It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Entire Day has felt like One Dejavu After Another

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This entire day has felt like a dejavu, seems everything had deep or meaningful presence. How to describe it? Just as if waking from a dream it is right on the tip of my memory but not tangible enough to fully grasp, like an echo.

Has anyone else felt this today? Could even this thread be for anyone else a dejavu? It is for me. Coming in waves.

Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy] ( listen), meaning "already seen") is the experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the previous encounter are uncertain and were perhaps imagined. The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book L'Avenir des sciences psychiques ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate. The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," "weirdness," or what Sigmund Freud calls "the uncanny." The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience has genuinely happened in the past.[1]

The experience of déjà vu seems to be quite common among adults and children alike. References to the experience of déjà vu are found in literature of the past,[2] indicating it is not a new phenomenon. It has been extremely difficult to invoke the déjà vu experience in laboratory settings, therefore making it a subject of few empirical studies. Certain researchers claim to have found ways to recreate this sensation using hypnosis.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I realize where it comes from and it changes to more of a nostalgia.
Mostly happens when the weather changes and if I don't stay busy, it can kind of put a dark cloud over my head.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I sometimes get Deja vu while watching older movies, but I think it's cause I saw the movies when I was younger. One of the movies was 12 monkeys, and there's a part in the movie where they talk about how a movie is different when you see it as a kid then later as an adult.. I had the deja vu earlier in the movie so I found that very weird/cool.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
deja vu no for me but i agree someway because i see a lot of synchronicity these weeks. What comes to my head is very fast in my environment either in news, events or people who are involved with what I thought
I do not know the reason but it's pretty weird

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
double post, sorry
edit on 23-3-2011 by zaper because: double

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Not so much that I feel deja vu but I feel like this time (2011) is paralleling with another year with a lot of similar contexts and happenings that I can pinpoint to similar events happening in the same order in a prior year, think 2004/2005. Maybe later all the years begin to blur for me. Right now I have a problem remembering when things from the past happened, and can't even imagine the future so, I don't know.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Huh, I am surprised there were answers.

I have to admit and this is as good a place as any, that I have precog of many things and Radio/TV/media in general is one aspect which comes and goes often.

Example I can be listening to a radio broadcast likec2cam and even though it is a live show I have heard it before, know what everyone is going to talk about before they even say it. (No not one of the rebroadcasts)

Happens often.

So am I influencing what they say or just pretuned to know before they say it? I mean I know the entire topic, what they say, special gusts who pop in.

Does anyone else have this going on?

One thing to mention is that as a child I used to get Radio programs in my teeth, I guess it was, many times it would bug the hell out me and i would tell my Mom, she would be in another room and I would shout out to her what they were talking about or what song was playing.

On that same line I will be driving down the road and mention an old rock song to my kids and then it would come on...

Ok Im done here anyone else have this weird stuff happening to them too?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

One thing to mention is that as a child I used to get Radio programs in my teeth, I guess it was, many times it would bug the hell out me and i would tell my Mom, she would be in another room and I would shout out to her what they were talking about or what song was playing.

woha, thats was crazy
radio in your teeth

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

I have also been having an incredible amount of synchronisity lately! For example something will pop into my head and within seconds it is on the tv, i have been online or reading books seeing a name of someone or somewhere and it will appear or i on tv. The last time was yesterday when i was reading about the amount of people who died in relation to the Bill Clinton Whitewater scandal (quite incredible i must say) and just as i got to this guy's name i glanced at the tv only too see the exact same name, the name was on a list of credit's at the end of some tv program. I must admit i have had synchronicity and various prediction dreams over the years but for some reason this is happening more and more, bring it on i say!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Funny you say that because it happens literally all the time with my family and I. It is really hilarious, if the TV is on, we will say something and the TV will repeat the words or word right after we say it!!!

So the big question is, are we in sync or is it something much more mysterious?

I mean if it happened once or twice or even 25 times, it would be coincidence, but when it happens everyday all the time it becomes something else.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I had massive deja vu just the other day. I felt the whole day had been done, I even predicted a few things as the day went on. (things being said by family, even a friend calling) nothing completely out of the ordinary though, I experience deja vu quite often with varying intensity.

(Not to say I predict things, just that I feel deja vu is common to me.)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One of the possible explanations for the feeling of Dejavu is that your mind has three types of memory storage. Short term memory which lasts between 1-7 seconds I believe, middle term memory which is a few hours and then long term which lasts years.

One possibility to explain dejavu is that the human mind is far from perfect. It has errors. One of these errors would be that when you have a new memory or experience it accidentally bypasses short term and mid term memory and gets deposited straight into long term memory resulting in the effect described where it feels like you have known this before or are repeating an experience.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

Or we coexist in alternate realities at once. If so the slight variances would account for the timing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaper
deja vu no for me but i agree someway because i see a lot of synchronicity these weeks. What comes to my head is very fast in my environment either in news, events or people who are involved with what I thought
I do not know the reason but it's pretty weird
the collective is very strong atm , thats why we should take the opertunity to lvl it up and finaly go beyond the ;" could it be "question.

new topics

top topics

join