It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut Up Sheep!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Get off your A$$ and do something damnit! This is America! London's doing it! Egypt's doing it! Let's join em'! I realize I'm no better than the rest of you sitting on our computers blogging about dumb things... I mean that's what they want us to do! they want us to sit on our computers and do nothing!

"But as long as were talking about it were doing something"
Wrong! how long are you gonna talk about before you do something! We gotta start somewhere! Not once has anyone thought about assembling on this site and that makes us no better than the elite themselves. I mean for crying out loud! I can't take it anymore! Your all sheep whether you admit or not... your all sheep until you decide it's time to do something!

On this sight we just bash each other when we should be working with each other as one. We should be a body of people working as one to spread the wealth of information and truth. That is what this site lacks and that is what the world lacks: COLLABORATION because we don't know how to assemble and we don't know how to talk to each other. As a result... that change that you want so bad... isn't coming

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

London's doing it! Egypt's doing it!

The first are currently protesting over spending cuts. The latter were fighting for their very freedom.

Biiiiiiig Difference.

Either way, interesting thread.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Rising Against because: Cause I'm an idiot..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yea like there aren't cuts and threats to our freedom in America... not so big a difference

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You don't agree that their is a big difference between a governmental spending plan and a persons freedom?

Wow..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885
Not once has anyone thought about assembling on this site and that makes us no better than the elite themselves.

How do you know this? Seeing that the T&C state clearly that no recruiting is allowed, wouldn't that be a valid reason for you not being aware of it?

On this sight we just bash each other when we should be working with each other as one. We should be a body of people working as one to spread the wealth of information and truth.

Here's the rub with this... everyone has their own opinions and while collaboration is a lofty goal, it is hard to do with thousands of anonymous people over the internet because it's hard work! Collaboration is a learned skill and not for the drive-by's.

Again, you should not be expecting to see anyone recruiting people to action, as that would be against the T&C. So you're left with "just talking about it".

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think I misunderstood your post...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885

I think I misunderstood your post...

Ah, ok, well like I said before, this is an interesting thread still.

In my previous posts though, I just felt like I had to highlight the difference between the 2 protests you yourself highlighted in your OP as I feel they are, to say the least, worlds apart. That was my point.

One were fighting for ones very own freedom, the other is protesting to get the attention of the government and to show them that they disagree.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You do realize that Ronald Reagan and his policies and those who worship him are responsible for the financial situation of the USA, right? Reagan ran budget deficits and added to the national debt...

Obama is not the source of the current government spending crisis, Bush Jr is. Clinton left office with a budget surplus and was in the process of paying off the national debt...and then Bush Jr started two wars and gave tax cuts to a bunch of people who really didn't need them. He kept the wars off of the books, something which Obama decided to stop, hence people claiming that he added so much to the budget deficit.

You know what America needs to do? It needs to embrace the idea that you should be consistent. Prior to 2008 being a dissenter was treated as a crime, now it's treated as patriotism. Protesters were seen as radicals, now they're true Americans. What changed? Different guy in office. (Liberal media my rear end)

America needs to realize something: You can't cut your way out of debt. Tax cuts? I'm sorry, if those worked so well, why are we running a deficit now? Tax increases are needed as are spending cuts. You can't do it with only one.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

preach on,i couldnt agree more,ive been telling these thundercats to at least seige a capitol or at least a walmart to lead by example, protest doesnt work,we have to fight fire with fire obviously, hes right!!!! get off ur asses and make real chane!!! ill be on the front line with all yall

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have seen your questions on many threads and I think it's time I asked some back.

How do you want to get to this "change?" Shut down the country? Destroy the economy? Remove all elected and appointed officials from office by force or massive protest? What if they refuse to leave?

What "Change" do you want? Replace all the current office holders with different ones that aren't politicians? Who? Tea Party leaders, environmentalists, union members? Take everybody's property and distribute to the citizens on an equal basis? What are you trying to get the country to like like?

I will side with the "sheep" until there's a bit more information out there, thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Awesome thought, But I would like to point out something and these are just guesses in numbers but you will get the point. Also before I begin I would like to say that although your anger is warranted and it was used to rile up the people, also understood, it is premature.

If you take all the people on ATS and subtract anyone outside the U.S. I guess that to be 40% then divide those to 50 states, then divide that by the umpteen cities in each state, you would have a lot of people standing all by them self. Then add as many sites as possible to gain people. Do you honestly think you could organize it in plane view. Nothing like giving away your position.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Did you miss what's been going on in Wisconsin and other states for the past month?
And if you think protesting spending cuts and protesting for your freedom are even remotely related please do us all a favor and hang yourself.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

change as in phisically throw out all the illegals so we can free up some jobs, physically throw out all the politicans accross the board,we know what we want ,lets get it instead of waiting for a limp dick ass to change things for us,we have to take accountability as well

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

so the patriot act didn't take away the exact freedoms we were endowed in our nation's founding? trillions being shoveled to banksters instead of a plethora of good deeds. think about all the children dying of curable diseases, the starving people, the homeless veterans that money could have been spent on. lack of quality nutrition lowers life expectancy. being homeless lowers ones life expectancy. therefore you lack complete thought in stating we aren't faced with a serious threat, just as serious as any other nation that is rioting

we americans have sat by while a police state has grown around us.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

So you are saying create our own police state until we can all agree on what it is we want?
edit on 27-3-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I suggest everyone listen to the song "revolution" by the beatles. Bob marley has a pretty good song called revolution as well, but the beatles version is more related to the op's post.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me the difference between how things ran 1000s of years ago compared to now? The serfs, peasants, vassals, citizens, civilians, consumers, blah blah blah we're the same damn things as we were back then, nothing has really ever changed except the names and faces in charge.

We haven't gotten off our collectives a$$es for 1000s of years, we have always let the few con-trol the many, why? I say we are all retarded to let this still continue today. And anyone who really cares about the Royal wedding and celebs lives'... you people are already dead inside, and will probably defend the system that enslaves you.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

no idiot,we have a grip of people that need necessities,such as myself, and these bastards are only out for them selves, its still the wild west,get yours,they do,kcuf em,even if u have to rob a bank get it,they rob you,obviously its how it is,do like they do they arent above u they put on their patnts one leg at a time like the rest of us

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

Dear CUJOCREEP,

Thanks for answering some of my questions, but I'm confused and concerned by your answers. I'm a little reluctant to go to Washington D.C., grab Sen. Barney Frank, and drive him to some undisclosed location.

And without significant, armed, backup I don't think I'll be standing on the Arizona-Mexico border stopping illegals and sending them back to Guadalajara or wherever.

As to what change I want to see? A country with very limited national powers, states that experiment with different laws on the "hot button" topics such as guns, drugs, abortion, homosexual marriages, etc. I'd like a happy home and an occasional night at the bar with some good friends, and to be left undisturbed by central planners or official nags.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Surely you don't believe we actually had a budget surplus at any point in recent memory?

Actually our debt around this time in the year 2000 the US had a debt just short 5.7 trillion dollars

Source

If you look you will find plenty of sources.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join