It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions $pent on Bombing Lybia.. But no Relief for Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Its all good
and completely understandable! Its extremely bizzare, the weather seriously cannot be that bad.
America probably feels that they can afford to put their resources into Lybia because Japan is now in no situation to retaliate, so it dosent matter what they do to them. How narcissistic.
And your right, they have been in afganistan for about 10 years now and absolutely nothing has been achieved except massacre of innocent people put into the name of finding the ghost terrorists.
Poor Japan, i really hope someone sends them some sort of aid because the situation is horrible.

Oh and dont worry, i completely understand the "go get a life" bit. The majority of my friends barely even believe what i say, i tell them a bombs been dropped on Lybia and i get told "oh they had too".
Unfortunetly, the majority of people dont understand whats happening around them. Just be thankful your one of the people who do

edit on 28-3-2011 by littlecloud because: added

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

Bless your heart, I don't know if you have Native American in you, but when I was 6 years old in Mississippi, my hair was too dark to go the the white school, so I have to go to the reservation school. [best friends I ever had] I use the poem 'IF" as my signature by Kipling, He also said, "If you can keep your head when all about you are loosing theirs and blaming it on you." Like the guy when everyone in the village said he was mad, he finally started acting like everyone else just to belong. I do believe a few people can change the world. The only thing is here in America all anyone cares about is how things affect them. Then when they have to pay $10 for a loaf of bread they will be saying "Why didn't anyone warn us."
The Japanese need to be evacuated, The Weather In Japan For the Past 4 Days ,,,,55- 45 degrees with a 20% chance of Rain. My daughter was stationed in Fort Drum New York, Marched everyday 5 miles in the Snow at 3 degrees. Look how fast Japan got back on it's feet after we dropped 2 Atomic Bombs on them. This country can not afford to loose anymore friends and damn lucky Japan is a friend.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When the war in Vietnam ended people were hanging off of helicopters to get out. US, China, Russia, and if just one of these has the capability to totally evacuate the entire Island of Japan. Why is no one caring enough to do this. It is like well F$%^& why bother. God is watching this, so if the same happens to you where ever you are, know that no one is going to care. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Just what goodness are you refering to. l watched the Japan incident from the beginning. l saw the people standing on the roofs of buildings terrified. What l did not see was one US helicopter go in to rescue any of those poor people. The only thing l saw was thousands of US military hightailing it AWAY from Japan and leaving those poor people to their fate. lt does'nt matter how you try to dress it up, lt is more important for the great US military to go to libya to do more killing than to go to the aid of people in dire need. At least now the whole world has seen you for what you truly are. Cowardly killers every last one.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Didn't you get the memo? Oil before everything else.

The US attitude is interesting - they didn't want to be seen as the warmongers (again) when everyone was pushing for the UN resolution (note that the UK was again a puppet to the US), but now we are in there, they are basically going to keep bombing until Gaddafi leaves or is killed.

They talk of democracy, but I don't see democracy - I see the US imposing its view on Libya.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm not really sure why people are saying the U.S. isn't sending aid to Japan. At the risk of being flamed I'm posting some links I found detailing aid to Japan from the U.S.
www.usatoday.com...

The U.S. Navy began moving ships and relief supplies toward stricken regions of Japan on Friday after a deadly tsunami caused by an earthquake slammed into the eastern coast of the country, killing hundreds of people.

www.bloomberg.com...

U.S. Defense Department Will Spend as Much as $80 Million on Aid to Japan

www.kqed.org...

The Essex carried 2,000 men and women off the coast of Japan on March 19, joining more than a dozen other U.S. ships there trying to help after a powerful earthquake and tsunami left some of the country's infrastructure in tatters.

Am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

So far the US has spent $550,000,000 on going into Lybia and still spending. $80,000,000 in aid to Japan.

March 18, 2011 News

In Hirota, helicopters have delivered some food, but not much. So far, the survivors have instant noodles, fruit and bread. Water comes from wells and mountain rivers. Companies and residents unaffected by the disaster have donated bedding and blankets.

But snow has limited helicopter flights, and American aircraft are also under orders to skirt the area around the nuclear plant to reduce the risk of radiation exposure.

Link
www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

The US military has banned access to popular commercial websites on its computer network to free up bandwidth for relief efforts in Japan, officials said Wednesday.

The "partial ban" applied to 13 sites including YouTube, eBay, Amazon, MTV and ESPN, but not Facebook, US Cyber Command officers said.

I tried to up load a video from Youtube, titled "Worse Disaster for Japan since WWII" It has the exact same youtube address, as the one about Lybia, when I tried to up load it I just kept getting the video about Lybia. The reason we are not getting any info from the Japaness people themselves, because the US military has block it in Japan.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Your article is dated March 18th. It was snowing in Japan and they were having a hard time getting aid in. 2 of the articles I linked to are from 2 days ago. It is no longer snowing in Fukushima.www.wunderground.com... I think aid is now coming in.
Youtube, ESPN, and other high bandwidth sites were frequently blocked by the military when I was in Iraq 5 years ago. This is nothing new.

I have nothing but contempt for the violence by all parties in Libya. However the U.S. spending millions of dollars to bomb a middle-eastern country into oblivion is also nothing new.
edit on 29-3-2011 by ZeroReady because: forgot to add

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

My daughter was stationed in Fort Drum, New York. The weather was never too bad, and the snow was never too deep for them to do anything. If weather stops our military; it is a shame it wasn't as cold and snowing in Lybia.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I do want to tell you how greatful I am for you serving in the Military, I know you know first hand what war is like. I do very much respect your opinion on this subject, God bless you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound argumentative but I was a Supply Sgt for a Marine infantry battalion for 4 years. Logistics was my life. We ran convoys in Iraq when in weather ranging from 115 degrees to 25 and snowing. We did what we had to do. However my girlfriend just graduated from Coast Guard bootcamp and they stopped a lot of training because of the snow on the east coast. Situation dictates. Driving supply trucks across the desert is one thing, but sending a fleet of ships halfway around the world is another.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

I do want to tell you how greatful I am for you serving in the Military, I know you know first hand what war is like. I do very much respect your opinion on this subject, God bless you.

And thank you. Though now the rest of my life is devoted to making amends for the things I had to do. And for not standing up and saying something when I knew The Iraq war was wrong. even at 19 years old, back in 2003, I could still see everything was wrong around me and I chose not to stand up and say something.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Iraq was based on greed and a lie. I do think they should be prosecuted for it. Do not let this be a weight around your neck. You are a young man and have your whole life ahead of you. I have listened to many former military on Youtube, Saying the same thing you have. I really felt like getting my hippie beads and peace symbols out. Forgive yourself most of all. There use to be a poster back in the 60's that read: "What if They Gave a War and Nobody Came. "

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

No im not native american, i just liked the picture lol
They denied your place in a school because of your hair colour? Wow thats really sad, must not have been all to long ago either which is even worse.
This is why noone notices anything, because its about what is affecting THEM. When all of this stuff sneaks up on the western nations and bites there people on the bum they definately are going to be asking why noone warned them, even though the warnings have been present for a very long time and they were just to egotistical to notice.
America now has a lot of strong competitors, Japan being one of them. Im sure they are aware of this and thats why they have been so slow to help the japanese. This will definately come back at them in the future though. I can see America falling and other nations taking its pickings from the countries similar how they did with Africa, i have no evidence about that though whatsoever

I believe few people can change the world too
hopefully these people will turn up soon enough!
Thats pretty good of your daughter, she seems to have more initiative than the US government

top topics

<< 1   >>

join