It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New take on "schizophrenic patients"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hello. this is my first thread so dont be rude
just thinking out loud and woundering if someone else has also thought about it.

Ive been thinking lately about schizophrenic patiens, And I dont think they are insane or crazy as the good doctors will tell you. I think they are just misunderstood. Maybe they are communicating with their other self's, my belief is that you live muplie lives if not hundreds of lifes simontalusly.

Ive come to this conclustion after reading much evidence about '___' sprit molecule where the user literary die and get the knowledge of previous and future lives, also when you die that molecule actives the pineal gland/third eye when you die and go to sleep, and when you are born this molecule gets produces by your system. And much more things has gotten me to this conclusion, but I dont want to bore you.

Just listen to this girls conversation: www.youtube.com...

Seems like she is speaking of tech that doesnt exist on our little planet, who knows she is maybe right all along.
What do you think?

I dont think the right way to treat someone like her or other by giving them electric shots/torture and pumping
them full with BS medicine that only slow down their beutiful yet uniqe mind.

Sorry for my bad english, and swedish and I am no pro at writing

edit on 27-3-2011 by Andennnnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The girl is not schizophrenic. First, anyone diagnosing any child under the age of 7 with such a serious illness is idiotic. That's just Big Pharma taking over a child's mind (through the hand of psychiatry).

I highly recommend the book "Shaman in a Woman's Body," by Barbara Tedlock. In it, she traces the roots of shamanic abilities in young children of other cultures. Most demonstrated strange and/or antisocial behaviors. The village shaman's were able to recognize these children and channel their abilities into healthy behaviors and to hone their shamanic skills and become healing artists within their communities. We do not have such a tradition, nor any clue as to how to handle those who do not fall within the very narrow parameters of what white, western european/north american males believe is "normal."

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Andennnnn

Hello Andennnnn, congrats on first thread.

My mother is schizophrenic and no she is not crazy at all. Her mind processes information incorrectly. People she met earlier in life have manifested into directing her to do things today. She will think she is actually talking to the real person(like having a phone conversation) in her head. I often tell her to tell her head voices to shut-up while I am talking. She will do this for me, but then turn around and tell me she just talked to my brother and he said.....

I miss my mom, she turned schizo about 10 years ago at 66.

Rhain

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know! you are exactly right, the shamans have known this knowledge for thousands of years, while the "smart modern man" has been laughing at these smart people. They have always known the truth. Its a shame that society doesn’t recognize this. '___' is far beyond normal drugs. I don’t get way society is against altered states of conciness.

I think the reasoning behind it is: A depressed customer is the best customer, why let the people know the most beautiful truth, that would be bad for business. So let them believe their existence is going to disappear when they die. Better that way.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwisdom
."

Thanks for reply, I will look into it
im very intrested about the shamans. And I agree its idiotic

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Everyone does have access to '___' as it naturally occurs in the human body

Why is '___' so fascinating? For starters, '___' is the only psychedelic known to occur naturally in the human body. In 1972, the Nobel laureate Julius Axelrod of the National Institutes of Health discovered '___' in human brain tissue, leading to speculation that the compound plays a role in psychosis. Research into that possibility—and into psychedelics in general--was abandoned because of the growing backlash against these compounds.

Source

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
reply to post by Andennnnn

Rhain

Thanks, thats what I am talking about, is a F... shame people doesn’t recognize her abilities. I am very glad shes not alone  that you are on her side. Many would believe the doctors first and give up hope.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I feel your pain Rhain. My mother is paranoid schizo and has been since her mid-30's. Lights talk to her. She see's dead people. The thing that is so perplexing is that one day she's normal and the next is more insanity. I have often thought, well maybe she is seeing these things, as I'm sure, for her, they're real, but after having to deal with it for 20+ years, I have come to the conclusion that she simply can't/doesn't take care of herself. She will only take her meds until she feels better, then off the deep end we go. To the OP's post, the only thing shizophrenics are in touch with is the twisted reality that their mind produces. I read a very interesting article a few months ago about how two scientist-types who had schizophrenic siblings had independantly discovered that at some point in human "evolution" some families DNA were altered by some type of toxoplasmosis virus. This DNA is considered part of the "junk" DNA we always hear about. What they found that happens though, is that when a person with this viral junk DNA actually gets a plasmosis type infection, it activates the junk DNA and causes schizophrenia. My mother had histoplasmosis as a child.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
About '___' (once again):

"[The feeling of doing '___'] is as though one had been struck by noetic lightning. The ordinary world is almost instantaneously replaced, not only with a hallucination, but a hallucination whose alien character is its utter alienness. Nothing in this world can prepare one for the impressions that fill your mind when you enter the '___' sensorium." -- Terence McKenna

Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

Unlike many believe, schizophrenia is NOT the same as divided personality. It's more like your mind has fractured. Can't keep control. There's several different types of schizophrenia 'tho, usually it's paranoid schizophrenia (something I could associate with ATS
)

Nevermind that, not that of a big fan of McKenna, but Erich Fromm (the guy that developed psychoanalysis) said: "We're all more or less insane".

It has also been speculated that '___' could actually cure schizophrenia.

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
True schizophrenia means a person, if untreated, can totally lose contact with reality.

A lovely schizophrenic friend of mine once, during an episode many years ago, ran out onto the tarmac at Tullamarine, trying to stop the planes landing, because he believed something terrible would happen if they did. Another time he raced into the premmie ward at a major hospital, disconnecting the babies incubators because he believed someone was pumping poisonous gas into them. He was a good man, but once he went schizo he absolutely had to take his meds, or he was a danger, despite his good intentions, to those around him.

I'm sure there are people misdiagnosed, but real schizophrenia is periodic, or with some people, constant, insanity, that needs to be treated chemically.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluegrassconspirator
reply to post by Rhain

I feel your pain Rhain. My mother is paranoid schizo and has been since her mid-30's. Lights talk to her. She see's dead people. The thing that is so perplexing is that one day she's normal and the next is more insanity. I have often thought, well maybe she is seeing these things, as I'm sure, for her, they're real, but after having to deal with it for 20+ years, I have come to the conclusion that she simply can't/doesn't take care of herself. She will only take her meds until she feels better, then off the deep end we go. To the OP's post, the only thing shizophrenics are in touch with is the twisted reality that their mind produces. I read a very interesting article a few months ago about how two scientist-types who had schizophrenic siblings had independantly discovered that at some point in human "evolution" some families DNA were altered by some type of toxoplasmosis virus. This DNA is considered part of the "junk" DNA we always hear about. What they found that happens though, is that when a person with this viral junk DNA actually gets a plasmosis type infection, it activates the junk DNA and causes schizophrenia. My mother had histoplasmosis as a child.

Hey I am no expert but, pumping someone with meds and then have everyone say you are crazy in 20 years period. Ofc you are going to crazy, maybe thats where the paranoia comes in. And scientist saying something is junk because they dont understand the complexity of the human DNA. I would not trust them. Also intriging how shamans can recogize their ability and turn it ito someting good. Those who are schizo there never have to be told they are crazy.

Its all about how it begins, if your parents are violent and criminals, it is bigger chance that one self becomes one. Because we learn from our parents/friends. If you grow up in a violent enviroment you are going to be prepeard for violence. ect , its all about enviroment.

But take no offence, thats just my opinion
And I hope your mother will be better

Shamansrecognize that this reality isnt real compared to the real reality behind this reality, thats why they can help

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Although I do think that schizophrenia should not be treated by conventional methods always, I don't know the "risk" of leaving a schizophrenic child off medication either. For the parents it could be very stressful and/or frightening if their child has violent outburst. One of my childhood friends had an adopted sister that was either schizo or afflicted by some sort of mental instability; they eventually had to put her into the care of some home. Because apart from her random fits of rage, there were times at night they would wake up and she would be by their bed with scissors or a knife in hand; she had cut my friend at one point as well. Then she would say she didn't know why she was there at all, oblivious and crying. However, this girl also was also the victim of some absolutely sickening child abuse that I'd rather not delve into.

On that note I can't say I know much about schizophrenia itself, but I do agree that there is a stigma that surrounds it. Many people associate with potential serial killers, violence, etc. However, as far as I know it's more of an alteration of thought processes, that may or may not involve visual/audible hallucinations. It doesn't go hand-in-hand with yet other stigmatized mental conditions that have been subject to brutal method.

As for '___', I wouldn't say it's of relation to schizophrenia. I've done alot of research into it over the past couple years, and I still plan to partake in the "ritual" soon. It's an insult to nature, and the universe, that the government would attempt to criminalize one of the most beautiful, enigmatic substances in existence. A compound of and for organic life, that may bring you to experience the in-explainable; and here you have a few corrupt self-thinkers who tell us it's for our own good. Never take the systems word for it without doing your own research, especially in cases like this.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
True schizophrenia means a person, if untreated, can totally lose contact with reality.

A lovely schizophrenic friend of mine once, during an episode many years ago, ran out onto the tarmac at Tullamarine, trying to stop the planes landing, because he believed something terrible would happen if they did. Another time he raced into the premmie ward at a major hospital, disconnecting the babies incubators because he believed someone was pumping poisonous gas into them. He was a good man, but once he went schizo he absolutely had to take his meds, or he was a danger, despite his good intentions, to those around him.

I'm sure there are people misdiagnosed, but real schizophrenia is periodic, or with some people, constant, insanity, that needs to be treated chemically.

One thing to think about is that the mind is a extremly powerful tool, and it can see alternate timelines/free will with otherword. and one can choose from infinite possibilites, which mean the future one sees doesnt even have to be close too the current reality. And maybe his insanity did come from knowing many timelines which drowe him insane. just a theory to think about. But one thing for sure: it is not all insanity, even if it may look like it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Also from me, grats on your first thread

I had a topic like this one in mind after reading another thread on ats called "ask a schizofhrenic anything" (I link it when I find it again ) so I post my ponderings here instead.

That got me wondering about something,
All the people that post in the philosophy, the paranormal and the ufo forums (to name a few)
How many of them, should they go to a psychiatrist and tell him everything they think they have experienced... how many of them would be labeled schizophrenic?

I think I would. If I told a psychiatrist all the things I think I have experienced in my spiritual live, or in my occult experiments, he would label me totally nuts and put me on medication, becaus to be honest, my view of reality is far from how most people see it, but I found many samelike thinkers right here on ats so I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with me.
Though I wonder how it would sound like to a shrink: "Hello sir, when I was little my bed moved every night and rolled right through the walls and took me to my school while being wide awake, later on I started to see vivid collored patterns in the dark, sometimes they take the form of evil faces, other times they turn to flowers, and when I fall asleep I often wake up because I hear someone calling my name. Talking about voices, I often hear my name whispered in my ear during the day... I think it's my father, btw, did I mention he is dead? Well he is and I constantly hear his voice, I also talk to him a whole lot and he answers... unless he gets mad, then things start falling of the shelves but lucky me, that doesnt happen very often. I also sometimes feel two hands touching my back but when I turn around there is no one there. I swear once I fell over because the invisible hands pushed me! And very often I just have the feeling like I'm inside a video game or a movie or something... it gets me all confused, very strange indeed! Don't tell me it's all not real mr Shrink, because I believe in a holographic universe and everything we experience right now is an illusion, therefor we can learn to control the illusion and create our own reality. Isn't that neat mr Shrink?

lol ok, you get the point.

anyway, I recently saw a docu on tv about shizophrenia and some of these people where indeed experiencing the weirdest things. Like one woman who said she constantly saw cartoon characters with her in the room, mockin her.
I figure as long as I don't see those, all is fine... right?

edit on 27/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andennnnn

One thing to think about is that the mind is a extremly powerful tool, and it can see alternate timelines/free will with otherword. and one can choose from infinite possibilites, which mean the future one sees doesnt even have to be close too the current reality. And maybe his insanity did come from knowing many timelines which drowe him insane. just a theory to think about. But one thing for sure: it is not all insanity, even if it may look like it.

I don't implicitly trust psychiatrists, and I'm sure a lot of diagnosis are way off the mark.

Regarding this friend, he was bitterly atheistic and then one night, working late, alone, at university, he "saw god".

I don't know if he actually saw god, and that upset his atheistic outlook so badly he became unhinged, or if his experience in seeing god was just a delusion created by his first episode of schizophrenia.

One might as well keep an open mind. However I do know that he could not stay in touch with (this) reality after that without his meds. - And I'm a very anti-pharmaceutical person and hated the way they slowed his brilliant brain down.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

edit on 27/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

You are not alone, I am in the same line of thinking as you
Good to know that there exist others who think alike. And you are right, many ATS would have been put on meds, ink me. They would think our theorys is beyond reality when in truth it is really how it all works, and we are just walking through this illusion.

That woman on the doc, probably got it right all the long.

What has happend to you seems the spirit guides have been visiting you
my theory.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Andennnnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You just described a lot of posters on ATS in a nutshell.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Been looking in a mirror too long?

If I believed that I wouldn't bother posting here.

A few enjoy speculating about fanciful scenarios, but that doesn't mean they're out of contact with reality. I'm sure most are just fine when it comes to living productively in there environments.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I guess that are the key words:
to be able to live a productive life in your environment without bringing yourself or others in danger.

that said, there are a lot of illnesses that keep the patient from doing the above, including alcoholism, alzheimer, demention, etc....
Having all 3 of the above in my familly, if you don't know what is wrong with those patients sometimes they really do act as one with schizophrenia.
Personally I'm still not convinced if the term is used correctly in all cases and I can only hope that the trained experts have some kind of chart to rule out everything else before labeling someone a shizophrenic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join