It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed, the desperate plight of Britain's last circus elephant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

She should turn on him and kill him.
For her, being put down would be a blessing.

It is well past time to just let wild animals remain in their native habitat. Let them have their natural lives.
I don't even think that there should be zoos.
There are so many better things that we humans can do with the money and human resources than to cage and exhibit wild animals.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Yeah that is why I couldn't make myself watch it. I have "owned" animals before, my dog died 5 months ago. I am still traumatized. She died horribly, siezures is the best I can describe it. She started shaking like she was cold, then by the next morning it was way worse. Her eyes looked like she was scared as hell, makes me sick just thinking about it. The saddest part, I was on the phone with the vet when she passed, Makes me feel horrible.
edit on Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:19:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why someone would do something so horrible is beyond my comprehension. I'll never understand ...

No creature, no matter what, deserves to be tortured. ESPECIALLY, an innocent animal.

Bobby Roberts is an enabler and should lose custody of Anne, I don't care if it "pines" him.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I know, I have seen the factory farming things too. Ive seen them ramming the downed cows with forklifts. There are some sick, truly sick people who work with animals.

I cant stand cruelty and abuse of the helpless. Human, animal, it doesnt matter. People who treat animals or other humans like this should not be allowed to roam freely in the world. Ever.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

What makes me angry is there are people who want to take her away and give her a good life. They have been trying for years to get her into a better situation, and the people who have that power are doing absolutely nothing to help her.

And to TKDRL;

Im so sorry about your dog. My 17 year old cat died last Feb, and it was awful too. You always hope it will be easy and painless, and it rarely is. But our pets have long lives full of love and good care, and so those awful last moments are just a short transition. Not a lifestyle like the lives of animals who have to be around monsters like these people.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Now you've gone and done it! I've had something like that happen to one of my dogs. He had kidney stones or some kind of blockage preventing him from urinating. He was shaking like crazy, but we managed to get him to the vet in time so that he could go on a few more years. Ugh. Anyway...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I know. Its like someone beating someones grandmother in a nursing home. Its bad enough poor old Anne has arthritis and is chained up in one spot all day, alone, with no other elephants for company. Lets have some yahoo beat on her too, and he targets her painful leg too, the sick bastard.

I just dont understand some people. I dont get the desire to cause someone else suffering. As much as I HATE this guy right now, I really couldnt do to him what he is doing to Anne. I might manage to put him down quickly though..............

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Humans are cruel to animals every day all day, does the pig or chicken who ends up on your dinner plate suffer less than this elephant?

YES!

HOW DARE YOU COMPARE ME WITH THIS HUMAN SCUMBAG!!!!

My animals may end up as dinner but I have had more than one calf, goat, sheep or chicken who was ill residing in my kitchen while I nursed them back to health.

I DO NOT BEAT my animals. My Ram comes to me when I call his name, my flocks follow me when I am in their pastures. If any get out I find them waiting for me on my door step.

No REAL farmer abuses their animals we leave that to the mega-corporations!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I did not watch the video. Sorry, I just can't do it. I just feel I am unspeakably angry, and I feel I should do something. And all I am doing, is writing this, and being drunk and angry and feeling VERY BAD about it. Just another jerk. I do know, someone DID something VERY WRONG against that creature. And I would like to do AT LEAST the same thing to IT. Because there is no way I could ever call that thing a "she" or a "he". No way. And, look at me. Typing all that crap on my laptop, and feeling better already. I don't deserve to be named and considered "human". So many outthere, pretending to be Humans. Just like the so #ed-up me. At least, I am honest. I do not expet ANY respect for that. I must and deserve to die, every second.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

She was old, no doubt, she was a hotdog, and she was totally white. It doesn't make it any easier, just thinking about it makes me tear up. When I kill animals for food, I have a clear shot at the heart or I dont squeeze the trigger. The farmers I deal with use a 357 to the head, no joke. None of that airgun #, or none of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Yeah that is why I couldn't make myself watch it. I have "owned" animals before, my dog died 5 months ago. I am still traumatized. She died horribly, siezures is the best I can describe it. She started shaking like she was cold, then by the next morning it was way worse. Her eyes looked like she was scared as hell, makes me sick just thinking about it. The saddest part, I was on the phone with the vet when she passed, Makes me feel horrible.
edit on Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:19:42 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Any time I hear of a dog with no such prior history of such,but more or less "out of the blue" having seizures I think of neurotoxin food poisoning. MSG by any of its many names will do that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

Lol if drunk typing is a crime, I am guilty too bro. I just try to type slow as hell to avoid any errrors.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

To be honest, I think my grandmother dropped one of her pills, and the dog ate it. Then again she was very old too, so I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Serious intentional abusers actually derive satisfaction from hurting animals. From a psychological perspective, the reason is mainly about power. For the most part, animals, especially smaller or domesticated animals, can’t easily defend themselves and are vulnerable in the face of someone who can inflict great pain on them. This makes the abuser feel powerful. Some abusers feel a lack of power in other areas of their lives and try to make up for it by wielding ruthless power over the weak. Others simply enjoy the feeling of dominance so much that they’re always looking for an opportunity to exercise it. Still others have such a feeling of superiority and entitlement that they view the animal’s only purpose as being to serve their needs. Such is often the case when animals are used for fighting contests (e.g., dog fights, cock fights, etc.) as a way to make money for and gain notoriety for the owners and handlers.

source

The psychology of the animal abuser sounds an awful lot like the psychology of, say, a bully, a spouse abuser, or a killer. It would not surprise me to find that the man in the video exhibits abuse in other areas of his life, too.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Wow.

Thank you so much bsbray.

Animals are amazing. I foster rescue dogs but sometimes feel guilty, like I should do more for people. Then I see a video like this and know my priorities are good.

S&F&
for the thread too.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by trisvonbis

Lol if drunk typing is a crime, I am guilty too bro. I just try to type slow as hell to avoid any errrors.

Doesn't work - I always find more after I hiut reply.. Oo

I lost my little mister a while back, he was a stray, who adopted me... plucky guy he was, nipping off outside when I wasnt looking, till an unfortunate time when he came back with a busted front leg - cost near $1000 to have it amputated as they vets could not get it to set, and even then he was still mad as a bucket of snakes.. always trying to get out - we had him desexed also, so he slowly calmed down.

Then it turned out he had feline leukemia.

Nothing will replace the smile I had the first time he tried to dig his loo with his missing leg.. shoulder rounding like he had a leg, yet the look on his face of "WTF!" was just magic...

How anyone can think mistreating animals is ok is just lost on me... anywhere..

He died at my door after a very short lapse into lethargy - just meowing. I remember at one point I called him and I heard a faint yap... he was, at that point I knew, not coming back... I just left him in comfort..

almost 3 years he had a good life. at least thats a comfort, he was so emaciated when he came in to steal snacks out of the kitchen..

edit on 26/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This species just needs to die...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A quote from their website:

"Animal Welfare
Travelling with our circus are our horses, ponies, dogs, our circus born camel and our magnificent retired Indian Elephant, Anne who has been a part of our family for over fifty years. We are proud of our animal welfare and you our visitors are able to see for yourself after the performance our circus animals in their stable area. Staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. We are inspected regularly by Animal Welfare Officers and Government Inspectors. It is our duty to care for our animals and to ensure that they receive a well balanced diet, exercise and top veterinary care when required."

www.bobby-roberts.co.uk...

So - "Staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have"........ I expect they are going to be facing some very awkward questions over this - that's if anyone bothers to go and see their pitiful circus.

In the UK, we are a national of animal lovers, and rest assured there a plenty of people who won't let this lie until the animal has been removed from these cretins.

The moron doing the beating is probably only fit for shovelling elephant crap, which should give you an indication of the level of intelligence we are dealing with here.

If his name ever gets out in the media, i expect he will get a few beatings along the way. And well deserved.

edit on 27-3-2011 by BlueOrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Im spechless!

Gimme this guy adress, and i will go there, tie him to a chair, spank all they'r familly with a pinchfork while he just see. and in the end i just will stick the pinchfork up to his ass!

One can wonderer also how exactly are treated the other animals like the camels, the ponies, etc, in that Circus...

edit on 27/3/11 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have just sent the video to the RSPCA demanding they watch it and then take action to remove the animals in this circus, and that they begin criminal proceedings on the circus owners.

The article stated there was no evidence to prosecute, so now they have the evidence there is no excuse to not act.

If I lived nearby this animal hell they call a circus, I would be round there in an instant with a few big guys I know and subject these cruel low-lifes to the same treatment.

I'm FUMING!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join