It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I in the Twilight Zone? Why are all of my politically Left friends supporting the Libya bombing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
maybe the twilight zone would be more like reality if the media and popular talking heads would be a little more accurate and have the goal of being truthful instead of trying to provoke a desired reaction from the public?
drudge has a line on his page at the time of me posting this about their being 2,200 marines on their way to libya. and it leads to this page.
www.nationalreview.com...

where we learn that ospreys along with a marine rescue squad, were sent into libya to rescue the pilots of the downed fighter jet. and we learn that the Kearsarge has 2,200 marines on it....
the Kearsarge is an amphibious assault ship that's been on deployment, I'd say around 4 or so months?? she was sent out, with her marines long before this broke out. just like every other amphibious assault ship is!

we are in the twilight zone, because the puppet masters want us to be in the twilight zone. and the medial and popular talking heads are just a couple of the puppets they are pulling the strings on!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Correction: Libya-invasion by several countries approved by the UN, with the US not having gone through Congress. Did I hear something about troops on the ground too?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No, not at all. Who out there believes that what the USA is doing is ok? Even us Americans, at this point, know that things are not as they appear. I never thought that three weeks ago that the US would be involved in Libya...it's your friends that are most likely new to the news...it's not even the dems vs. reb. anymore...that much I know. It's who has the money...follow the money trail. In my little bit of time here on ATS, much to the chagrine of my husband at times, seek the truth and see where it takes you. Libya? Just another word and place where the boys get to play with their toys.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

would you prefer they had left the pilots in libya??
Maybe our amphibious ships should have brought their marines home before heading to the libyan coast??

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Correction: Libya-invasion by several countries approved by the UN, with the US not having gone through Congress. Did I hear something about troops on the ground too?

Please, quote from the UN resolution where it mandates an invasion of the country?

I'd like to read it.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

For what it is worth:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

So the mandate forbids it, but that guy speculates on it.

Speculation isn't an invasion.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I think the point is that the discussion is largely a semantic one.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yes many are stuck in the twilight zone, those that still buy into the American two party illusion and those who claim to have seen the light but continue to fall prey to posts like this and respond defending either side.
If we continue to defend either side on this lost cause we just widen the divide. Get a clue !

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

My father told me pretty much the same about the two party system.... JFK was in office at the time.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This reminds me of the 1990s when Pres. Clinton decided to begin bombing Serbia and setting up a No-Fly Zone over the region. Guess who voted ‘NO’ on that decision? The Republicans, yet just a few years later 9/11 occurs under Pres. Bush and they all run around calling you un-American if you do not support the Iraq and Afghan Wars. At that time the Democrats were generally opposed to the wars. See how this goes? It all depends upon which party the President belongs to, you watch, after this endeavor the Democrats will become the party of interventionism and will justify this military assault just as the Republicans did.

It is mere party politics as usual with the rational ones sitting on the sidelines calling foul. Even many ATS members are such hypocrites, although I doubt it is because they support Obama, but just a few months ago they called our military interventions ‘reckless’ and ‘waste of money’ or ‘unconstitutional’ but boy-o-boy are they beating the drums of intervention in Libya. If you dare call them out on their hypocrisy they will give you some sorry excuse like “Qaddafi was killing civilians” or “We have the Arab League with us” and the other worthless waist of words that I foolishly read.

I was against the Iraq and Afghan wars, I was vocally opposed to any military intervention well before we did finally intervene, but unfortunately I cannot say that about most of my former ‘non-interventionists’ here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join