about. It did not end well. Though I may have been right, there is no fighting the juggernaut. On an individual basis, we are powerless against the weight of our government. If everyone was on the same page and spoke with one voice, it may be different, but I think we all know that will not happen. Divide and conquer is a very effective strategy, and it is used to our detriment by those who seek to maintain the current system. This is reality, though as I said before, it gives me a sick feeling to be aware of it. There is no easy way to convince the masses:

"Americans need to face the fact that we are responsible, we are responsible for all of the civilians that have died, we are so into football, baseball, movie stars, soap operas, Jerry Springer, Doctor Phil, and don't really give a Damn as long as it is not us or our family."

You said it right there.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is a good point i think many didnt think of! our givernemnt wants t mess with libya, go n play with thier toys in the sand, maybe commit some more rpaes, murders and trophy pictures, god knows what our governemnts and CIA's rea interest is thier..instead of stopping global radiaiton spread?its as if thier giving us here, in the US, yuor on yuor own, with the middle finger extended to us.
yuode think, helping out in japan, regardless to help contain and do something about the reactors would be something nice, something old school american would have done..apparently not. thanks for letting the world down US governement. sounds like obama and hilary clinto dont like japan. they have no problem giivng millions to Israel, and not a finger lifted to help in japan. well not inlcuding the middle finger it seems.
way to go loosers.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We do have some form of power, unfortunetly there dosent seem to be enough of us to make a difference, the majority of us are just to interested in our own lives.
Im sure most people see Libya on the news and there like oh thats horrible, but just continue to eat their dinners.
We are the consumers, the buisness cannot survive without a good amount of consumers.
We pay the taxes that enable them to bomb libya etc. So there is a little power within that.
They dont want the population to know, otherwise there would be revolt. We know they fear this because otherwise they wouldnt be hiding what they were doing, they instead would be demonising libya to get nationwide support. This is how war (the massacre of millions) seems to not be unsettling on the conciousness of millions of people.
Really, this is probably war now, and they just havent gotten up to the demonising part yet.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

This is a good point i think many didnt think of! our givernemnt wants t mess with libya, go n play with thier toys in the sand, maybe commit some more rpaes, murders and trophy pictures, god knows what our governemnts and CIA's rea interest is thier..instead of stopping global radiaiton spread?its as if thier giving us here, in the US, yuor on yuor own, with the middle finger extended to us.

Our Government not only wanted to mess with Lybia, but the entire Middle East. I listened to people call into a radio show from Egypt, that said it was not the Egyptian people protesting, that they were brought in by bus loads, and that mercinaries were running around just killing people not even involved. Caller from Bahrain, and Lybia said the same thing. Everything is just Smoke and Mirrors, Alice will never get out of the Rabbit Hole.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Let just be clear...
Spending Money bombing Gaddafi's tanks and jets is saving lives.
Sending bags of money to Japan will not mean they can eat money, use it for warmth or drink it

Likewise..

Sending the jets into Japan won’t solve the nuclear crisis...
Just like sending money to the rebels in Libya wont help them win the war.

Japan has enough money, Japan doesn’t need money, Japanese needs tangible goods. Tins of food, Barrels of Fuel, Bottles of Water, Blankets, medicine etc etc etc.

Not everything is a conspiracy and sometimes, the western world does do the right thing by humanity.

I know everyone’s a little jumpy and jittery at the simultaneous issues the world has going on right now, but we all need to step back and appreciate the goodness that does exist in people.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I did say "aid" not money. A pump and 2 firetrucks, how lame is that. A reporter on BBC in the field there in Lybia, said that the Lybian Planes were bombing amo stashies so the protesters couldn't use them. And that the gun fire was the protesters celerbrating, the ones around him sure were happy. But on US Media, it said that the Lybian army took over the town and bombed it. Now, I didn't fall for the weapons of Mass Distruction in Iraq and not falling for this liberation for Lybia. The US bombed all of Gaddaif's homes years ago and only killed his 3 year old daughter. The United States gets more Proporganda, than any country on the planet and if you have never been out of the US, you would never believe that.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
The cost has already surpassed the billion dollar
mark. We just can't keep our noses out of anything.

Libya tally = $1B

and let's not forget the new $1B
FBI Biometrics Identification system paid to
Lockheed Martin.

www.rawstory.com...

but yet 10,000 school teachers get pink slips
for next yr.

what is wrong with this picture?
I thought we were broke and in a deficit ??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

We are broke, the general public are anyway.
This is exactly why we are broke, because money is put into unessisary things that do not benefit the public at all.
They can scream broke all they want, the only ones who are going to be broke is us.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i thik the moral of this post and story is..libya could have been neglected* not dealt with. by compariosn to japan* thats what i belive and agree on. libya jsut seems as another CIA black operation thing..for the pentagon to make money, GE< Boeing, all that apply in this area. prob to get their oil fields too...lets see how fast exxonmobile, shell jump the contracts after total american occuaption* jsut like almsot happpend n IRaq few years ago..only the IRaqis sold the contracts, to russia and china instead
lets see who and what happnes.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder, why Americans don´t protest against it all. It doesn´t have to go violent, no nead for another war. But imagine if millions of people just stop paying taxes til government end the wars? There are other ways that shouting on the streets. But many people should do it then together.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

For Christ Sake, We have been at war in Afganstanian for almost 10 years now. If we can not win a war against a few men in caves, we don't need to be in any war. I noticed when Haiti had the quake, nothing was mentioned about the US sending any aid. Now Japan is suppose to be one of our best allies, but we can't send them but a couple of pumps and firetrucks. The entire world is going to hate us, because we can't help our friends, because we are spending all of our money on our enemies. The people in Japan have no water they can drink and no food they can eat, there will be thousands more die before it is over.

My 2 roommates sit in front of the TV 24/7, and tell me I need to get a life, for being on the computer so much.
I chat on ATS, while they are screaming "Go Hogs". Saying, "I don't care if I get patted down at the airport, because I haven't done anything wrong". But complain like hell because the gas has gone up. Most Americans are just like the Government, and neither are going to change unless they have no money to spend at all. I tell them things and they don't believe a thing I say until it gets on MSM.

The thread on ATS about the gas well fracking, has caused a change, so the people on ATS can make changes happen. It stopped the drilling.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Americans need to face the fact that we are responsible, we are respondsible for all of the civilians that have died, we are so into football, baseball, movie stars, soap operas, Jerry Springer, Doctor Phil, and don't really give a Damn as long as it is not us or our family. So, we shouldn't expect anyone to give a damn when it is our problem. TPTB hope our attitued stays this way, because no country will come to our aid.

Wrong. Not US. Our Leaders are to blame not the general American population.

But it wont ever happen because "we" have done horrible things to so many people it isn't funny.

It started with us overthrowing Hawaii in 1893.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a nice list:

Hawaii
Cuba
Philippines
Puerto Rico
Nicaragua
Honduras
Iran
Guatemala
South Vietnam
Chile
Grenada
Panama
Afghanistan
Iraq

This info from a book called Overthrow by Russell Mokhiber and Robert Weissman.

Quote: "What do these 14 governments have in common?

You got it. The United States overthrew them. And in almost in every case, the overthrow can be traced to corporate interests. In Hawaii, the sugar companies didn't want to pay export duties -- so they overthrew the queen of Hawaii and made it part of the United States. In Guatemala, United Fruit wanted Arbenz out. Out he went. In Chile, Allende offended the copper interests. Allende -- dead. In Iran, Mossadegh offended major oil interests. Mossadegh out. In Nicaragua, Jose Santos Zelaya was bothering American lumber and mining companies. Zelaya -- out. In Honduras, an American banana magnate organized the coup of the Honduran government. And on down the list.

Democratic Party critics charge that the Bush administration is ripping the United States from a long history of diplomacy by violently overthrowing governments.

Not true, says former New York Times foreign correspondent Stephen Kinzer. Kinzer says that in fact the opposite is true.

"Actually, the United States has been overthrowing governments for more than a century," Kinzer said in an interview. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source: www.commondreams.org...

No wonder so many people around the world hate Americans for meddling in the affairs of others.. because It's True! Our Leaders are scum bags Everyone of them.

Our presidents are Not any better than Qaddafi or Hussain - they just do their killing overseas instead of at home.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The report recently published on the Coalition's website said that in the first 24 hours of the war on Libya, dozens of bombs and cruise missiles were launched by US, British, and French forces -- all with depleted uranium warheads.

Not to be too picky. I don't totally disagree with your post, but "depleted uranium" is used in kinetic weapons such as the sabot round due to mass and density. It is not used in bombs or cruise missiles which use explosive warheads.
If you are going to push an agenda at least be aware of what you are spinning.

I'm sure though that the civilians being killed by Mummar were all too happy to be killed by good old fashioned lead bullets and cold steel instead of foreign technology.

Just because politicians make two big stupid decisions in a row doesn't justify watching another slaughter happen when the Jim Jones of North Africa gets a new batch of Cool Aid mixed up.

Enjoy your high road.

edit on 28-3-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

Little Feather, I wanted to thank you for your insight, but I am so angry all I did was Rant, Big Star for you. I got so mad because I checked the weather in Japan, 56 degrees and 20% chance of rain, and we can't send water and food because the weather is too bad. Last Month they were talking about shutting down the Government because they are broke, but never to broke to go to war, or bail out Banks. I would move to Mexico, but like someone said the other day, their immigration laws are too tough. But then Mexico is part of the United States now, Thanks to Bush. Then he buys half of Paraguay, because they have no extridition treaty with anyone. Thats why all the Nazies went there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join