It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealthcam film captures luminous flying "creature" close up

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/tS0qIZ3-Oro

this vid was filmed a few days ago and is really weird. its a stealthcam set up in the woods in coastal far northern californioa. the real "bigfoot country". but this is no bigfoot.

at first glance it looked to me kind of like a butterfly. but then logic kicked in... heres some reasons i believe it CANNOT be a butterfly.

1) it had been raining, sleeting, and snowing for 3 weeks prior to the vid being filmed. rain and butterfly wings dont mix
2) butterflies hatch from caterpillars SEASONALLY, this was filmed at the end of winter [3 days ago - spring equinox/full moon], when the weather here is still rainy, wet , cold, and wintery. butterflies wont be around for many months here.
3) it was flimed at midnight. not butterfly flying time
4) why "all-white"/luminous???
5) nothing had spooked it or made it fly, it just popped into screen.
6) it was 32 degrees when this was filmed. ever see a butterfly in freezing weather??? its been freezing everynight here. we dont even have ants and flies this time of year - too cold.

Moth? heres the problems:

1) same things: rain, sleet, cold, out of season - only the midnight timeline fits the moth theory. if i turn on the porchlight, and leave it on allllll night long, not even a single moth will appear under the light at this time of year, period.
2) flight patterns - this thing FLOATS accross the screen with what would only be a few wingbeats if those are wings. moths are much heavier than butterflies and require RAPID wing beats, like a hummingbird.
3) i've never seen a moth that big around here. ive seen them in late summer near the inland dry areas that size, and they dont float. in fact, they can barely fly.

another weird factor is that 10 full minutes after filming this thing, it can be seen again in the next video the gamecam filmed, in the background this time.

its pretty weird. it looks kinda like a slowly floating luminous manta-ray.. comments or thoughts appreciated, but if you have a need to be a hater, do us all a favor and chill outta here, ok? i've gotten alot of other weird effects with the cam, but this one just doesnt fit the ecology of where i was when this was filmed. im really curious how this would be explained.

the vids are here: www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/tS0qIZ3-Oro [the first two vids on the page. go to full screen to see the thing clearly]. i have the originals, but it was just easier to post to my youtube channel as i am new here. i think its pretty obvious no special effects are involved, you can even see the thing's shadow.

peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think this is defiantly some kind of fly, moth, butterfly

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yes , It is clearly just a moth.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It´s a cold moth, if it was anything un-usual it would of spooked the fox.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by holtdani

I think he's right. Regardless of the time of year, or season or whatever, this is definetely one of those. It's super small too, nothing to be worried about!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's a moth, I was more interested in looking at the fox.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Why I think its a dog
nah just kiddin, yea its definitely just a moth. Rain or not.. we still have them here :/ I had one harassing me last night!! Lol

I live in Los Angeles.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Interesting. It looks like a moth/butterfly but the wing movements are very slow even for those guys. What I find suspect about this video is the things shadow. After it passes the coyote and just before it goes off screen the shadow blurs a bit. It looks edited. Also Where is the coyote's shadow? Suspicious to say the least.
edit on 3/24/2011 by LastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No youtube here, so screencaps would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
well i'd have to say I cant' explain it but to me it looks like it could be some sort of small bird gliding across the path! The reason I say this is because of the size of it compared to the fox!!! The "object" is in the foreground and the fox in the background!!!! Looks like a great meal for the fox to me
But I will say I could be wrong!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Its a butterfly, the whole list of reasons you have for how it cannot be a butterfly are not reasons it cannot be a butterfly, good luck next time. I'm a student and teacher of Chaos theory, Biology, Physiology, Anatomy, Geology and Environmental Sciences... It's a BUTTERFLY.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComplexSimplicity
Why I think its a dog
nah just kiddin, yea its definitely just a moth. Rain or not.. we still have them here :/ I had one harassing me last night!! Lol

I live in Los Angeles.

i live on the oregon border, you live in the desert. it snows here this time of year dood. cali is not one ecosystem.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DblxJ
Yes , It is clearly just a moth.

moths dont float, they flap quickly, they are HEAVY

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
reply to post by holtdani

I think he's right. Regardless of the time of year, or season or whatever, this is definetely one of those. It's super small too, nothing to be worried about!

its much larger than a normal moth and seasons matter. it would be a caterpillar IN SPRING two months from now. ecologies work seasonally.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStand
Interesting. It looks like a moth/butterfly but the wing movements are very slow even for those guys. What I find suspect about this video is the things shadow. After it passes the coyote and just before it goes off screen the shadow blurs a bit. It looks edited. Also Where is the coyote's shadow? Suspicious to say the least.
edit on 3/24/2011 by LastStand because: (no reason given)

lol..hilarious.. so i pasted in a fox? i can assure you, i have no video editing skills.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Could be a white bat. Although they flap their wings differently AFAIK.

If not it's a moth. Nice fox

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by malicacid922002
well i'd have to say I cant' explain it but to me it looks like it could be some sort of small bird gliding across the path! The reason I say this is because of the size of it compared to the fox!!! The "object" is in the foreground and the fox in the background!!!! Looks like a great meal for the fox to me
But I will say I could be wrong!!!!!!!!!

i got a nice vid of the fox eating a slug the night before...lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TaitenAlexander

do you work in elementary school? no phd would have that class list. better luck next time for what. im looking for analysis here, not authority or pity.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mainhitman

While that may be true, i see no snow in that video... just sayin

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaitenAlexander
Its a butterfly, the whole list of reasons you have for how it cannot be a butterfly are not reasons it cannot be a butterfly, good luck next time. I'm a student and teacher of Chaos theory, Biology, Physiology, Anatomy, Geology and Environmental Sciences... It's a BUTTERFLY.

you need to present facts, not opnions mr. fake. i happen to be a REAL ecologist. i know this ecosystem. butterfly? lol.. moth, low probability. butterfly? your a joke sir. i was hoping to have analysis here, not off the cuff self indulgence and first impressions. sorry, better luck next time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join