It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother injects daughter, 8, with Botox

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Well the picture makes it look like she knows what she is doing, and the issues you raise are issues for anybody that thinks botox is a good idea. I think the whole botox fad is insane, but that is a different discussion.

I'm sorry for your abuse, and obviously not all mothers are good mothers. I am against government intervention in 99.9 percent of all cases, but I am not against interventions of other family members or close friends. And I did say unfortunately. I wish it was easy to know which cases need intervention and which ones don't, but it isn't easy to tell, and I would err on the side of not interfering with a parent's rights.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would disagree with you.
Just because some one genetically replicates, doesn't automatically make them responsible or capable.

I have fostered kids that have been abused, and I believe they would vehemently disagree with you also. They may love their mother, feel great grief at their perceived 'abandonment' but there is no reason they should be in a unsafe situation being abused.

A mother does not automatically know best, becoming a mother doesn't give you automatic brain cells, and a kindness-nurturing-compassion card to execute raising a child in a environment that will let them grow.

I dont like the government interfering either, but sadly most abusers are family members, or friends......
We aren't born on our own, we are part of collective, whether that is a family unit, village, society or culture, and we take responsibility for those who are abused. I don't see how anyone would say leave a child in a unsafe environment.
I am reminded of my darling little boy who's mother would make him inject her at the age of 7..... see none of us are really living in isolation. We dont turn a blind eye to a childs needs because "thier mother knows best".
You can be a parent to someone without being their genetic mother of father. Giving birth to someone does not give you cart blanch authority to abuse. Humans have created a moral code, like it or not we live by it and are part of it.

edit on 24-3-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm convinced this is a hoax. The kid's words sound scripted specifically to elicit a horrified response, and the story just begs to be torn apart. I could be wrong, but for the sake of humanity I hope I'm not. Anyway, the story seems to have originated in The Sun, a British tabloid, and I don't recall their reputation being all that stellar. I googled "Kerry Campbell", "botox" and "hoax" and it looks like I'm not the only one thinking this way:

...there's scarce evidence that the little girl and mother exist as they're presented in the story. The pair, who are called Kerry and Britney Campbell in the piece, have almost no online footprint. The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology has no record of a Kerry Campbell, and there isn't anyone with a similar name licensed in the San Francisco area. Even a search of Yelp and Facebook didn't turn up anything. And if Britney is competing in Bay Area beauty pageants, she should probably show up somewhere on their websites, but I checked several and found nothing. Nanette Mathias of California's Our Little Miss organization also told me that its pageants don't allow girls to compete if they're using adult treatments like Botox and waxing.

Source: Is this child Botox story a hoax?

I'm calling BS on this story until someone convinces me otherwise.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not sure if this'll convince you otherwise, but this "mother" has lost custody of her kid.
www.opposingviews.com...

^^well, according to that she has.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I am ashamed she is even from the same country as me!!! She needs her kid taken away by social services and cared for a family that won’t bloody inject her with Botox!
I could use much stronger word that I have to be honest.
She is going to become very hated fast here in the UK.
My daughter is 6 and if I find out her mother has done that to her I would...............argh don’t know!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by daisyglaze
I'm convinced this is a hoax. The kid's words sound scripted specifically to elicit a horrified response, and the story just begs to be torn apart. I could be wrong, but for the sake of humanity I hope I'm not. Anyway, the story seems to have originated in The Sun, a British tabloid, and I don't recall their reputation being all that stellar. I googled "Kerry Campbell", "botox" and "hoax" and it looks like I'm not the only one thinking this way:

...there's scarce evidence that the little girl and mother exist as they're presented in the story. The pair, who are called Kerry and Britney Campbell in the piece, have almost no online footprint. The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology has no record of a Kerry Campbell, and there isn't anyone with a similar name licensed in the San Francisco area. Even a search of Yelp and Facebook didn't turn up anything. And if Britney is competing in Bay Area beauty pageants, she should probably show up somewhere on their websites, but I checked several and found nothing. Nanette Mathias of California's Our Little Miss organization also told me that its pageants don't allow girls to compete if they're using adult treatments like Botox and waxing.

Source: Is this child Botox story a hoax?

I'm calling BS on this story until someone convinces me otherwise.

well i can confirm it was just on a news report on the biggest radio station in the UK radio 1

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join