It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA: I'm keeping my Peace Prize...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
lol.....................

Take pictures of day to day life so you can write books in the future about living through these times.(If anyone can read in the future) Keep a daily journal of headlines like these.

This poor post turtle is being made to look sooooooo stupid. I didn't think that the puppetmasters could top Bush Jr.

Link

edit on 23-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
ha ha Great find, Those awards were rigged for popularity purposes I bet.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My response to the thread, "Aw Obama is taking his ball and going home."
My response to Mr. Obama "No seriously dude we want you to give it back, we do not understand at all. Why are you still in office?"

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Go ahead and keep your popularity prize, Obama. I have awards that mean so much more, because I actually EARNED them.
He says.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
He's gonna hide it somewhere in Washington and forget where it is.

Treasurehunters 2050

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of.........

On 21 April 1980, Rosie Ruiz, a 23-year-old New Yorker, was the first woman to cross the finish line in the Boston Marathon.

The problem was that no one could remember having seen her during the race. Monitors at the various race checkpoints hadn't seen her, nor had any of the other runners.

Finally, a few members of the crowd came forward to reveal that they had seen her jump into the race during its final half-mile. Apparently she had then simply sprinted to the finish line.

...they discovered evidence that she had also cheated during the earlier New York marathon, where she had earned the time that had qualified her to run in the Boston marathon. She had apparently achieved her time in New York by riding the subway.

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Hey look. My first anti-Obama post.
You engage in unnecessary war, you lose my support.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What did he get the Nobel prize for again? Oh yea that's right it was for.. oh wait no it was for... oh yea it was...... Umm yea who in the heck gave him that thing in he first place. I suppose he is operating on the assumption that having a Nobel means he is a peaceful man? Is that like saying if they awarded a Academy Award to Lindsey Lohan out of pity that makes her a real actress?

I think this is my favorite line.

President Obama defended his Nobel Peace Prize on Tuesday, saying that Americans “don’t see any contradiction” in him ordering an attack on Libya to make sure “people aren’t butchered because of a dictator who wants to cling to power.”

I think here are quite a few people in America that would disagree with him on that I would like to contradict his contradiction!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
barrack hussein' obama = Barbarous Mask 'n CIA eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Saying he is focused on ensuring that Libyans can “live out their own aspirations,” Obama defended America’s involvement in Libya, saying, “we’re not invading a country, we’re not acting alone – we’re acting under a mandate issued by the United Nations Security Council in an unprecedented fashion and with unprecedented speed.”

I wonder what Barry would say if the U.N. told him America had to fall. Would he order a attack on us using our own soldiers? Hell yes he would..Thats how damaged his brain is.. He's just another follow the leader puppet on a string...He could always say"“we’re not invading a country, we’re not acting alone – we’re acting under a mandate issued by the United Nations Security Council in an unprecedented fashion and with unprecedented speed.”....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

check under the northern corner stone

2nd

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is just so similar to the high-school presidential elections in pop-culture-

Whoever is the most popular, like-able person wins, regardless of whether or not they deserve it or will in fact aspire to what the position means.

The only Nobel prizes that are worth getting or looking into anyways are the actual scientific awards.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well, aren't we American's just the finest group of people you'd ever want to meet! How wonderful of us to be always looking out for the downtrodden and mistreated in certain foreign countries. But isn't it odd that we never say boo to those that pretend to be our allies? We have a real tendency to look the other way when our "friends" are terrorizing, maiming and killing men, women and children in Palestine. What hypocrisy! Let him keep his Peace prize.....most Americans know he did nothing to deserve it....then and certainly not now!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah, let him put it where the sun dont shine....or maybe that would be too much of a thrill?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Sometimes certain awards and accolades like the Nobel Peace Prize may be awarded in order to make the recipient feel more obliged to live up to the recognition conferred. In Obama's case they probably thought it would encourage him to hasten a solution to the troubles in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. , to say nothing of Guantanamo Bay. It may not have gone quite as planned...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Whatever, let Obama keep his peace prize. He still deserves it more than Henry Kissinger or Yasser Arafat deserved theirs.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think he should keep it. It actually is a symbol of legitimate achievement for him. In the world of politics, being able to acquire something you don't deserve through marketing or campaigning is the height of success. He has a physical item that he can proudly display and say, "See how good I am." He earned it. It just has nothing to do with peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Am i reading your post right? he didn't... he did... wow kinda, i am amazed that you have finally seen the light, a well educated, rounded individual like yourself, it was only a matter of time i suppose

Anyhoot, nice find op, nothing really much else to say as the two headed republican and democratic atrosities that we seem to be stuck with are having a hell of a hard time defending themselves as they appear identical to me. Thus, the insanity never stops

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
reply to post by kinda kurious

Am i reading your post right? he didn't... he did... wow kinda, i am amazed that you have finally seen the light, a well educated, rounded individual like yourself, it was only a matter of time i suppose

I can no longer defend his actions. That doesn't mean I moving over to the dark side.
I still have a left bent but he is a bad apple. For me:

Strike 1 : Slow response to Gulf Oil disaster.
Strike 2 : Failure to live to campaign promise and stand by WI Union workers.
Strike 3 : Engaging US in unnecessary war counter to campaign promises of being anti-war.

So our reasons might be different so I'll take the easy out and be an equal opportunity basher.

I make no excues though, I fell for it.
Live and learn.
edit on 24-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
He never should have been awarded one in the first place. Hell my idea to save Japan from a nuclear meltdown was smarter than anything this Potus has ever done. I agree with him wanting to save the Libyan people from slaughter but we all know it was not his idea and he is evil to the core.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Hey look. My first anti-Obama post.
You engage in unnecessary war, you lose my support.

Hey, it happens.

Most don't remember that after voting for him twice, I ended up criticizing Bush during his last couple of years, and for a number of things.

Still think obama should give back the award, though. It would show some kind of "statesmanship", that he's had problems showing since he's been in office. Also think if he did, it might even turn some critics into supporters.
edit on 3/24/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join