It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets try to get this fact clear - Amateur Astronomers Spotting NIBIRU

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Could it possibly be that the secret to life on this planet is another planet 180* from earth??
It would be the same size and same distance from the Sun. Orbiting at the same speed it would not be able to be seen from Earth. Maybe providing some type of balance.

Sounds crazy but who knows..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsara
reply to post by sith9157

We all know comet elenin will be ariving to our naked eye soon. Does this mean you are able to see it?

It is still by no means a given that this will be a naked eye comet but yes, if it is a naked eye comet you should be able to see it. Binoculars will help immensely.

and if so is it just a comet ?

Yes, just a comet.

and if you can not see it why not?

Put simply, it wouldn't be bright enough to see with out a visual aid.

As a rough guide the human eye can see magnitudes of around +6.0 or at a dark site maybe around +8.0 anything lower than that should be visible enough.
The Minor planet centre still has the apparant magnitude at +3.8 which should be visible to the naked eye.
However this guy seems to think it will be at around +8.4 which would mean it is going to be difficult to see.
He mentions how what data he used to work it out.
edit on 4-4-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thankyou. You say it is a comet. Why do people think this comet would have an effect on earth, is it unusualy big or very dense? Is there anything unusual about it? Im trying to understand why people believe this comet is cover up for the planet x. Astronomers like your self could put many people at ease by clearing this comet , planet x connection up, by sharing your expertiese. X

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by pazcat

Thankyou. You say it is a comet. Why do people think this comet would have an effect on earth, is it unusualy big or very dense? Is there anything unusual about it? Im trying to understand why people believe this comet is cover up for the planet x. Astronomers like your self could put many people at ease by clearing this comet , planet x connection up, by sharing your expertiese. X

Because of its name, and how little coverage it has gotten.

Despite comets being commonly named after their discoverers, and the fact that many comets are discovered each year that go virtually ignored.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So by seeing it through your telescope you see it as just anouther comet. Thats reasuring thankyou.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So by seeing it through your telescope you see it as just anouther comet. Thats reasuring thankyou.

Well, uh, yeah.

Not that it's visible through many telescopes, being only magnitude fifteen, and that the ones used to find it and take further pictures of it are in observatories.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I used to be a firm believer in Nibiru/Planet X and it was all down to Sitchin. He made some interesting and very believable points that I soaked up like a sponge many years ago. But thanks to ATS, and another gentleman I emailed (I found a very informative website and contacted the author who sent me so much data on the subject), I seen the light (without solar-filters).

Needless to say, I cannot agree any more with what you say. And the other thread too. This Planet X/2012 thing is really tiresome and boring...

Who remembers Nostradmus?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
Could it possibly be that the secret to life on this planet is another planet 180* from earth??
It would be the same size and same distance from the Sun. Orbiting at the same speed it would not be able to be seen from Earth. Maybe providing some type of balance.

Sounds crazy but who knows..

Erm, we do. Mathematics and movement of planetary bodies would tell us that there is another planet...such methods were used to find "planet" Pluto. Gravity and movement in space is very easily worked out...not by me
And of course a great many probes have been launched into space that would clearly pick up any .other planet.

Just my thoughts of course. i would welcome anyone to tell me if I am wrong about this

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

edit on 5-4-2011 by EQUlNOX because: double post...apologies

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I live in Marquette, Michigan. Today 9/14/12 I was riding my bicycle around Presque Isle park and decided to stop and take some pictures of the sun. It was about 7:20 pm or so. These are the pictures that I took:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Are you pretending that these photos show something more than reflections?

What are you doing with all of this spamming?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
While I'm not reading 26 pages of wild speculation: I can askyou nibiru people who won't let go a few hypothetical questions for the"sake of argument":

Question#1

Okay; you got us all! Say there actually is a giant " incoming" planet playing three stooges around the coffee table with earth ;captured in the diameter of earths orbit always 6months ahead of our orbit so the sun is alwaysexactly between us.

(EXACTLY THE same earth diameter and same mass or it wouldn't orbit the same.)

If its always "behind the Sun" it will never hit us!

But Okay: Its definitely there and you got The scoop and know about IT! It's gonna' pullout of orbit and wait for us.

WHAT can you do about it???????????MOVE? to WHERE? MARS?????????????

That'S enough to show this entire "field of inquiry"is a waste of calories and oxygen.:

Question #2

If its NOT in earths orbit but traveling "inbound" directly "behind the sun" Guess where we'll be in 180 days time?(and where we WERE 180 days ago!):

Directly "behind the Sun" from where we are today. We should have seen it in the NIGHT SKY (as the night side of earth points away from the sun). It would be plainly visible!.:

Go on and argue for another 26 pages; if you care to but THINK first.

:puz
edit on 16-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmickameleon

re: Presque isle pics;
Thats a hellacious(comma shaped) lens flare. Dead into the sun; I bet your metadata shows you used an f-stop of f22 or higher.So the aperture blades approximate a circle.(or you've imaged the disk of the sun and its bouncing off the sensor and between the lens elements..)

By the way; not real good idea focusing the naked Sun on the sensor like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join