It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trip to Disney World in Orlando.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Alright I have a question.

My wife wants to go to Disney World just the two of us. I have never been and I was under the assumption that Disney World is just for kids, you know all the stuffed mickeys, donalds, and goofies running around. She insist that it is as much for adults as children. My question is: Is Disney World fun for adults too or should I persuade her to go elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
God I have'nt been there on over 9 years and I was a kid then. It all depends ony our type of ride. If you prefer more thrilling rides, then Disney may not be for you, but if want more rides along the lines of "fun" then Disney would be good.

Ever try Universal?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've been to all the Disneylands as an adult, and with kids - they are great for kids of all ages (especially seeing the fantastic replication of Disney culture in Tokyo).

Nothing wrong with Indiana Jones or Splash Mountain or Space Mountain or Pirates Of The Carribean or even Mr Toad's Wild Ride, in my book.

I'm looking forward to Orlando and Disneyworld and the Epcot Centre as a big kid and adrenalin junkie, too.

[Edited on 22-7-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
hell we took 280 highschool band students down there last year and we all enjoyed it. not just for kiddes

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
For kids only... no way !!!

I was there two years ago and it was great. I'm 34, my gal is 35 and check this out, we went with her dad who is 60 something...

we were probably the oldest people there having the most fun, running around being silly, laughing, oh my goodness, we laughed so hard everyday.

We did, Disney, Universal Studios and Epcot !! We loved all 3 of them.

We rode most of the rides, except for the larger coasters ( there wasn't many of them ) but loved everyminute of it.

I can caution you on one thing..... stay away fromt that one evil attraction...

It's a small world... arghhhhh that song will be in your head all day !!:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

Univeral Studios is awesome.... ride the movies... I can vouch for Jaws, back to the future, MIB's ( great) Twister... King Kong, E.T. ..

Epcot, get ready to eat, eat, and eat some more... mmmm

Do youself a favor and go, you won't regret it.

Oh yeah, if money is "tight", there are plenty of nice places to stay that do not cost a fortune... we stayed about 15 minutes from all the attactions and paid $39 per night, it was a Quality Inn or one if it's sister hotels... can't remember what road it was on, but it was right next to a hospital on a quiet road, with access to pretty much everything in a matter of 15-20 mintues.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Disney is fun for all ages, adults would probably enjoy Epcot Center more than Magic Kingdom, but me personally I enjoy them all.

only downfall is everything is sooo damn expensive....granted you'll find a cheap hotel, but admission is like 60 for an adult and 50 for a kid, with a family of four it can be quite pricey and that doesn't include the overpriced souvenirs that you simply "must" have.

if you have never been there, i say go, you'll enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well I suppose most agree Disney is just as much for adults as kids. Maybe I can talk her into going to Universal

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
BlackJackal, spring for some park hopper passes. Then you will be able to see more than one park. I'm going in August and I can't wait. Never been there. There are alot of rides for the, shall we say, older kids.

One tip. If you go, eat at the smaller outdoorsey type of resturants, the indoor and more formal resturants are really expensive. Also, Disney has a DVD on the whole park area. Pretty informative too.

Have fun, if you go.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
universal was awsome too. you have to do the spiderman 3d ride. OMG that was so much fun.

MC

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think you'll have a blast no matter where you go. The only downfall....the heat and humidity! We went back in Oct. of 2001, and it was STILL nasty out, and we lived in SC at the time, so I was used to it. UGH!! It was a lot of fun though.
To cut costs for us, we took a lunch for 2 of the 3 days we were at the parks. It made things a lot easier for us too!
Have fun!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Personally i dont like Disney at all.
If you want to have fun on huge coasters, or on 3D rides that boggle your mind, Then go to Universal Studios Islands Of Adventures park. That is the best park in Florida IMHO....

new topics

top topics

join