It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Christians Displaced in Ethiopia After Muslim Extremists Torch Churches, Homes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ho Hum...just another day of loving interaction between the practitioners of the Religion of Peace, and their neighbours.

Some interesting quotes from the story:

Muslim extremists set fire to roughly 50 churches and dozens of Christian homes

Yes, just a limited, random act of violence perpetrated by the tiny, tiny minority of Muslims who believe that people must be forced to submit to Islam...or else.

The violence escalated to the point that federal police forces sent to the area two weeks ago were initially overwhelmed by the mobs

...just a teeny tiny minority of Muslims hold these views...

in Oma Village on February 26 a Muslim mob with rocks and rods assaulted and wounded 17 Christian college students who were distributing Bibles during a mission trip, ICC reported. The mob overwhelmed government security forces that attempted to protect the students

...just an itsi bitsi microscopic minority of Muslims think and behave this way...

on November 9, all the Christians in the city woke up to find notes on their doors warning them to convert to Islam, leave the city or face death

Now there some religious tolerance right there...

it’s extremely disconcerting that in Ethiopia, where Christians are the majority, they are also the victims of persecution

Wake up America. Wake Up Canada. Wake up UK and the EU... The Religion of Peace is growing in numbers in your backyard too.

Be politically correct with these characters today, wake up with notes on your door tomorrow.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Time and time again these people show that they are incompatible with society.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There are bad apples among good apples. Always have, always will. OP, do you remember the crusades?
DENY. IGNORANCE.

P.S.: Are christian extremists really that different to them?

edit on 24-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow only moments ago I was joking about how a terror drill at least laid off the Muslim Community. Now all I can do is slap myself for it. I know I seem wishy washy on it now but I think if this one didn't break the camel's back it certainly fractured it pretty bad. I have tried for a long time to be tolerant, thinking as you said only a small community of extremists but come on. The Christians where once violent and expansionist in their beliefs but have, thankfully, stopped. Islam on the other hand seems to be holding on it, and are quite happy to do so.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrCarter

I don't think Christians stopped. Their methods just became more refined. Guess what. Now it's not only death from the ground. It's from the sea and air too!

Bad news.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
just because some muslims are bad it doesnt mean that all muslims are bad

just because george bush is a war criminal doesnt mean all americans are war criminals

just becuase kim jong il of korea hates america it doesnt mean that all koreans hate america

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

You are certainly a rare and logical one. People would be much better off listening to us. But somehow they never fail on generalising.

Good post! S&F.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This can't be true . They are our brothers that we never took time to understand and it's all our fault because they only want peace , freedom , democracy and liberty along with being able to follow their religion which tells the clearly in the Koran to enslave and kill every infidel that isn't a member of the religion of peace . That's us . Lest anyone thinks it's modern big banks and global corperations and oil companies that has brewed their lunatic madness at us , check a few speeches of Winston Churchill of 100 years ago or the American founding fathers of over 200 years ago that had to send a fleet to free captured and enslaved Americans and Brits . That's before anyone knew what oil was . From the Halls Of Montezuma to the Shores Of Tripoli . It was the navy and the US Marines of 200 years ago on the rescue mission and over 100 British and American merchant sailors were never recovered because they were already sold into slavery . 4 countries in Africa right now where muslims still own black slaves . There are youtube videos about it .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Where is the data around the Muslims killed by the government that the "Christians"/Empire installed there?

This article is just to keep people separated and allow the continued occupation in Ethiopia.

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I agree on the need for more evidence. Can anyone find any information that would help substantiate or discredit this?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
There are bad apples among good apples. Always have, always will. OP, do you remember the crusades?
DENY. IGNORANCE.

P.S.: Are christian extremists really that different to them?

This article is not about "bad apples"...an isolated nut job who goes off...this is about the community of Muslims in Ehtiopia going off in large numbers assaulting people, killing people, threatening to kill people, burning down churches, burning down houses.

Not a "bad apple"...mobs of Muslims large enough to overpower armed security forces who are trying to keep the peace.

I guess you can fool some of the people with this idea that Islam is peaceful and tolerant...but the fact is that every day, in scores of countries around the world Muslims are attacking, killing, threatening people in the name of their so-called religion.

Yes, I have heard of the Crusades. I believe that was the period in history when armies from predominantly Christian countries fought back against the conquests that had been made of their lands by Muslim armies. It was just another period in time when we let Muslim fanatacism go unchecked for a little too long...before we finally regained our senses and drove them back. Your point is what?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I am so sick of the "Crusades" argument.We are not talking about 800 years ago-this is happening NOW

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

yes, the crusades argument is old, used up, and does not apply......you have to remember that muslims were involved in that too.........

If you want to use the crusades argument, then remember the fact that we dont do that anymore and the muslims still DO.....

This post wont get many stars and flags............its only a travesty when its muslims being killed or slighted.....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The Crusades , weren't they from the 10th to the beginning of the 13th century . 800 years ago and then we moved into the future . Islam means submission to the word of the prophet as dictated by Allah and the only thing that has changed in Islam is that they have more hatred and better weapons now . A religion that makes no allowance for free will as well as a cult of death because the teaching is that this life will never get better so obey the word of Allah and the next life will be better . The word of Allah is to force submission on others or kill them and that's the way it's always been .

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am from Ethiopia, and I will tell you this, the government is terrible. They call it the national republic of Ethiopia but all the elections are rigged, people were even fighting over voting rights during the last election. It is just really corrupt, the best chance you have their is in rural areas.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
The Crusades , weren't they from the 10th to the beginning of the 13th century . 800 years ago and then we moved into the future . Islam means submission to the word of the prophet as dictated by Allah and the only thing that has changed in Islam is that they have more hatred and better weapons now . A religion that makes no allowance for free will as well as a cult of death because the teaching is that this life will never get better so obey the word of Allah and the next life will be better . The word of Allah is to force submission on others or kill them and that's the way it's always been .

You sure about that?

Completely sure?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Skippy1138

yes, the crusades argument is old, used up, and does not apply......you have to remember that muslims were involved in that too.........

If you want to use the crusades argument, then remember the fact that we dont do that anymore and the muslims still DO.....

This post wont get many stars and flags............its only a travesty when its muslims being killed or slighted.....

What about the fact that there are more Jewish terrorists in the U.S. than are Islamic terrorists ?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Really, how many jewish people do you know of in the united states that strap bombs to themselves and are deliberately blowing up places of worship...........

Im not a particularly religious person.........but the statement you just made is full of it

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
An OP like this is worst than those ignorant barbaric religious maniacs who did this.
Indeed the mentality of the OP is as ignorant and barbaric as these acts because all it does is continue to spread sectarian hatred and ignorance.

We know by now that the real devil is SECTARIAN hatred, not to point the finger at one group only as being guilty of this just because this group is now prominent in the news.

Sectarianism is spread out to all groups, not only Muslims and as the OP does, and other people here who agree with his bigotry, is prime proof that he or she is as bad as those sectarian fools in Ethiopia.

WE NEED TO CONDEMN SECTARIAN VIOLENCE AND ACTS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME, BUT NEVER EVER SHOULD WE MAKE IT WORSE BY BLAMING A WHOLE GROUP FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW. WHEN WE DO THIS WE ONLY MAKE MATTERS WORSE!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Well, obviously here's hoping hte crazies get their asses locked up. I can't imagine prison in Ethiopia is anywhere you ever want to be.

That said, Christians have been killing Ethiopian Christians for most of the 20th century. Just like Christians killed 4 million Iraqi kids in 12 years. Just 'cause economic warfare doesn't involve torches and pitchforks from the aggressor doesn't mean it's not deadly, after all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join