It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA: I'm keeping my Peace Prize...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People that try to bash Obama never put up a good argument. Its embarrassing really.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

The guy is a fail, that is how you say that right, I can't keep up with the lingo anymore. I voted for him, jumped on the whole hope and change bandwagon with everyone else, but he failed. Failed on everything he said he was going to do. Wait he got universal health care right, sure but you are going to pay for it. As if you weren't going to be paying for it in the first place through taxes. Lets face it he may have had high ideas going in but they where easily forgotten for higher pay checks. Why bring up the health care bit, lets look at it shall we. Here is this plan for health care for Americans who can't afford it, note that part can't afford it, but we need Republican help to pass it. Battle battle, bicker bicker, and all for the public to witness, aw jeez I have to do something they are blocking me. I know I will let them help. The result you must purchase health care even if you could not afford it before. The republicans say, not to fear good citizens we will repeal it just put us back in charge. Well that happened, a token effort was given before the very lame, it will never pass so we give up excuse was given. They all suck that is all there is to it Obama is no exception and if he wasn't part of the problem in the beginning he certainly is now. I will let the patriot act expire he said, extended and strengthened it he did. I will bring our soldiers home he said, sent more he did and to yet another war. Yes another war because that is what it really is. Obama is a fail just like his predecessor and most likely his successor.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
just one more lie to add to the pile. He said he would give the money back, is he keeping that too?
edit on 24-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I cant believe he said "I don't see the contradiction"
KILLING PEOPLE FOR PEACE.
Why didn't I think of that?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh, I loved his comment about "acting under a mandate issued by the United Nations Security Council" - as if the US was mandated by the US to do this! As if HE didn't waltz in there and say, yeah, the US will join in this.

What a double-talking slimeball.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What did he even do to deserve this Peace Prize?!??

I haven't declared war on a country. I haven't invaded a country. I don't suck the teet of the UN. I don't seal records showing where I was born. I don't send my friends to a war that doesn't mean anything and let them die because of my ideals. Can someone nominate me please!??

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
People that try to bash Obama never put up a good argument. Its embarrassing really.

Same goes for the people that worship him.

2nd line.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
What did he even do to deserve this Peace Prize?!??

I haven't declared war on a country. I haven't invaded a country. I don't suck the teet of the UN. I don't seal records showing where I was born. I don't send my friends to a war that doesn't mean anything and let them die because of my ideals. Can someone nominate me please!??

I'm sorry but your application is denied. It clearly shows here that you have not declared a war, sucked UN teet, sealed any condemning records, or sent anyone to die for rhetoric. Frankly you do not meet the requirements

edit on 24-3-2011 by DrCarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
I cant believe he said "I don't see the contradiction"
KILLING PEOPLE FOR PEACE.
Why didn't I think of that?

It's 1984 doublethink: War is Peace.

And I might add that there is little evidence that Gadaffi is as bad as the controlled media here make him out to be... I am on the fence. There was an excellent thread about this, but because I can't remember how "Qadaffi" was spelled in that thread, I can't find it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I"m not convinced going into Libya was a bad idea yet, but I'm not sold on anything. The rebels don't seem like peaceful protesters to me. They're armed and have access to weaponry and defenses that I don't think normal citizens would have access to. The feeling I'm getting from it is that whatever is going on over there has deep roots and didn't just happen one day. It seems more like a civil war or internal strife. Thusly, it's hard for me to support interferrence from the international community. Furthermore, if we're to interfere in this instance for the sake of the innocent peoples, then one must ask why we're not involved in a lot more wars of this sort. I must also ask how would we afford it. Can we be the police of the world? The UK and France cannot. The US is hte most highly funded and capable military in the world. And why're we not questioning whether enforcing a no-fly zone, which is essentially similar to declaring war on libya, is necessarily going to make things better? Libya has not directly attacked another nation. We know from history that war almost always has bad results. War is hell. Why would we then use war to settle something like this when the act itself might in fact make things worse than they're? War is something we should only do when it's absolutely necessary. The risks are too high.

No war is free. War is not precise like the justice system. We should use it carefully. Anytime we use it we risk making more enemies and/or killing innocents that we did not want to kill.
edit on 24-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I"m not convinced going into Libya was a bad idea yet, but I'm not sold on anything. The rebels don't seem like peaceful protesters to me. They're armed and have access to weaponry and defenses that I don't think normal citizens would have access to. The feeling I'm getting from it is that whatever is going on over there has deep roots and didn't just happen one day. It seems more like a civil war or internal strife. Thusly, it's hard for me to support interferrence from the international community. Furthermore, if we're to interfere in this instance for the sake of the innocent peoples, then one must ask why we're not involved in a lot more wars of this sort. I must also ask how would we afford it. Can we be the police of the world? The UK and France cannot. The US is hte most highly funded and capable military in the world. And why're we not questioning whether enforcing a no-fly zone, which is essentially similar to declaring war on libya, is necessarily going to make things better? Libya has not directly attacked another nation. We know from history that war almost always has bad results. War is hell. Why would we then use war to settle something like this when the act itself might in fact make things worse than they're? War is something we should only do when it's absolutely necessary. The risks are too high.

No war is free. War is not precise like the justice system. We should use it carefully. Anytime we use it we risk making more enemies and/or killing innocents that we did not want to kill.
edit on 24-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Look at the weapons and uniforms. This is what happens when Alfred E. Newman runs a covert operation.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
He can keep his Oscar and his Grammy, too. When Nero was Emperor of Rome he took his entourage to the Olympic Games and personally entered many of the contests. He won even though he fell of his horse. That may have pleased him no end, but I doubt anyone else was fooled. So, too, with Obama, an empty puppet of a man who is impressed with his own arrogance.
edit on 3/24/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Of course he's "gonna keep it" He probably doesn't even have the medal to give back (pawned to buy Michelle some new Bling) and the prize money has already been spent.

The cocky SOB is taking the moral high ground and hiding behind the UN to save his own skin. The constitution and the guidelines contained in it mean nothing to the man. His goal of reshaping America is no secret.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
He can keep his Oscar and his Grammy, too. When Nero was Emperor of Rome he took his entourage to the Olympic Games and personally entered many of the contests. He won even though he fell of his horse. That may have pleased him no end, but I doubt anyone else was fooled. So, too, with Obama, an empty puppet of a man who is impressed with his own arrogance.
edit on 3/24/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

As our slightly off friend Charlie would say: Winning
I wonder if Obama can play the fiddle?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

When communists engage in doublespeak as a language the only thing they have do for the opposition is stand there. It creates the argument for you.

In some sort of a reverse aura, a humanitarian excrement embodies the individual. It almost appears to have a color to it. "Green"

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Strike 1 : Slow response to Gulf Oil disaster.

And when he did respond, a lot of Americans started screaming about what a communist he was. Remember how congressmen were saying that demanding BP pay for the cleanup was "a shakedown"? There was no winning on this one.

Strike 2 : Failure to live to campaign promise and stand by WI Union workers.

He was actually asked by the WI 14, and the people in Wisconsin, to not get involved. since that would have turned the whole affair into an episode of the Obama Show. It would have weakened their position and damaged him.

Strike 3 : Engaging US in unnecessary war counter to campaign promises of being anti-war.

Ne never ran on an anti-war campaign. Ever. He promised a drawdown in Iraq, and an escalation in Afghanistan, both of which he delivered.

So our reasons might be different so I'll take the easy out and be an equal opportunity basher.

I make no excues though, I fell for it.
Live and learn.
edit on 24-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

You fell for stuff you made up. Don't sweat it, seems a lot of Obama's support came from people who never actually bothered to pay attention to anything he ever said. Which of course says more about them than him, but hey.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You make excellent points but I respect you too much to spar. However weak my reasons are, they are my reasons. I'm no strict convert to conservatism nor traitor to the cause of progressivism, but I've run out of words to defend Obama any longer. I was like one of these folks:

We SHOULD NOT be involved in Libya and that is reason enough for me.

I remain a tree hugger and wear comfortable shoes.

Good Day. Respectfully...kk

edit on 24-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join