It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quote crash course

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Thank you! I actually didn't even know (after how many years now...) that if I merely copied text, that the quote feature would include the original author etc. Very useful!
reply to post by RedCairo

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

tinner07

Thank you! I actually didn't even know (after how many years now...) that if I merely copied text, that the quote feature would include the original author etc. Very useful!
reply to post by RedCairo

test

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Oh Dear it won't let me open in a new link, what do I do? I would like to quote sensibly. I seem to recall a different but more difficult manner.
Thank You
WIS
edit on 8-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: thought I saw a mistake

edit on 8-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: I did, such a putz

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Yeah, I am afraid my method is now outdated since the last big website overhaul, I am forced to use notepad now when I want to bother chopping up a big post and responding point by point

edit on Fri, 09 Jan 2015 03:42:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Really, this is getting complicated for my poor scills.
Note pad? What do I do?
Does the old bracket method work, if so would you be kind and refresh my memory.
Thank you for takeing the time to respond on such a boring subject.

WIS

edit on 9-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: spelling

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yeah, the code like [quote ]text[/ quote] still works the same, it's just you can't open up replies in windows anymore.

I have a "template" text file saved to my desktop that just contains a bunch of open and close quote brackets that I can paste what I want to quote into. Then I type my responses into the notepad, delete the unused brackets, and copy and paste the whole thing into a reply here. Kinda a pain, but it works.
edit on Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:04:00 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well the Mods are going to have patients with me, I don't comprehend it. And I don't recall how it was done seven years ago.
Thank You for your assistance, much appriciated.
Quoteing and spell check are essential, just have to get that down.
Thanks
WIS

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am going to practice quoting, or rather CAN I practice?
Instead of useing more space in a new thread I would like to do it here, is that OK Mod's?
Limited time. Please.
WIS

edit on 15-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: fuddle muffin N.E.(crap)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Shouldn't be a problem practicing it here I don't think.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I am going to practice quoting

Now will it work .

Shouldn't be a problem practicing it here I don't think.

Now i have the question . What do i do that this sometimes does not work . If it comes up in preview is that what i am going to see . Kangaroo4exe tried to explain but i guess i am dumb . But also persistent . LOL
edit on 5-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I am going to try to show you the easiest way to quote and respond.

It worked

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

abcdefg
]

Great! Finally got the "quote" down, now on to embedding videos. My apologies for intruding, but I didn't want to clog this place up with a noob learning stuff thread

Excuse me -- I'm practicing for a future thread
edit on 10-2-2016 by MaryaNoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaryaNoxx

abcdefg
]

Great! Finally got the "quote" down, now on to embedding videos. My apologies for intruding, but I didn't want to clog this place up with a noob learning stuff thread

Excuse me -- I'm practicing for a future thread

Seems to be working a bit differently than the original instruction. Consider this a test.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
test

Asgardia, named after the Norse gods' home of Asgard, will be a democracy with an emphasis on the freedom of the individual to develop space technologies, according to Igor Ashurbeyli, Asgardia project team leader and founder. People can now apply to be selected as one of the first 100,000 citizens through the nation’s website, asgardia.space. At the time of publication, the number of applicants has reached more than 84,000, according to the website.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

yeah

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Bumping
this crash course in quoting.... and thanks to the OP for putting it together

testing fingers crossed

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: lotusrose

well I did that wrong my right click is different, I dont have a link like it shows

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lotusrose
a reply to: lotusrose

well I did that wrong my right click is different, I dont have a link like it shows

Why is it I am posting in crash course just to be able to make a thread in ATs???? I have browsed ATS for more than 15 years. no BS. But i cant start a new thread even though I used every username and password possible. whAT3VER, I have legitimate information and questions I need to get across, so I am wiling to go through this sign up BS even though In have gone through it countless times before.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Great thank you, still strugling to understand how to work this forum and tidbits like this are more than welcome-

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hi there.. I just cannot find how to use the LINK button on the right upperside of the textbox. It says - direct link to this post -. If I am composing a reply in a thread and want to insert a text from a compleet different thread should I use that icon .........the -direct link to this post- icon?

Thx

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join