It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Odd Thing Missing from the Japan Disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hey everyone WWII is over!!!!
The people of Japan have absolutely nothing to do with a war that was
fought in the 1940's - just the same for any other country that participated
in a war in the past. No wonder TPTB today have us by the neck, they
know we don't have the love and compassion for humankind that is
needed to ward off the evil of those trying to influence our decisions.
Are you willing to take blame for something your grandpa was involved
in? How could you, you most likely weren't even born.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

excuse me?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thanks CrazyDaisy, good to see you on the forum.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have two comments and a question.

First and foremost: the world needs a lot less hate. Enough said.

Second: One Human, you are absolutely correct! Although there are options for making donations, there certainly doesn't seem to be a worldwide zest to raise funds for these people.

I have been so impressed with how the Japanese people have conducted themselves that I intend to give, but when I visited the Canadian Red Cross website recently, it indicated that they are "monitoring" the situation. What is that? I will probably just give to Doctors Without Borders instead.

Perhaps Japanese pride is a factor in this situation?

IAmHereForNow, you mentioned that you gave to a charity that helps the animals affected. May I ask what it's called? I would like to help our friends the animals too.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I cant believe the hatered is so ingrained into the next generation. Here in the UK we dont hate the Germans of today for what there ancestors did 60ish years ago, its pathetic, we have forgiven but not forgotten, learned lessons and moved on. You cant hold the next generation responsible for things they had no control over, thats just plain dumb. Jheeeeze America, god help you if that a fair representation to how you all feel.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Yeah, in the UK they just kill each other over football games and clubs. G-d help YOU if that's a fair representation of everyone in the UK.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
I cant believe the hatered is so ingrained into the next generation. Here in the UK we dont hate the Germans of today for what there ancestors did 60ish years ago, its pathetic, we have forgiven but not forgotten, learned lessons and moved on. You cant hold the next generation responsible for things they had no control over, thats just plain dumb. Jheeeeze America, god help you if that a fair representation to how you all feel.

unfortunately this isnt the case when it comes to football
england vs germany
edit on 23-3-2011 by rapturas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well yes football/soccer is always a sore point between our nations, but hardly a fair analogy of the situation currently unfolding in japan. I was truely shocked at that facebook print out about pearl harbour.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

im not using it as an analogy, but what you said wasnt strictly true so thought i'd add in about football to make a point. if all was forgiven then news papers (and subsequent readers) wouldnt fall for the WW2 spin on things. also i'd like to point out that i don't share any hatred towards any nation, i was merely pointing out what others feel but of course, hot headed people read between the lines and lash out, which is probably why we have hatred in the first place!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok fair point, the Sun and Mirror and other daily brain dead papers carry on with the WWII crap when ever theres a football match, but i dont see facebook full of hatered like that which was written about the japanese in the wake of the most horrific disaster, so yes i agree what i said wasnt strictly true, but what i said about the hatered levels i think i was closer to the mark,

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

ignorance and arrogance are what's to blame for those comments, ironically if karma was involved then the US is in for some serious trouble far greater than what's happening in japan right now. either way, don't shoot the messenger!

edit to add:
it's also interesting to note that japan is the second highest holder of US treasury securities.
www.treasury.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Come to think of it, I haven't seen too many "DONATE" buttons on the sites that I frequent with the exception of Pogo - a game site that I subscribe to.

As for those "other" posts, those people sound like a bunch of stereotypical rednecks. How unfortunate for us all.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Any natural disaster is terrible, it amazes me that many of the yanks see it as pay back for WW2, rather sad considering America has its own long list of crimes against humanity. It appears that where there is money, oil or resources there is a yank involved somewhere, heck wasn't it a yank company that built the reactor in the first place, GE appears to have a yank GM these days. He was here in Aussie a few days back, playing politics and at a guess trying to sell us reactors "death" to the Aussies, heck they would go great here, we could have radiation with our cornflakes. Our government is greedy and stupid enough to buy into it.

Don't get me wrong I would rather the yanks on our side than against us, after all you fellas have the biggest bombs, guns and are pretty good at dishing out death when it suits. I do understand that It is hard to forgive what the Japs did in the war, I do understand and no we should never forget and neither should they.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapturas

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
reply to post by rapturas

Are you kidding me? Dropping two nuclear bombs on Nagasaki and Hirosima was not pay back enough?]edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: spelling

edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

oh i wish i was kidding

kinda makes me wish we had our own huge natural disaster

edit on Thu Mar 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

It makes perfect sense.

Haiti is a third world country. Japan is a first world country. It is one of the wealthiest democracies on the planet. In fact the IMF came out with a simple statement confirming that fact, stating Japan "Did not require intervention or any support from the IMF"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join