It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this another reporter having a stroke on air?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is the 3rd I have seen recently. What is happening? I know that I can not be the only one finding this strange. I have never seen this once in my life and now I have seen 3 in the last few months.

So strange in fact that I don't know if this thread belongs in Health & Wellness or Conspiracy?

The previous 2:

edit on 23-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Dam if that radiation hasn't really F***ed that man up....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
the reporter in the second vid is actually having a pre-mirgraine attack...not a stroke.
The way she starts to talk all jiberisch is exactly what happens to me when I'm about to have a severe migraine, think there also was a follow up on that video that comfirms it.

Not sure about the first one though

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
No, she was just having an epileptic seizure and it is not the first time for this reporter. There are videos of her talking about her epilepsy.
edit on 23-3-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah, first thing I thought was a seizure.

It happens to me all the time when I have a partial seizure or when I'm about to have, or have just had, a tonic-clonic seizure.

You are trying to keep up with your brain, but you then lose the words. You remember what you are trying to say but end up only saying half or a part of the word.

It can be frustrating, as you usually have to stop and basically take a breath, but even this doesn't work.

link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe the first is simply "TOOL MALFUNCTION" as he simply breaks down in programming and his teleprompter reading performance wains. Or conspiracy theory maybe somebody in the studio doesn't like him and they pulled a Ron Burgundy on him.

The one blond female in LA was an alleged medical problem and I felt sorry for her as you could see the fear in her eyes. However maybe she had a breakdown and resistance to programming too. Theoretically speaking.

link   
I think the first guys auto cue was broken

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reptiles and bad frequencies?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I could just be a really sick autocue joke. 2 of the video really sound like they can't keep up.

just like the two above me stated

edit on 23-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I found a statement from Global News about the first guy, Mark McAllister. It said he had a "minor medical issue" that caused a moment of disorientation. Paramedics checked him out and all is well, they say.

Global News Statement

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have seen the reports of the strokes and yes, it does make sense. The guy, I don't know.

It just strikes me as strange that 3 similar events like have happened so close together. If they were all reporting on the same topic, maybe a political breaking news story, war or even aliens, I would be digging further! lol

In any case, I will be watching for more after this.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The male reporter seems like he has a stuttering problem. People who stutter begin to stutter like that when they get nervous or panic. It looks to me like he misread a few lines and made himself more and more nervous and began stuttering more. He's likely a new anchor/reporter and doesn't have much experience with stuff like this and panicked himself into a stutter attack.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Aspartame....... fluoride....... more aspartame........ more fluoride........
=
daa da daa the man wuh waa wa wuh went to ga guh guh guh.... where am I?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is typical of a premigrain attack. It used to happen to me all the time. I would think I was able to talk but only jibberish came out. Also, it would be an accompanied by an inablitiy to decifer writen language, tunnel vision and nausia.

I lost 2 jobs due to this. Once I was waiting tables, and started talking jibberish to my custumers, and I couldn't read the menu. It looked like a foreign language. The event usually lasted about 18 hours. My employer thought I was on drugs and fired me a few days later. Another time I was doing fund raising over the phone, when suddenly and withou warning, I began speaking jibberish. The person I was speaking to hung up on me and complained to my employer that I was drunk. Got fired, again.

At that time, back in the 1980's no doctor was able to tell me what was wrong and no medication eased my syptoms. I never got a formal diagnosis, but in reading and talking to others I came to conclusion that these were migrain headaches that were related to my female cycle. Quite by accident, I discoved that psylocybin stopped the attacks in their tracks. This is well documented, by the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
First guy look's like he's having auto cue probs.
The other two are probably suffering from the onset on some seizure / migraine, but I almost wish it WAS a reptilian brain fart episode.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
This is typical of a premigrain attack. It used to happen to me all the time. I would think I was able to talk but only jibberish came out. Also, it would be an accompanied by an inablitiy to decifer writen language, tunnel vision and nausia.

I lost 2 jobs due to this. Once I was waiting tables, and started talking jibberish to my custumers, and I couldn't read the menu. It looked like a foreign language. The event usually lasted about 18 hours. My employer thought I was on drugs and fired me a few days later. Another time I was doing fund raising over the phone, when suddenly and withou warning, I began speaking jibberish. The person I was speaking to hung up on me and complained to my employer that I was drunk. Got fired, again.

At that time, back in the 1980's no doctor was able to tell me what was wrong and no medication eased my syptoms. I never got a formal diagnosis, but in reading and talking to others I came to conclusion that these were migrain headaches that were related to my female cycle. Quite by accident, I discoved that psylocybin stopped the attacks in their tracks. This is well documented, by the way.

Thanks for sharing your story.

psylocybin? Mushrooms? Am I correct in this? If I am, that's one hell of a medicine!

Anyway, I still can't get over the fact there were 3 on air in the last few months. Most likely a huge coincidence but strange nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

"Resistance to programming," you say.... That would be most interesting. It might in fact explain a lot of the gibberish I've read on this very site.

Yes. Yes. The more I think about that explanation the more I like it....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's a study on the subject.reply to post by jude11

Yep. Mushrooms.

I don't about the three reporters, maybe stress, maybe microwaves to the brain...?

(I hope my link works, I haven't done this before...)

edit on 23-3-2011 by windword because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There are other causes of this sort of speak issue. In some cases, one doesn't even realize you are speaking gibberish at first. I will get all gibberishy at times... sometimes because I am thinking faster than I can speak and other times it comes with a fogginess of the head, dizziness, and difficulty processing input via reading or listening. I relate the second one to stress, since there are no neurological markers outside of that (side note: MRIs are fun!
)

I feel bad for those folks, though. For them it is more than an innocent or funny goof up. It could cost them their livelihood.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

same here, it was in the late 80ties that my parents took me to the doc, for some reason he checked me on all kinds of heart conditions and concluded that he didnt find anything wrong with me and that my problems where probably due to stress.
Besides the blury speach I also get vision and hearing loss... the whole aray that sets in about half an hour before the headache and it freaks me out every time. Also due to hormones in my case.
anyway, I had to learn on the Internet what was wrong with me, that was less then 10 years ago. I switched doctors because my curent one at least knew what a migraine was, lol

edit on 23/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

top topics

join