It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be gay all you want, just hush up about it!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou
One misconception that needs clearing up....God does love you all (simply being Gay does not mean you are going to hell). Being Gay does not equate to being evil........................but please get over yourselves.

No clearing up needed here, i know God love's me, she tells me everyday, i am not going to hell and i am not evil, i am over myself, but your still bible bashing?? Questions?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Um...NO! So what you had a bad experience with a gay guy who wouldn't get the hint. Doesn't mean that all gay people are like that and it's not good that you feel that way towards all gay people because of this one inappropriate person.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This thread is an absolute farce... Why does it matter who is gay or straight? Look at the world around you... Look at the suffering in Japan, look at the starvation in Africa, at the state of the economy, and we are here talking about THIS? COME ON ATS WHAT ARE WE DOING?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I actually don't but I get very defensive when gay activists try to stand on a high horse blaming conservatives and christians for being bigots. You guys can't take christians and bunch them up into a single group either!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
years ago whilst still doing the whole masonry thing ... our minivan left me sitting by the side of the road, an hour and a half from home ... broken timing belt.

state trooper came along and gave me a ride to the next exit, their barracks.

no one to 'call', since my wife was already at work ... so I started to 'hoof it' ... across the overpass and down the entrance ramp ... lunch box in hand, mini-van sitting on the side of the road.

it wasn't long thereafter, walking along the highway, that a car pulled over.

in the end ...

gay black guy from baltimore driving to harrisburg to break things off with his current partner.

guy not only picked me up and gave me a ride ... [easily 40+ miles out of his way] ... he wouldn't take a dime and dropped me off at the babysitters a few doors down.

...with a great conversation throughout. Helluva nice guy.

people are just that ... people.

they come in as many 'flavors' and colors as a rainbow ...

once more folks come to accept and realize that ... perhaps better times will commence or prevail.

I dunno.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Oh so your fairly good looking, some would say that women can't take a compliment, and that is true but in this case, maybe you should and use that positive feeling these guys sent your way to attract the love/girl of your dreams rather than dwell on the feelings you have associated with those occurrences and rather laugh them off, over getting angry about the situations.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
lololol. I have wondered this for the last year. Frankly ATS sucks now. It has gone down the tubes. It use to be a semi-intelligent forum for discussing cool stuff like UFOs, anti-gravitic propulsion systems, black projects etc. not a forum for discussing the same old tired social issues.

it seems that a maelstrom of far leaning lefties who would like to replace the statue of liberty with the ground zero mosque and outlaw heterosexuality has overtaken ATS. a pity really.

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
This thread is an absolute farce... Why does it matter who is gay or straight? Look at the world around you... Look at the suffering in Japan, look at the starvation in Africa, at the state of the economy, and we are here talking about THIS? COME ON ATS WHAT ARE WE DOING?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
well, im discusted with this thred

the moderators should have closed it down a long time ago

threds like this just bring bigoted people out to fight and to spew hate!!

i posted on page 9 about switching words out, please go look at it and replace the words "gay" and "homosexual" with any other word to describe what somebody is and you will get my point!!

GO READ IT!!

be safe people.....................................(thats means everybody!!)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
reply to post by arpgme

I actually don't but I get very defensive when gay activists try to stand on a high horse blaming conservatives and christians for being bigots. You guys can't take christians and bunch them up into a single group either!

True. But, the church has no right to condemn or deny a group of people for the very thing it has been found guilty of on many occasions.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annie Mossity

Yes people are just people. I know gays who would fit in playing darts and drinking pints at the most rough, spit and sawdust of bars. I know straights who are pretty flamboyant and fabulous. This thread is so black and white in it's arguments, it is a slap in the face to so, to springer, to greyson, to the staff and to the members. Can we please drop it?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Reply to post by kroms33

Well said on that... I'm a gay guy myself as some of you know... I just had a great evening in the company of other men... I got all hot and sweaty. Tonight I went down hard on my man, going straight for the tackle. I put my ball up deep then played into the hole... Now, let me stop you there.... It was a good game of football... But seriously, I pulled no punches, NOBODY there would have assumed I was gay, which addresses the OP, does it not? I mean, what's the issue here, there is a lot of ignorance on this thread. With all that's going on in the world, it is an absolute embarrassment to the ATS community that THIS is front page!

Oh....the irony of it all! It's people like you who put this thread on page one. Not the OP. If you don't like it, don't comment.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I like how the OP thinks that we heterosexual people don't flaunt our sexuality in public...

Ever been to/seen Spring Break in Florida/Cancun/Anywhere else?

OP, please respond to this one I know you can't defend what goes on in Panama City, FL every year as "Keeping it in your pants and behind closed doors" Ever seen a whipped cream bikini eating contest?

Ain't that just the epitome of modesty?
edit on 23-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

The three times I've attended spring breaks (Which I attend even though I'm not in college, lol), I have seen contests and events aimed at gays and lesbians, especially lesbians, so i consider your example invalid, at least from my experience.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
It's hard to discuses the inequality of rights without discussing the reason for it.

If people wanted homosexuals to keep their discussions behind closed doors, then they wouldn't try to keep them from getting married or having benefits, which brings the discussion into public view. This thing goes both ways. If people give them what they want, and what is fair, the discussion ends.

Though I agree that it's unnecessary for a gay person to be in peoples faces for just the fact of them being gay. Though I don't see many of them doing that without asking for equal rights and treatment in the same sentence. There are more people getting wider media attention for declaring homosexuality a sin than there are homosexuals declaring that they are gay just for the sake of it.

This topic in general reminds me of a horse I had as a child, it's been dead for a while though.

But here's the thing....we all allow government to define our relationships. Why? Just love and be happy. But since "love" isn't at the root of most relationships, people are left "wanting" what the government says they deserve or don't deserve. Forget about all that, because the argument is about nothing except material things, defined solely by "rights". If it's truly love, then none of that matters. The same goes for heterosexuals. We see people all the time getting pre-nuptuals, protecting this or that, going to court after ugly divorces to get some judge to give them more...and for what? Things. Material things. If it's true love, then the things fall by the wayside and none of the other pomp and circumstance with "rights" matters.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Afterwards can we talk about the gay guy who would never leave me alone in the building I lived in at 18 years olf first starting out my life? He used to knock on my door 20 times a day and would never take a hint that I WAS NOT GAY. He would come to my door in tiny short shorts and once kneeled over in a way to show his shlong through his gaping short shorts. Finally when enough was enough he said he was going to curse me with a voodoo doll. Thanks but You can keep your gay innapropriate behavior to yourself along with the priests. You think everything is so black and white man? Gay people abuse and hate too! GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT.. I once had a coworker constantly tell me Im cute and would put his hands on my shoulder like any other guy would but because it was him and what he would say, it was very uncomfortable. So now you know where my disgust of it comes from.

perhaps what you witnesses was a manifestation of what you were hoping to witness. I've been hit on plenty of times. It's a compliment. You couldn't handle it because, rather than see it for what it was, you saw your manhood being questioned. you subconsciously start wondering "does this mean I'm gay?"

Then why did some pro gay rights guy a few pages back say he wishes a Hitler would kill all the christians? Just wondering because those sound like the type of words to start wars over..

wishing and acting are two very different things. Find me one instance of a war faught over sexuality.

Do you really think you will ever achieve pro gay causes when all you do is constantly bash those very religious people who actually have the ability to rally and get you your freedoms

sarah palin can rally all she wants. if my freedoms come with the price tag of being associated with the bigotted, backwards thinking, ignorance associated with the rallying of the religous, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

let me say that again. whatever it is that the bible crowd, the islamic fundamentalists, the orthodox jews etc are selling, I'm not buying.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I addressed the op, the point of the thread. Don't be giving me oh please, if I didn't say I was gay first, you would have thought football talk... That's the point of the wording in my post... We ARE one and the same, gay or straight... Think about that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The reason the gay community wants to make everyone "OK" with them being gay is because they need reassurance themselves. They need to convince themselves its OK. I agree with the OP, keep it to yourself and everyone wins. I'm not perfect, so please nobody call me whatever you may want to. It's not about me. The big issue I have with the gay community having parades, gay days in restaurants, waving rainbows around, and broadcasting it while tearing down anyone who disagrees, is because they want to ban The Bible. If you look at some of the leaders of homosexual groups, they've flat out said they want to...And why wouldn't they. The most popular book in history says it's an abomination! And for the record, nearly every gay person I've met has been very nice, not broadcasting their preference, and I've had gay friends who I like very much. I honestly think the ones standing up on a stage and shoving it in everyone's face is a minority.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

exactly why this thred should be stopped because of people like you who call other people names!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
thanks mods!! guess caught it before you did

i know you are watching this thred closely.

be safe people

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I addressed the op, the point of the thread. Don't be giving me oh please, if I didn't say I was gay first, you would have thought football talk... That's the point of the wording in my post... We ARE one and the same, gay or straight... Think about that.

how do you get all of that out of 2 sentences? I never said we weren't one and the same. I just said that if you are embarrassed by what is on the front page, then don't comment, and it won't get there.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join