It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya, after days of allied airstrikes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor

This is very interesting, not sure if it has been posted before. From the looks of it the US isn't the only superpower on the block who wants a piece out of oil producing countries.

Pardon me now?

Maybe, maybe they are sick of the US acting like it has the right to police the world? I know I am.

Maybe, and I know it's a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, everyone wishes that the USA would go away and stop trying to flex influence from a country that has slipped into obscurity.

You're like the dog that follows people home and will not leave. We're sick of you, but too compassionate to turn you out.

So you really think that China would give a damn about what happens in Libya if it WASN'T an oil producing nation? I don't think they would care enough to even discuss it, if this was the case.

Consider yourself "pardoned"

-GS

LOL!

Sorry, but that is the least you deserve.

What, you think the US went to Iraq for puppies? You think they are targeting Iran for squirrels? You think they are in Libya for kittens?

Our powers go where the resources are, and they are not here. Just look at the military action against Libya, as opposed to Yemen.

Where is the oil?

Where are we bombing?

How many years have we left and continue to leave despots in power in countries where there is no oil?

Pointing out the fact that our elected leaders are (usually) complete tossers does not excuse what they do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is very interesting, not sure if it has been posted before. From the looks of it the US isn't the only superpower on the block who wants a piece out of oil producing countries.

Pardon me now?

Maybe, maybe they are sick of the US acting like it has the right to police the world? I know I am.

Maybe, and I know it's a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, everyone wishes that the USA would go away and stop trying to flex influence from a country that has slipped into obscurity.

You're like the dog that follows people home and will not leave. We're sick of you, but too compassionate to turn you out.

So you really think that China would give a damn about what happens in Libya if it WASN'T an oil producing nation? I don't think they would care enough to even discuss it, if this was the case.

Consider yourself "pardoned"

-GS

LOL!

Sorry, but that is the least you deserve.

What, you think the US went to Iraq for puppies? You think they are targeting Iran for squirrels? You think they are in Libya for kittens?

Our powers go where the resources are, and they are not here. Just look at the military action against Libya, as opposed to Yemen.

Where is the oil?

Where are we bombing?

How many years have we left and continue to leave despots in power in countries where there is no oil?

Pointing out the fact that our elected leaders are (usually) complete tossers does not excuse what they do.

Im sorry im confused, are you attempting to argue what Im saying? because you pretty much summed up what in trying to convey here.....

--GS

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is very interesting, not sure if it has been posted before. From the looks of it the US isnt the only superpower on the block who wants a piece out of oil producing countries.

Maybe China is already purchasing oil from Libya in order to feed its growing middle class?

Gaddafi has said the he'll honour existing contracts, but new ones will go to natinos that support him - China, Russia & Indiaspecifically.

so China is being "bought" with Libyan oil - currently it gets about 10% of it, Europe gets about 70% of it.

This is the death rattle for CG - "the West" was NOT actually after his oil - it already had it with the removal of Libya from the list of states supporting terrorism, increasing western investment & general rapproachment over the last 5-6 years.

But now "the West" sees that he is threatening to cut its oil supplies.

It didn't used to be about oil.

Now it is...and that's going to cost him.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OP's signature is ironic isn't it?

Then look at the fear mongering title he decided to go with.

World War 3? Not out of the realm of possibility but probably not going to happen. Sorry to burst the bubble of all you that actually wish for a TSHTF scenario.

All this is more saber rattling so that they don't look like complete morons for abstaining from voting on the no fly zone. What did they expect?

This whole thing is ridiculous. If I get recalled to go to Libya, I am going to be angry!

From the Halls of Montezuma,
To the shores of Tripoli;
We are going back...
To bitch slap Gaddafi.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but the Chinese are pretty much doing the job of the United Nations right now... The United Nations should not endorse military action, it's supposed to bring about a peaceful means to an end... Why would the UN consider such an action without first trying to get the rebels to man up and talk it out with Gadhafi (because if you're not up-to-par Gadhafi accepted a mediated peace deal offered by Chavez to discuss the future of Libya but the rebels didn't)..

Plus, China has major investments in Africa.

edit on 22-3-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
WW3 or 4 is brewing alright. This assault on Gaddafi is not just on Libya, it is also on the African Union english.aljazeera.net... . The west would rather Africa stay divided or if it must happen, then have their own puppet running the show. This is about more than oil, though oil and the other pillages of war are a perk. This is about Gaddafi trying to implement a common gold backed currency throughout the African and Arab nations. Look what happened to JFK when he tried to put an end to the fiat fraud going on.

Resolutions come and go at the drop of hat in the UN. Now Russia and China are getting a better understanding of the situation. You have been playing your dirty little American games for way to long and now the rest of the world can see the trouble you are in. Enron Economics are not a solid foundation for continued growth.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wait a minute here.

When did China call on Qaddafi to immediately cease fire on his own people?
Oh wait...

Never mind they didn't.

No offense (However right your comment may be)...But isn't that the whole point of not getting involved in another countries internal affairs?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well at least OBama has come right and stated no ground invasion....

Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Now they speak up where were you CHINA when they the people of LIBYA were getting thrashed by one of his own.

In wanders the sillydragon looking for a case of woopass from the eagle.

Silly dragon.

Put up or shut up.

Oh you got nothing then step a side and learn.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer,

He already put Marines on alert. They are erroute shortely to protect civilians.

At least that is what he is tell them....

Head fake...

Maybe..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
can`t see china intervening because they can`t run there own country properly just look at what they did in tibet we should have intervened then and we didn`t we just stud back and watched thats why china is getting so upset because we might not just sit back next time.

I dont think that the U.S. will ever intervene with China, because the U.S.owes them over 800 billion!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9

Wait a minute here.

Oh wait...

Never mind they didn't.

No offense (However right your comment may be)...But isn't that the whole point of not getting involved in another countries internal affairs?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

sorry went off topic for a second.

So does anyone think this situation has the potential to ignite a war with China, or are they bluffing?

Your thoughts?

--GeminiSky

I think that mainstream media, china and russia are so full of # that their large intestine will rupture and kill them soon. Seriously man!

Both china and russia had the opportunity to VETO the resolution but instead they opted for ABSTAIN which allowed a unanimous vote and for the airstrikes to be ALLOWED! What part of that is so #in hard for everyone to understand

Its like someone asks "do you love me?" and the victim says "yeah I guess so" and then the "attacker" assumes she wants "some loving" and he "gets on with it" forcefully. Who is to blame in that case????

Damm this world is going to HELL and I am so pissed I want to punch someone really, really, really, really hard!

Enough said..........

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy

Wait a minute here.

Oh wait...

Never mind they didn't.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

It must have been while you were...Ahem actually let's not finish that

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy

It must have been while you were...Ahem actually let's not finish that

Sleeping?

edit on 24/3/2011 by mikepopy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join