It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pain in dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have dreamed that I was shot and it felt very real, or at least what I would imagine being shot feels like. And my dreams always involve whats on tv when I'm sleeping. One of the crazy ones was I dreamed I was at a gas station and as I was trying to leave this guy was blocking the exit. He was really pissed and yelling at me and he kept saying 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on your car insurance. Lol

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz

Yeah, I was reading some of your one thread and I'm sure you have some interesting stories about your dreams

Are you aware of lucid dreaming?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

To be honest with you the dreaming mind is very powerful it helps us heal our bodies and mind, and it can also try to help our mind work out things we haven't done why we are awake. It could be anything from seeing other people in pain, to you yourself being in pain and there are many interpretations for this, here's an interesting article for you and I will try to find some more. www.realityshifter.com...

And another with possible interpretations: www.worlddreambank.org...

Hope that helps out a bit.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

First of all congratulations on listening to your body. Yep, it's probably a real signal. Ever heard of referred pain? It all has to do with brain pathways that originate in one place but send you the signal that it's elsewhere. Like a headache can also be a sign of constipation, or shoulder pain can signal gall bladder trouble, heart trouble, etc. I'm only guessing here that if you feel pain during the night that it could be linked to digestion. Gall bladder pain can be worst at 3 in the morning. Here is a link to the various types, but you can probably investigate this better and come up with more information.

Read up on it and if you are concerned afterwards, do consult a doctor instead of diagnosing yourself, mainly because though it can be a one-off, it could also be the initial sign of an ongoing problem.

Scroll down the page for illustration and explanation of referred pain.kinds of pain
Here's another link. shoulder and neck pain
edit on 27-3-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I recently had a dream where I was in a huge building with glass skylights, and "the big one" happened.
Glass shards punctured my hands when I fell over, and I could feel the pain, especially when I removed the shards. The blood was so real as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whipfather
Actually, just about two weeks ago I felt actual pain in my dreams for the first time. I don't know why, but my old high school in Germany was putting on a play of Schindler's List for some odd reason. At some point in the dream, I was trying to escape from the now-nazified school property. I remember seeing that two guards were walking towards me, and so I hid in a pile of dead bodies. One of the guards saw me on the ground and (I assume) thought he should make sure I was dead. He shot me in the back with three bullets from his MP40.

I remember actually feeling the intense pain and thinking "Holy crap that hurts! HOLY CRAP THAT HURTS!!! ... Well, actually, I guess it's not as bad as I imagined a gunshot wound be... Either way, still hurts like a soneofabitch."

Strange thing is, even though the fact that I was hiding in a pile of corpses sounds quite disturbing, at no point in that dream did I get that specific "nightmare feeling". It was just "kinda happening", I supposer, haha!

When I woke up, my first thoughts were "WHOA! I actually felt pain!". That was pretty cool.

I'm curious, was someone actually backstabbing you at the time in waking life? I'm sure I know what Nazis mean to you. Was it a work environment or home environment?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
i only said that because the "experts" say that we dont dream in color but when were awake and remember it we "fill it in" with color

Are you sure about that? I think most people dream in color at night. You can't miss a flashing blue and red light in a dream.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i read in a discover magazine that we dont do i dont know if its true or not but thats what ive been told

top topics

<< 1   >>

join