It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superbug' spreading to Southern California hospitals, killing 40% of those infected

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Mods moved my thread to here, didn't see this one so I will just add a link.
S&F
Cheers
http://(nolink)/2011/03/25/cdc-superbug-speads-35-states-kills-40-people-contact-10898/

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

I do not lump all together when I think about it. I do though think the first place he was at could have done more. The place he is now I asked several questions that had them jumping to find the books after everything was done. In the end I blame the beginning care (doctors and staffing at the first place for not doing more).

I am never sure what to ask as this is the only time I have ever dealt with this sort of thing (I hope it is my last as well). After the surgery I started asking about the antibiotics and the daily care of his foot (at the place he is now). They had the paper work to show they did what was supposed to be done so I could not blame them. I wish they could have done more but they did what was needed and could not do more. He enjoys where he is now much more than before (one reason they allow him smoke breaks every day), and I get to see him more often.

I am not trying to sound as if I am blaming all the workers in all facilities just not happy with the first place he was at. I watched other things happen there that gives me reason to believe they are not doing everything they can to help those under their care. I think they are doing the bare minimum on everything in that place. Sometimes going the extra step is what makes people feel better.

Raist

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by Vitchilo

Praying for Californians that they will be ok and this bug won't spread. The last thing they need are more virus infections.

This is not a virus, this is a bacteria.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

If you haven't already done so please please report the first place to the local quality checkers, you should be able to do it anonymously. Just tell them you have witnessed substandard care and they SHOULD do a spot inspection.

I didn't mean to come across over defensive it just makes me sad when people do have these horrid experiences.
Thank you for your reply and I wish you and your father all the best

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join