It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed, the desperate plight of Britain's last circus elephant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Anne's agony: Battered, kicked and stabbed, the desperate plight of Britain's last circus elephant Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

With each repeated blow, the pitchfork makes a sickening thwack as it slams into Anne the elephant's hide.

She flinches, at one point even appearing to lose her footing under the weight of a particularly savage strike.

The disturbing images come from a secretly shot video which campaigners say lays bare the cruel reality of her life as Britain's last circus elephant

www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Honestly, the video at the end makes me so angry I can barely see.

Elephants are so intelligent, it breaks my heart that Anne has spent the majority of her life isolated from all others of her own kind. And then to spend her senior years being beaten by this animal.

I cant even say what I would like to do to him. Im just devastated that someone could be so cruel to an animal that has done nothing to them.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I can't even watch the video. Not a technical problem, I just can't stomach that kind of crap.
I hope that they end up getting their just deserts. However, I also fear the elephant will go on a rampage due to mistreatment and then be put down.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Humans are cruel to animals every day all day, does the pig or chicken who ends up on your dinner plate suffer less than this elephant?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

My thoughts also, after seeing the first image,I gasped,One gasped in shock. People like this need to be locked up for this sickening cruielty to animals.

The lengths humans will go to,to be cruel never surprises me. And this article proves it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is one of the most sickening things i have ever seen! What gives them the right to hurt the Anne of any other animal? Ban animals in circus's!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Yes the chicken i ate today suffered less because it was killed humanly, this however is clearly not acceptable!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
god told us we have dominion over all the animals...........

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Before anyone says elephants aren't intelligent, they should watch this:

6 million views on YouTube.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yep, I kill my own meat, the meat that ends up on my plate didn't suffer long. The meat I didn't kill comes from a local beef farmer, I watch how it dies, very humane.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I seen that before, crazy stuff eh? Amazing stuff really.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I dont know Dizzy, do they? Elephants are incredibly intelligent and social, and so are pigs, are chickens? Or are you just asking to troll? Does it matter that this has been going on for 60 years? How long does the average pig or chicken suffer?

If I chained you up and beat you with a pitchfork or your children would you suffer more than a chicken? Or do trolls and their offspring perceive pain differently?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This would be why I sometimes hate my own species.

Some good....most not.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Don't get so mad, most people don't know and care how their food gets to their tables. Factory farming is about as, if not more disgusting than circuses(I might be assuming, I refuse to watch animals suffer, but when I see elephants I think circuses).
edit on Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:02:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Those cowards should be turned loose in a herd of wild elephants with only those pitchforks for weapons.

Let nature sort it out from there.

Consider me utterly disgusted now, and ashamed to admit that I belong to the same species that beat this animal.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Before anyone says elephants aren't intelligent, they should watch this:

6 million views on YouTube.

Watch that and then force yourself to watch this:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Thats amazing bsbray. Ive never seen that video before.

They are such beautiful animals, so like us in so many ways. But thankfully not like us in all ways.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Animal cruelty really gets me heated up. There is nothing Anne could have done to deserve this.
The unintelligent are the cruel sick bas#%$d's that did this to her and I have to ask why - what do they get from
this - I am so angry right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I won't lie, that video brought a few tears to my eyes and a bit of wrenching to my heart. What's worse is the elephant is pretty old and probably doesn't understand what's going on. The concept of betrayal isn't exactly common in the animal kingdom either but oh is it known to us. I'm thoroughly disgusted.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Humans are cruel to animals every day all day, does the pig or chicken who ends up on your dinner plate suffer less than this elephant?

DO YOU EAT ELEPHANTS?

Bloody hell, always someone thinks this crap is OK because of xyz...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join