It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if? Japan evacuation due to nationwide contamination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have space for a hot single woman
edit on 27-3-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

It also means 3 times the labour force and brains to make Australia greater, with no drop in the annual worldwide resource supply as they are not newborns but existing people relying on similar international resource.

They arent loafers, not by a long shot, and every human if given the opportunity to excel, will do so.
edit on 27-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

I agree totally. The Japanese are very smart and admirable people and I feel for them during the largest crisis they have ever seen.

But you are not listening to me.

Due to a lack of resources (WHERE DOES IT ALL COME FROM????), it wouldn't be a pleasant stay.

You know it takes time for people to settle in, right? No matter how hard working they are it just isn't feasible as you are suggesting.

I wish we could take them in and help them like humanity should, but it just would not work the way you people are suggesting.

It is simplistic, idealistic and not based in reality to even suggest it.

If you think it can be done, I suggest you open your house to 8 new people (if you are in a household of 3). You have to support them, feed them, clothe them, provide medical care and provide the space for them till they find a job, get settled and get back on their feet.

Sure they are lovely people and will help you clean the house and do chores and such, but that doesn't buy food, I'm afraid.

I am not being callous, I am not being harsh, I wish their was more we can do but it is not realistic.
edit on 27/3/11 by GobbledokTChipeater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Sadly, I have to agree with you. Logistically and realistically, it's just not possible to evacuate everyone- even if they all voluntarily agreed to leave.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by MedievalGhost

May you be only speaking for yourself. The rest of us can only at least make those offers ready for them through our elected representatives, so that they know they HAVE a choice. We cannot conscionable let our fellow humans suffer and look the other way....

I never said I wouldn't flee. I was saying I feel that, if given the choice, many Japanese people would not voluntarily leave their homes, just as many right now are not voluntarily leaving their homes in Fukushima prefecture, even with high radiation levels.

Many of the older Japanese will revert to their overlaid, old cultural values and remain exactly where they are. They will be committing hari-kari but without the knife. I suspect that their government expects it and will encourage it to some degree. That will alleviate some of the insurmountable problems of the exodus coming upon them. It any are to die, it will be the old--it SHOULD be the old. --I'm old myself and understand. In simple graphic terms, It will be the old command, "Women and children first." And who can argue against that?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If there is relocation, you're going to have to think about language as well. The people in Japan speak Japanese. English? Not so well. This is something to think about.

There's several articles and studies that establish that Japan lags behind in English fluency. Here's one:
JapanTimes Article

Again, if a relocation were to occur, attempts would probably be made at softening the jarring transition. One method would probably to relocate people to already-established communities of Japanese abroad. Like in Hawaii, or California. Or, outside the United States, Peru.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
China has already constructed multiple Ghost Cities. Approx 64 million empty homes. If tensions could be eased between China and Japan...there could be a viable solution. Visit the link below if you have not seen the Ghost Cities. Rather amazing actually.

Des

www.wnd.com...

WND Exclusive FROM JEROME CORSI'S RED ALERT
Why is China building eerie 'ghost cities'?
Google Earth photographs reveal towns completely devoid of people
Posted: February 06, 2011
9:51 pm Eastern

© 2011 WorldNetDaily

Editor's Note: The following report is excerpted from Jerome Corsi's Red Alert, the premium online newsletter published by the current No. 1 best-selling author, WND staff writer and senior managing director of the Financial Services Group at Gilford Securities.

Why is China constructing large, well-designed "ghost cities" that are completely devoid of people?

China's empty roads (source: Business Insider)

Jerome Corsi's Red Alert reports Google Earth photographs of China depict city after city of vast complexes consisting of office skyscrapers, government buildings, apartment buildings, residential towers and homes, all connected by networks of empty roads – with some of the cities located in China's truly most inhospitable locations.

Images of these "ghost cities" – after countless billions of dollars have been spent on the towns' design and construction – reveal nobody lives in them.

Read more: Why is China building eerie 'ghost cities'? www.wnd.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Absolutely no way would China consent to such a immigration of Japanese. No way!
Totally unthinkable to that regime, a threat of immense proportions in every way.

We can expect China to start resisting such an idea before it gets too far along.

Their agents will be on ATS soon with their negative views on that idea.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

I do understand what you are saying and understood what had you written. Unfortunately, you yourself had not thought far enough, but based your personal opinions on your own worries which had not been broaden enough to comprehand more despite my efforts.

The jews in 1948 had transform deserts and marshlands into blooming agricultural paradises. The jews are humans just as anyone like us. Australia has HUGH swathes of arable lands if it fell into the right hands with the right labour to opportunitized on it.

Currently, Australia failed to do so as it believes on a higher chain of value added job opportunities than farming and thus lacked the labour to create the opportunity to turn Australia into the bread basket of the world. When the japs come, espacially the northern country agricultural community folks, the breadbasket that Australia can be will come to fruitation.

As to your analogy of housing 8 of them into my house,. it would not be much of a problem. All I need is to extend my backyard with bricks, buy a couple of beds and cupboards and that's it. As for the increased household bills, do remember the japs are not poor folks, not by any means.

They have wealth and are the most prolific savers in the world. Even if they dont own a single cent, it would be no problem, for as i had mentioned, they are not loafers, but will WANT to work the moment they hit the ground. Heck! They may even be saving money to buy over my house and take over my bosses's corporation one day!

Nothing is diffificult if you are willing to sit down, discuss and debate and find solutions to it.The only roadblock is whether do you want to or not want to.

Personally, I would have hoped that they would settle in the vast rich fertile lands of africa and intermingled with the blacks or help them, minus the corruptions of the black leaders. It would be an advancement in terms of brains and brawns for our human race.

edit on 27-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Regardless of where they would go enmasse there will be racial problems, even in the most "advanced" countries. Their individual industry (work ethic, etc.) is ledgendary. That will not mix with the slothful countries because they will rapidly assume jobs, bussiness and wealth, and it will not mix well with the industrial countries for the sheer reason of jobs, dwindling economies and the other reasons given above.

Frankly, to survive with their own social and cultural mores they need their own planet. As a displaced people if not a disiplaced nation, they will hunger for making their own place, again, in the world. I believe we can look forward to a new outlook on how we treat our world and react to it with the Japanese eventually leading the way.

Happy talk in the face of adversity? Yes! But tomorrow is another day.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your comments. I reserved my thoughts from my initial post so as to not skew the conversation (well I tried as much as possible). I'm sad though that from the sound of this thread you've reached the same conclusion as me: there is no way to relocate them as any nation that took them would likely face terrible hardships both from the influx of population and the financial collapse that would occur given the loss of Japan's main industrial corridor.

There was one thing I had not thought of, nor had anyone during our conversation: the attachment to the land many of the elderly may have, and just how much of the population fell into this elderly identification.

I noticed that an exchange happened over a perceived pushing of the Japanese people onto Australia in this theoretical situation. I never meant to imply or say that this would be what should happen, for this I am sorry. It was just that our group turned cold hearted for a bit and looked at the facts: where was there land, how far away it was from Japan, and could it be made fully or partially habitable for the Japanese refugees. I know this sounds hard to accept but this happens from time to time in academics, having both its dangers and usefulness.

My opinion was at the end of our group play through of the scenario that there was not a realistic method to get more than a one or two million people out, and that there was likely no location which could accept all of them due to the cultural, economic, and political shockwave it would cause. I'd hoped I was wrong which was why I came here and posted this thread ( to be honest I felt like a sick person for bringing this up here), sadly it seems that I was well in line with what others think.

This is likely recognized between the global leaders and it makes me wonder if they will still try or...well do the wrong thing. Even if all that can be saved is a few hundred thousand, we have to try, or we could no longer call ourselves human beings. But that is just my opinion, which I know will get flamed. Its just that we have to start taking steps to seeing ourselves as something more than American or French or Canadian, and whether from an alien species, fate, or a deity the current real-world situation is a test to see if we've made any progress on that.

Again, thank you all for your time, your thoughts, and your honesty.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Lol, move the Japanese to Australia?
That's a crazy idea. We probably don't have enough food, jobs and infrastructure to take on 5 million let alone 100 million.

I'm a generous person, but no.

Australia is a huge country, yes. But almost every city we have is on the coastline. Houses are expensive enough without 100 million other people trying to buy them. Sorry but no thanks.
edit on 27/3/11 by WishForWings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What's been triggered in Japan is one of the first major steps towards Agenda 21, the Elite/Bankers/UN will be using similar tactics all around the globe. Here's the future map of USA:-

educate-yourself.org...

If you currently live in one of the red areas; you won't!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Evacuation of the Japanese home islands? Now, that sounds like it has come from a Hollywood blockbuster, or a science fiction novel. Does anyone honestly believe the proud Japanese people would surrender their thousand year culture and ancestral homeland because of the incident at a power plant? I find it highly unlikely, even given the gravity of this nuclear incident. They would rather perish than humble themselves by taking handouts or living as guests in another nation. If anyone can overcome this adversity it is the Japanese people, they have stood at the ledge and peered into the abyss many times.

Furthermore, what nation would have the resources, infrastructure, and logistically capability to evacuate over a 100 million people? It would be one of the largest refugee events in human history. It just doesn't seem possible. I can not think of one nation of the world that could foot the cost, have enough shelters ready, employment opportunities, necessary transport for relocation, provisions, and other staples of life on this earth. If there is anything in this world that is damn near impossible, this solution teeters on the edge of that possibility.

There are people who have refused the evacuation order inside the Fukushima exclusion zone, and amid all the horrific news of catastrophic radiation coming out of the reactors. My guess is they will persevere as had been done in the past. They turned a country that was once a wasteland into one of the most productive and efficient economies in the world. Going from third world to first world over night. Chances are they will find a solution to this like in the past.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I have space for a hot single woman
edit on 27-3-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

When you get to be my age HOT isn't enough..
they got to be able to cook clean do laundry and it doesn't hurt if they own a nice bass boat... please send picture of boat first

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I know the Japanese are a proud people highly connected to the land they live on, but the point of this scenario was to examine after such an evacuation had been agreed to be needed by the people of Japan. That is a big step I know, but the alternative could be a massive die off of a major ethnic group (not complete mind you).

You are right though that no one nation could undertake this. It is doubtful even if the world dropped everything and went to the aid of Japan that much could be done. But if Fukushima gets worse, God forbid, we could have a situation where the world will have to ask whether to set aside the differences of nations and tribes and accept hardship now to save their fellow human being, or be consumed by self-preservation. Of course this is all the absolute worst case scenario, but it still is intriguing to look at, and also betrays the rifts that still exist in our world of nations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join