It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Christians Displaced in Ethiopia After Muslim Extremists Torch Churches, Homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The OP claims to be concerned with the victims, but he really isn’t. All he is concerned with is the same thing that those Muslim sectarians are doing, bashing a particular group.

Here he wants to bash Muslims and blame the whole faith for these ignorant sectarian savages in Ethiopia.

Not long ago MUSLIMS in Egypt I recall went out of their way to help CHRISTIANS.

Why don’t you say therefore that all Muslims are saintly like these in Egypt?
YOUR LOGIC FAILS!

The OP doesn’t realize, or he doesn’t care, that somewhere in the world some place his post will continue to spread sectarian hatred with the potential for violence when some ignoramus will take his hatful words and do some violence to an innocent Muslim somewhere.

Either that is what he wants or he should see and understand his error.

LEARN SOMETHING AND LOOK AT YOURSELF

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
The Crusades , weren't they from the 10th to the beginning of the 13th century . 800 years ago and then we moved into the future .

Yeah, gtting your asses kicked eleven times out of twelve must have finally had an effect, huh? Though to be fair, it's not so much that Christians "moved on." It's just that the Christians started killing each other because some of them were printing bibles that weren't in Latin. And then the Christians discovered two entire continents and set about completely obliterating everyone they found there, then those Christians decided they needed slave labor and massacred and enslaved another 20 million Africans. All while muttering about what savages the Muslims were, no doubt. Now, a few hundred years after depopulating four continents in the name of Jesus, those Christians are back to kill as many Muslims as their bombs can hit. Soooo. yeah, tell you what, just 'cause a kid tells you he's grown up doesn't make it so.

Islam means submission to the word of the prophet as dictated by Allah and the only thing that has changed in Islam is that they have more hatred and better weapons now.

Actually it's submission to the word of Allah as told to the Prophet. And more to the point... Is there a religion out there that doesn't demand submission to its god? I mean while I'm sure the "do whatever" religion would be incredibly popular, it wouldn't really fir the definition of a religion. More like a part-time hobby.

A religion that makes no allowance for free will as well as a cult of death because the teaching is that this life will never get better so obey the word of Allah and the next life will be better.

That's pretty much hte core of all three Abrahamic faiths. You certainly can't claim Christianity has ever taught anything other than this. I mean this is the whole point of Christianity. if anything, it's Judaism and Islam that have stepped the furthest from this nihilistic outlook, which is why Jews and Muslims think you guys are a little bonkers.

Life is terrible, but don't rock the boat, and after you die, you get to live in heaven with lot of treasure! Yeeeeah. I'll take "Slave Religion" for $100, Alex.

The word of Allah is to force submission on others or kill them and that's the way it's always been .

Sounds kind of like British, French, American, and Russian, foreign policy, doesn't it?
edit on 25/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
An OP like this is worst than those ignorant barbaric religious maniacs who did this.
Indeed the mentality of the OP is as ignorant and barbaric as these acts because all it does is continue to spread sectarian hatred and ignorance.

Really? Reporting the murderous acts of a person, or group of people, is as ignorant and barbaric as committing the act itself? Writing about someone murdering someone = murdering someone.

Quite a point of view you have there...

We know by now that the real devil is SECTARIAN hatred, not to point the finger at one group only as being guilty of this just because this group is now prominent in the news.

They are prominent in the news...because they keep making the news by committing acts of violence. I am not saying that they are the only group that is guilty of such things...but I am saying that they are guilty. If you want to create a thread highlighting another wrong, fair enough. But this thread is about Muslim violence.

Sectarianism is spread out to all groups, not only Muslims and as the OP does, and other people here who agree with his bigotry, is prime proof that he or she is as bad as those sectarian fools in Ethiopia.

Again...if you beat up your wife (or husband, or partner, as the case may be) and I make mention of it, that makes me as bad as you? I don't think so.

WE NEED TO CONDEMN SECTARIAN VIOLENCE AND ACTS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME, BUT NEVER EVER SHOULD WE MAKE IT WORSE BY BLAMING A WHOLE GROUP FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW. WHEN WE DO THIS WE ONLY MAKE MATTERS WORSE!

Sorry, but I am blaming the whole group of people who actually did these things...mobs of Muslims...representing the Muslim community of Ethiopia. And...I am mocking this constant refrain from apologists like you who continue to insist that these constant, day after day after day acts of violence, all around the world are "the actions of a few".

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Really, how many jewish people do you know of in the united states that strap bombs to themselves and are deliberately blowing up places of worship...........

Im not a particularly religious person.........but the statement you just made is full of it

Umm actually that was true....

www.loonwatch.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You have to understand some people are rabid Christian/White haters who would cut off their own noses if it would spite a Christian/white person somewhere.

What was casually left out was the fact that Christianity was once the dominant religion of Asia Minor,Palestine and North Africa until Christians were left with the choice of "convert or be treated a little better then slaves, to sometimes killed for sport".

Also about black slaves the OP left out is that the concept was introduced to Europeans from Muslims. You see everyone in North Africa that is of Sub-Saharan African descent was brought to North Africa/Egypt as slaves and that slavery is still somewhat common among African societies sadly(and that most of the slaves where sent to Latin America). And if it wasn't for "evil white Christians", slavery in Africa and Asia would be much,much more common then it is.
www.revisionisthistory.org...

As for the "natives",Kennewick Man's descendants decided to do a repo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join