It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug-resistant TB could infect 2 million by 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Drug-resistant TB could infect 2 million by 2015

www.msnbc.msn.com

GENEVA — The World Health Organization says over 2 million people between 2011 and 2015 will contract a form of tuberculosis that is resistant to treatment with many drugs. WHO's top TB official Mario Raviglione says hundreds of thousands of people around the world will die from multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis unless greater efforts are made to contain the disease.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know I know "more bad news?!?!"..seems like thats the only thing were hearing now-a-days. This seems like just a possibility right now. I have faith in two things:

1. They'll be able to control it before it gets worse
2. Judging be recent current events, won't be here long enough to find out

I Hate to be a doomer but I hate being a liar even more...
edit on 23-3-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Do they really have any credibility after they were claiming the end of the world with swine flu if everyone didn't take a needle? In my eyes they don't anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Idk...funny to see how hard the media is trying to scare us in one breath and promise that everything is ok in another. Its very contradicting....thats disinformation for ya

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I find myself wondering if this is just the beginning of the next wave of world-class ultra-expensive mandatory inoculations to which we will be subjected? Refuse under penalty of law... you don't want to be considered a 'threat' do you?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Yeah it's all very confusing, but I think that is part of the plan. Keep us confused and fighting amongst ourselves, so we don't notice any of the wizards behind the curtains.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I bet it was the H1N1(Swine flu) vaccine that is going to give people TB. Its all a conspiracy, ahhhhh run for the hills.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You know what they used to do to cure TB back in Edwardian/Victorian Britain?

They had these retreat/hospitals in beautiful rural and coastal locations where TB folks would go to get better from the air they breathed in the industrial revolution cities of the day.

I bet we have lots more pollution nowadays on a global scale than we did back then.
And now we are running out of drugs to treat TB.
Its not good,especially when we look at projected population growth and migration.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This doesn't surprize me.
We have unrestricted immigration from all over the third world;
And without any restrictions with regard to Health.
Demanding that they be examined or otherwise show that they are free from communicable diseases is a violation of their "civil rights", and the health of the American People be damned.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Recently there was a case of TB in Opelousas,LA. A kid at a local school had a "suspected case". It was on the news for one maybe two nights. No other updates have been given that I'm aware of. Funny how there was never confirmation .
Here is the link: www.katc.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is a result of the depopulation plan for africa.They infected the innocculations for Hep with aids, then after the full blown epidemic of aids in africa the people lingered on long enough for the TB to develope a very aggressive strain in the aids patients because of the heavy doses of drugs the starin is resistant to most.
I think this is what they call blowback .
Unexpected but predictable statistically should anyone have thought that far ahead.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

And Florida is closing our largest and only hospital that houses TB-resistant patients.

A.G. Holley

Now these patients will be scattered about in other hospitals with less resources and more chances of infecting others. (Although it is quite difficult for a TB patient to infect someone else, it takes prolonged exposure.)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Saw this yesterday

Scientists Find New Candidate For New TB Vaccine

In the new study, scientists identified a protein, called EspC, that triggers a stronger immune response in people infected with the TB bacterium than any other known molecule. This protein is secreted by the TB bacterium but not by the BCG vaccine. As a result, the BCG vaccine does not induce an immune response to this protein, so deploying it as a new TB vaccine would provide additive immunity over and above that provided by BCG.

Anyone who feels the urge to reply to this about vaccines being evil; don't bother.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sorry guy - "they" won't be able to "control" it. They helped create it - by giving human antibiotics to cows with TB, dicking around with GM and GE, and creating animal-human chimeras. And the list goes on.

Don't hold your breath for any magic pill. Big Pharma likes diseases that keep mutating - and people who keep demanding new blockbusters.

S&F&
for a good catch.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was on a bus with about 40 people in SE Asia back in the 90's-The whole bus was hacking and coughing up nasties,like it was the national sport.It seemed to me like captain trips had entered the bus,until I asked the driver,And I was told this is just normal TB!!
I was worried to say the least.
Never got ill after that bus trip though,thank the gods of probability.
I think you only get such respiritory diseases if you are in an immune compromised state.

Which is most of the developing world sadly.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
2015? 2million?

ok, let's leave it on the "to do" list.

we have more pressing issues in an increasingly busy schedule.

more than 2million die every year for lack of food, when that's fixed this might worry me.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Saw this yesterday

Scientists Find New Candidate For New TB Vaccine

In the new study, scientists identified a protein, called EspC, that triggers a stronger immune response in people infected with the TB bacterium than any other known molecule. This protein is secreted by the TB bacterium but not by the BCG vaccine. As a result, the BCG vaccine does not induce an immune response to this protein, so deploying it as a new TB vaccine would provide additive immunity over and above that provided by BCG.

Anyone who feels the urge to reply to this about vaccines being evil; don't bother.

Good post and information Bro/Sis.
There is hope.
This is a positive development.

ATS needs more positive input like this IMO.

Not whining about stuff,but providing new info and hope for the future.
Good job.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I was a child in the 50's during the initial outbreak of TB. I had the germ on my lungs (showed as spots on X-Ray) but was not contagious nor did I have TB - I was watched closely but as I got older the germ disappeared. My Uncle was in a TB hospital for years and lost one lung, he did get well after years and went on to have a long life. These hospitals were all over the US and I went to one in the town I use to live in on a paranormal investigation (sorry that's another story). Keep in mind that TB is very contagious and not easily treated in the 50's with medication.
I do hope they come up with something better if there is an outbreak.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

agree with yah!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Reading the report: "normal"TB resulted in 9.4 million people getting infected and 1.7 million were killed in 2009.

new topics

top topics

join