It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$300 dollar round takes out M1A2

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

You're the one claiming things about your education, the onus is on you to provide information to back it up. It seems clear though that you are not what you claim to be. You just don't come across as being university educated, sorry.

Someone asked about my background. I did not bring it up. Why did they bring it up? I am university educated and it should not matter on ATS anyway. From now on since everyone is interested in knowing my credentials, you all must prove your credentials before posting in this thread. I did not bring up the education topic about my background.

That said. Video evidence still shows the side bins being blown out, the NBC system may be damaged as well, and this tank is not 100% mission capable. So it is mission killed.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Wow, you're still at it?

You were the first one to go off spouting your "I have a physics degree!" line.

You are correct in stating that the video shows the bins being blown up and that the NBC system may be damaged. There is not enough in the video to say whether the tank is mission capable or not. Which means you cannot claim it as fact as you have been doing. What don't you understand about that? All we can say about it is there might be components that need repaired. We know absolutely nothing more than that going by what we can see in this video alone.

Which, by the way, still hasn't been shown to be legitimate and un-edited.

Then again, you'll probably once again discard logic because of faulty assumptions based on a strange desire to discredit US equipment in any way possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by FarArcher

Well as a basic rule American tankers are stupid,
As a basic rule, all generalisations are false.

so these ones certainly lived up to the rule by invading a foreign country on false pretenses,

I'm pretty sure they didn't have false pretences - their pretence as they were ordered to do it.

Perhaps the people at the top of the food chain were lying......but that's not for these guys to determine when they get their orders.

so they deserved all the ambush they needed.

Since they didn't actually need any ambush.....

So yes I agree with you.

No, you don't.

"University educated" huh? From the quality of your logic I'd say the extent of such an education must have been limited to an O-week or 2

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

"University educated" huh? From the quality of your logic I'd say the extent of such an education must have been limited to an O-week or 2

Still on the education topic? make a thread about it will ya. it has no relevance to this thread. This tank got rendered mission incapable.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have false pretences - their pretence as they were ordered to do it.

If you were ordered to go kill would you do it?
edit on 5-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Please refrain from making statements like this.
I left friends out there.
Pretty sure theres others with similar experience on this site.

reply to post by FarArcher

Well as a basic rule American tankers are stupid, so these ones certainly lived up to the rule by invading a foreign country on false pretenses, so they deserved all the ambush they needed. So yes I agree with you.

Just as a side note the Juba sniper is owning all the marines who think they are hot shiz.

You have any idea on how many "Juba snipers" we have owned out there ?

Why don't you stick to physics, or whatever your profession is...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskad

But you haven't gotten the Juba. Maybe some wannabe ragheads, but that Juba is still out there. I will not refrain from making those statements. It is true. How could those tankers be so stupid to keep their tank out in the open; perfect ambush territory. They deserved it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Al Jubori got "snatched" a while ago, so were the others. Do a little research on it.
You ever been to Baghdad, Mosul, or any other big place in Iraq? Sometimes you can't exactly go around that easy.
They could've been doing outer cordon with BFVs and dismounts on the inner.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskad

Dude no one caught him. Hes still out their making kill shot videos:
www.baghdadsniper.net...

Do you have a source saying he is dead?

They just want to lie. If one juba dies (highly unlikely as this guy is a master sniper), some other snipers will take his place. They want to tell you he is dead so that the effectiveness of the methods wont be broadcast.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"Juba" is multiple people, not one single guy (Al Jubori is believed to be the "original" Juba sniper).
Exactly, they want you to think that he is this one bad ass sniper dude that can't be killed. That makes the Insurgents look good.
Just google Al Jubori or something like that. He got snatched (arrested/captured) by IP/IA I believe.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskad

I did google it but those stories are from 2006:
www.freerepublic.com...
www.hyscience.com...

CNN did a report in 2008, and not only that in 2007 he released a new killing video after his capture lol..

How could he release videos after his capture? But this is a topic for another thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by kaskad

But you haven't gotten the Juba. Maybe some wannabe ragheads, but that Juba is still out there. I will not refrain from making those statements. It is true. How could those tankers be so stupid to keep their tank out in the open; perfect ambush territory. They deserved it.

LOL so now you blindly believe some insurgent propaganda. Juba a master sniper.......you've got to be joking. In half the videos that have been released claiming to be him, he can't even make a head shot from a hundred yards. He's a master hack.
Of course Juba doesn't exist as one person, it is just a name which many insurgents use when uploading a sniper clip.

But you believe what you want, your college education obviously didn't involve critical thinking skills

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yep, I've seen alot of videos that are claimed by Juba and it seems he can't make a decision to aim for the head or chest or leg when he does hit, as well as missing.

Heres Juba sniping and getting caught in the whole video. You probably saw the famous video of the soldier getting hit and getting back up. What you don't see is the aftermath of the sniper getting caught.

edit on 6-4-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Annoying music but to the point. Juba shooting another soldier.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's a shame that he/they wasn't going for kill shots or you might have a point, Well that's what I remember from watching the longer vid that got released.

Google Video Link

edit on 6-4-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

www.dailymotion.com...

Notice they are siting in a vehicle for easy escape and also note the second camera.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Yep, if Juba was truly real and aim for all head shots. I would say we may have 200,000 dead by now. Good thing Juba is not so good to claim that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

www.guardian.co.uk...

Since February, the killing of at least two members of the battalion and the wounding of six more have been attributed to Juba. Some think it is also he that has picked off up to a dozen other soldiers.

He still hasn't been caught because no one knows who he is. He is like the hacking group anonymous. If one Juba falls, another one takes his place. That is if he fell.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Yep, I've seen alot of videos that are claimed by Juba and it seems he can't make a decision to aim for the head or chest or leg when he does hit, as well as missing.

Heres Juba sniping and getting caught in the whole video. You probably saw the famous video of the soldier getting hit and getting back up. What you don't see is the aftermath of the sniper getting caught.

I believe the soldier which was shot also treated the sniper when he got caught.

Notice this "Professional" guy is proven completely wrong about the Abrams so now he needs to go off on a tangent about Juba. The more comments I read from this guy the more ridiculous he becomes.
edit on 7-4-2011 by mad scientist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I was not proven wrong about the Abrams. Someone else brought up the sniping subject and I followed him.

I am still right about the abrams. THe side bins are blown out and most likely the NBC system as well. The tank is therefore rendered mission incapable. There is no reactive armor on that side meaning it is easier for the RPG-29 round to do damage. You have not added anything to the thread

I believe the soldier which was shot also treated the sniper when he got caught.

Do you have documented video evidence of that? You want to make a Juba Sniper thread go ahead
edit on 7-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sorry but it isn't even close to being mission incapable. Of course as usual you are speculating about the NBC system being taken out, but what relevance does it really have. They weren't fighting in an NBC environment were they.....

You seem to be scrambling for anything now. Of course your arguments get weaker and weaker which is why you're constantly revising down your opinion

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. There is no reactive armor in that section meaning that the RPG-29 had a much easier chance of penetrating.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join