It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pain in dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i had a dream last night where i was a soldier and was shot in the neck but the strange thing was that i felt pain. now ive never been shot in the neck but if i had i think thats how i would of felt i mean it hurt a lot

has anyone else had somthing like this happen?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yes, a lot of times it is your body twisted in a strange way to give pain in your dreams. The environment around you is extremely effective at putting things into dreams. Example, when I fall asleep with the radio on a lot of times the music that is playing get's put in my dreams. Often times as well I tend to hit and kick in my dreams and this has left times when I would wake up and find a huge red mark on my wall and my hand bleeding and gong, "Ah what the hell?????!!!"

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

i did not know that, thank you (im going to move my bed away from the wall now
)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i'm sorry but i thought the title of the thread said "palin in dream".

i was going to wish you my greatest condolences.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've felt pain in dreams, yes. I've also dreamed in color and had the sensation of smell. Sometimes if I sleep on my arm in the wrong position it will start hurting and I'll feel it in a dream. Recently I had a sort of nightmare where in it I was attacked by a dog and I killed in in defense... I could smell the blood, and I smelled that smell of a long-dead animal. It was pretty freaky.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

YES thank you thats another thing they say you dont dream in color but i think every dream ive had is in color

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

I don't think there's anything unusual about dreaming in color... As for smell though, I haven't heard that one til I experienced it myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I have also noticed that certain things that happen in dreams will be visible when awake. For example, I had a dream that I got bit by a spider and the same areas that got bit were either red or cut in the morning.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
reply to post by trollz

YES thank you thats another thing they say you dont dream in color but i think every dream ive had is in color

I've never not dreamed in color. I see many vivid colors, every color of the rainbow. I've also felt pain during a dream on rare occasions, I don't think they were ever related to the position I was sleeping in though.
edit on 3/26/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The brain is a crazy beast... anything we experience is simply the way our brains interpret it. Anything you can experience in the physical known awake world you can experience in the dream state. There is no difference. You brain is the machine, the manner of what tickles it doesn't matter.

I've had dogs bights, cats attack, knives thrust into me, falling into branches, .. an assortment of evil mind numbingly whacky events.. all of which feel real.

it's a sad pity that we only allow our brains to operate under the circumstances we set it - awake... you can do so much with imagination, using the right tools..

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I've felt pain in dreams, yes. I've also dreamed in color.

I always dream in color? ... Do most people not get the chance to enjoy their dreams in color every night?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I don't think there's anything unusual about dreaming in color... As for smell though, I haven't heard that one til I experienced it myself.

Lol really?

If you had my dreams you would lose your mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Actually, just about two weeks ago I felt actual pain in my dreams for the first time. I don't know why, but my old high school in Germany was putting on a play of Schindler's List for some odd reason. At some point in the dream, I was trying to escape from the now-nazified school property. I remember seeing that two guards were walking towards me, and so I hid in a pile of dead bodies. One of the guards saw me on the ground and (I assume) thought he should make sure I was dead. He shot me in the back with three bullets from his MP40.

I remember actually feeling the intense pain and thinking "Holy crap that hurts! HOLY CRAP THAT HURTS!!! ... Well, actually, I guess it's not as bad as I imagined a gunshot wound be... Either way, still hurts like a soneofabitch."

Strange thing is, even though the fact that I was hiding in a pile of corpses sounds quite disturbing, at no point in that dream did I get that specific "nightmare feeling". It was just "kinda happening", I supposer, haha!

When I woke up, my first thoughts were "WHOA! I actually felt pain!". That was pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

Apparently most people dream in black and white, or some kind of no-color non-black-and-white deal. I don't know, maybe we are special

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i only said that because the "experts" say that we dont dream in color but when were awake and remember it we "fill it in" with color

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude

Lol really?

If you had my dreams you would lose your mind.

Yeah, I was reading some of your one thread and I'm sure you have some interesting stories about your dreams

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
does any one have an idea why we feel pain in dreams, i mean i can understand some of them being sleeping in funny positions but i mean the back and neck those are hard to twist around?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I don't ever remember having a dream that wasn't in color. I didn't know most people dream in black and white. That is weird.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've had lucid dreams I know were in color, noted that during the dream and how vivid it was. I've certainly experienced pain, multiple knife fights, shootouts, stricking sickness, nausea, vomitting, attacked by various demons / monsters, one started to try and eat me alive while I was fighting, that hurt bad.

The knife fights are the worst though, I've never died from one but every time I sustain serious injuries and a ton of pain. Plus stabbing someone is something I can't imagine anyone would want to do.

I've smelled, eaten a lot of times, dream food tastes better then real food
I've also taken various drugs and experienced mind altering effects in the dreams, ate some lsd gummy bears once (never done lsd) and woke up feeling like I was on drugs. That quickly ended as I got out of bed.

Yeah I don't think there's really anything you can't experience in a dream. Although if you've never done it your mind just fills in the details with what you on some level expect, i've noticed that for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX

I've felt pain in dreams, yes. I've also dreamed in color.

I always dream in color? ... Do most people not get the chance to enjoy their dreams in color every night?

No. I didn't dream in colour and until very recently, and most of my dreams take place in twilight, whenh what colour there is muted.
edit on 26/3/11 by Vicky32 because: To fix distraction error

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join