It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilling video released by USGS on California ARK Super Storm!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The United States Geological Survey has released a new video explaining what the possibilities of this storm could mean for California. Over 45 days of continuous rain totaling over 10 feet, and almost half of the state being inundated for months. I find it strange that for once a government agency is actually trying to raise awareness and prepare the citizens, instead of leaving them to fend for themselves. With all the instability in the world , this would be like a knock out punch to at least the US economy considering how much California is depended on for its' goods and services.

The USGS Multi Hazards Demonstration Project (MHDP)’s second full scenario, called ARkStorm, addresses massive U.S. West Coast storms analogous to those that devastated California in 1861–62. Storms of this magnitude are projected to become more frequent and intense as a result of climate change.

The MHDP assembled experts from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), USGS, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, the State of California, California Geological Survey, the University of Colorado, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), California Department of Water Resources, California Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA) and other organizations to design the large, but scientifically plausible, hypothetical storm scenario that would provide emergency responders, resource managers, and the public a realistic assessment of what is historically possible. The ARkStorm storm is patterned after the 1861–62 historical events but uses modern modeling methods and data from large storms in 1969 and 1986.

The ARkStorm draws heat and moisture from the tropical Pacific, forming a series of Atmospheric Rivers (ARs) that approach the ferocity of hurricanes and then slam into the U.S. West Coast over several weeks. Atmospheric Rivers are relatively narrow regions in the atmosphere that are responsible for most of the horizontal transport of water vapor outside of the tropics. Using sophisticated weather models and expert analysis, precipitation, snowlines, wind, and pressure data the modelers will characterize the resulting floods, landslides, and coastal erosion and inundation.

These hazards will then be translated into the infrastructural, environmental, agricultural, social, and economic impacts. Consideration was given to catastrophic disruptions to water supplies resulting from impacts on groundwater pumping, seawater intrusion, water supply degradation, and land subsidence. In contrast to the recent U.S. East and Gulf Coast hurricanes, only recently have scientific and technological advances documented the ferocity and strength of possible future West Coast storms. ARkStorm is intended to elevate the visibility of the very real threats to human life, property, and ecosystems posed by extreme storms on the U.S. West Coast. This enhanced visibility will help increase the preparedness of the emergency management community and the public to such storms.

Link to Original Article

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Maybe Ionizing radiation ionizes the atmosphere, leading to bigger and more intense storms.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Or maybe they want to concentrate the fallout over specific area so that the rest of the US stays radiation free. I can't stop asking myself what are the chances of us getting the kind of storm were having right now, at the exact moment the radioactive particles are reaching the westcoast. I've been watching a lot of satellite weather maps, and have noticed strange "haarp rings" all over Cali and even on the east coast.

Let's just hope Rahm Emmanuel isn't secretly running things, or we should already know what we're in for.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Or maybe these storms just happen naturally and people don't have anything to with it. Everything comes in cycles.
Great post
S+F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's weird how at the end of the video all of the houses look the same and people are all going into the red cross building...fema camp conspiracy anyone?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The video seems pretty fishy to me... then again
...what isnt fishy in todays world ??
Thanks S + F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Or maybe they want to concentrate the fallout over specific area so that the rest of the US stays radiation free. I can't stop asking myself what are the chances of us getting the kind of storm were having right now, at the exact moment the radioactive particles are reaching the westcoast. I've been watching a lot of satellite weather maps, and have noticed strange "haarp rings" all over Cali and even on the east coast.

Let's just hope Rahm Emmanuel isn't secretly running things, or we should already know what we're in for.

Can I have a link to see for my self, these rings?
Thanx

Im out here in Ca and not much rain, n when it has just big rain drops but not alot, hailed a few times ! Big clouds have been around for a fewdays.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This will be perfect for the elites...they'll be able to blame the economic meltdown on nature...How convenient.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hopefully, all the undergound DUMBS get the same or worse treatment from Mother Earth...
The El Nino years were almost this bad, but for some reason the tropical flow conditions have not re-developed since...a long time now.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

Originally posted by raiders247

Can I have a link to see for my self, these rings?
Thanx

Im out here in Ca and not much rain, n when it has just big rain drops but not alot, hailed a few times ! Big clouds have been around for a fewdays.

Here in the SoCal foothills we've had almost 10 inches of rain in 48 hours. Heres a video from Youtube user Dutchsinse, he breaks down some of the ring anoamolies, will try to find more vids for you, but there should be plenty out there.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Humm.. Im next to the san barnardino mt's. Guess Im missing out

ETA: Saw the vid, looks like something huge sitting up there wow !

Sure thing, Thanx
edit on 24-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Is this not possibly a "HaarpStorm"?

Funny that USGS is taking so much trouble to warn us of such an event...
So where's the video for "Radiatioactive Fallout" from the Pacific and its accompanying maps and statistics?
Or is it too late to warn anyone?
I getting so sick of all this deception.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Wow thats strange, I'm in the Santa Clarita Valley and over here it's been very wet over the past 4 days. Funny how a storm can be so heavy in one area, and not so much just 60 miles away. Lucky you...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Yeah I agree it could all just be a natural cycle, but whether man made or not, it's the terrible timing that bothers me just a tad.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Actually Im about 10 from Mt Wilson and its all covered with clouds.
But theres thin cloud cover here, off the 60f

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think we have pushed nature to her breaking point as japan had it quake, california will have the floods landslides all that, and differnet natural disasters will envelope the entire earth. Maybe a natural depopulation.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not to really be a doom and gloom killer here...but...is that not the kind of stuff for our government to do for us?

Imagine if japan was well organized for the disaster taking place there, if they had shelters with food and water for everyone who was affected by the tsunami, would that not have been a good thing?

I get the whole watch your government because they are liars,
but not everything is out to get us. There is a little "yang" in every "ying", that's why the concept of god doesn't work, because he's the same an the devil.

I am for government that looks out for the people, and, I would rather be spending money on this then wars.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

You're even closer than I thought, I'm off the I-5 by Magic Mountain, probably 35-40 miles away from you. Seems like the further west you are in Cali, the worse the weather is. I heard Ventura County had 12 inches of rain in 30 hours thats insane!

edit on 24-3-2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you, but this isn't that new. The information and video were released by the USGS in January. It was already covered in this ATS Thread when it first came out.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

We had that storm around christmas last year. Not that bad all things considered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join