It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Odd Thing Missing from the Japan Disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I highly doubt that I am the only one that has noticed this, but I thought I would bring it up to see what you folks think the reason may be for it.

Has anyone noticed the blatant missing of "Send your Money here" to help Japan? I mean think about it. Past disasters like Haiti for example, there was all kind of things going on for you to donate to too help. There was even a live aide concert type of event put together rather quickly to raise money.

I realize there are some things like the red cross etc., but oddly this time none of it is In Our Face daily to take action. We were swamped with Haiti, the Gulf oil spill, 911, Im sure you get the jist of what Im saying, no need to create a long list here.

One of the reasons I noticed this was because I was thinking about how it sometimes seemed every time we heard about or dollar value was going in the toilet or we were running low, a disaster just happened to happen and people donated millions, only to find out later a good percentage of it went missing or didnt reach its destination. Haiti a prime example. One of those things that make you go hmmmm.

I really dont want to be long winded here, but why is there a lacking of push to help Japan? Why isnt it being drummed into us to send send send? Give Give Give?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I also do think that it is odd, you are right.

But the reason, IMO, is that Japan is a wealthy country and the Japanese are very proud people. Unlike in Haiti where the majority, if not the entire, population is poor. Mind you, look what good all those donations have done there - not much due to the greed of the organizations that collect it and the Haitian government

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Japan is the second-richest nation in the world after the US. It is the world's largest creditor nation. Per capita GDP is higher than America. They have stated they have the resources inside the country to deal with the problem (whether or not this is true is another story).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Actually, if you use Yahoo as your email source they have a little button at the top that says "Help Japan-Donate to Japan Earthquake Efforts". I don't know if the other sites are doing this, but that one definitely is.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There was an ad on tonight in the UK for Japan aid. I'll try and find it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
at my suburb convenience store theres a "add 1$ to your purchase for japan" option.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Can't find the Ad but it was a Red Cross one. There are lot's of relief funds being set up though which you can donate to.

www.stuff.co.nz...

Irish rockers U2 and pop star Rihanna are among the artists expected to be featured on a digital-only album being rushed out by Universal Music to raise funds for Japanese quake and tsunami victims.

www.getwokingham.co.uk...

Fujitsu and Panasonic both have numerous offices around Japan and have made huge donations to the relief fund to help people affected by the disaster.

Fujitsu, which has its UK headquarters in Lovelace Road, has also donated relief supplies. The amount the firm donated works out as around £766,000.

www.redcross.org.uk...

www.globalgiving.co.uk...

www.globalgiving.org...

www.myfoxla.com...

www.justgiving.com...

www.femalefirst.co.uk...
edit on 23-3-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add a few links.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The red cross and others mentioned above are reputable organizations, but I am leary of alot of other 'organizations'. I think it is really important to do your due diligence when deciding where to donate. Alot of less than reputable "charities" captialize on the sadness and sympathy people feel for those who are facing crisis', especially in the immediate days following a disaster.

Just be mindful!

edit on 23-3-2011 by CCKP72 because: add

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Lots of 'Please give' for Japan where I am. Whole page adds in the broad sheet news papers and Bono and Justin Beiber have organised a concert.

So...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Like I said, I know there are some things going on to help, but it just seems all the other disasters were all over the place. All over the tv and radio and it was a strong push to do something. This just strikes me as very low key.

So just because they are a rich nation they are on their own? I would think from the looks of things they may have just lost a good third of their income if you go by how much of the island was destroyed. Does it just come down to a matter of pride? Saving face? They must need some help surely?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Everyone missing what the poster is trying to point out, but yah i also believe its because japan is a rich nation, whereas hati was not along with all the other big things that ask for help, its cus they are poor.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well OP i agree with you. Notised that to.
I think personaly that this Japan thing and many other catastrofic events have been manipulated.
But with Japan i think that they did something or didint do as the 'Elite' wanted and they are sufering for that now.
I know conspiracy stuff but thats what this cite is all ebout right?
I dont know how to atach stuff jet to prove my case.. im new here.
But i have seen alot of posts here ebout that. That the 'Elite' have some device that they can provoke an avent like that.
Or it culde be the 2012 stuff. But if we stay on the subjekt, i think the 'Elite' dont want to healp them. And it makes me sad cus people are sufering big time there.
Thax for the post.

Peace.
Messias

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I gave to the Red Cross and and organization that helps animals affected by earthquake, Japan Animal Earthquake Relief. They are going out and looking for animals that have been left or taking animals in that have been misplaced because the owners can`t take care of them any longer if they lost their home.
I do hope the Red Cross or someone is helping these people. This is one of the worst over all disasters I have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Haiti, Gulf oil spill, 911 were all very close to (or obviously within) the US, so no surprise that requests for aid to japan arent all over the TV, Plus you have those that think the disasters in japan are pay back for pearl harbour
imo of course
edit on 23-3-2011 by rapturas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rapturas

Are you kidding me? Dropping two nuclear bombs on Nagasaki and Hirosima was not pay back enough?]edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: spelling

edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here's a really great NY Times article that helps understand why the charity element seems to be missing:

“The Japanese government doesn’t have a kind of pocket to receive aid,” said Yasuhisa Kawamura, a deputy consul general.
[...]

In its postwar prosperity, Japan is unaccustomed to relying on the kindness of strangers. As Mr. Sakurai said, “We have always been on the giving side.” So aid-averse was Japan in the past that after an earthquake killed more than 6,000 people in Kobe in 1995, the Japanese government rejected most international offers of help. Things are different now. To Mr. Sakurai, that is a positive glimmer in an otherwise bleak situation. “It is very good for Japanese people to realize that Japan is not alone on the Earth,” he said. “When you put yourself in the other side’s shoes, you realize the importance of being on the receiving side as well as on the giving side.”

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow

Are you kidding me? Dropping two nuclear bombs on Nagasaki and Hirosima was not pay back enough?]edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: spelling

edit on 23-3-2011 by Iamherefornow because: (no reason given)

oh i wish i was kidding

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

WOW

I really dont even know what to say to that? Is this what we have really come too??? The sins of the father??? That has just really stumped my brain. Not feeling the love here at all... what is the matter with these people?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

the world is full of morons, there is a website you can use to search all public facebook profiles and that is what came up at the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Why don`t you go hang out with the people on THAT board. They seem to be of the same mind as you.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join