It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya, after days of allied airstrikes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya, after days of allied airstrikes

www.haaretz.com...

BEIJING - China called Tuesday for an immediate cease-fire in Libya where the U.S. and European nations have launched punishing airstrikes to enforce a United Nations endorsed no-fly zone.

"All parties must immediately cease fire and resolve issues through peaceful means," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regularly scheduled news conference, citing unconfirmed reports that the airstrikes had caused civilian deaths.

North Korea also Tuesday urged an immediate halt to the airstrikes. An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said they were "a wanton violation of
(visit the link for the full news article)

North Korea also Tuesday urged an immediate halt to the airstrikes. An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said they were "a wanton violation of Libya's sovereignty and a hideous crime against humanity."

The spokesman also accused the United States of wanting regime change in Libya and control of its natural resources. The comments were carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

edit on 22-3-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is very interesting, not sure if it has been posted before. From the looks of it the US isnt the only superpower on the block who wants a piece out of oil producing countries.

Maybe China is already purchasing oil from Libya in order to feed its growing middle class?

Maybe the world is fed up with the US - BS and wont fall for another false flag again?

And what the hell are people hearing/seeing flying or tunneling across the eastern us?

sorry went off topic for a second.

So does anyone think this situation has the potential to ignite a war with China, or are they bluffing?

Your thoughts?

--GeminiSky

[url=http://www.haaretz.com/news/international/china-calls-for-immediate-cease-fire-in-libya-after-days-of-allied-airstrikes-1.351113]www.haaretz.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

I hadn't seen this.

I think it was brought about by the official recognition by the Canadian Air Force (and British I think) that collateral damage was unavoidable and unacceptable in these strikes.

If the policy behind the action is truly "protection of civilians" there should be no "acceptable" collateral damage at all.

On the other hand, these world leaders are so duplicitous that you cant count on them to ask for water when their thirsty. Good catch!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

First of all, straight up North Korea can just shut its mouth.
Their credibility right now is that of a kindergarten child in a UN meeting.

Second of all, China should have known too well when they abstained that there were gonna be airstrikes before the No-Fly zone. It said so in the resolution.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

"All parties must immediately cease fire and resolve issues through peaceful means," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regularly scheduled news conference

We'll keep it under advisement.

North Korea also Tuesday urged an immediate halt to the airstrikes. An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said

Who cares!
Shut up North Korea!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol Slayer short and to the point. haha

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's a bit of a joke really - these calls for a ceasefire.

Gaddafi has already said he's impelemnting a ceasefire twice IIRC....and failed to actually do anything.
Gaddafi has offered to sell oil to China, russia & India - THAT is why China is calling for a ceasefire by the UN - but they don't really care if CG follows it or not, nor do they give a damn otherwise!

Atm only 10% of Libyan oil goes to China - most goes to Europe through Tamoil - based in the Netherlands & bought by Libya in the 1980's

And the idea that the US wants Libyan oil...well hello....Libya was already pumping most of its oil to "the west" - the US had removed Libya from the list of states "supporting terrorism" & allowed US companies to invest in Libya. BP is a major player there....which is asmuch american as British these days as we all know.

the idea that the US launched this to seize more control of Libyan oil is just nonsense - although now that CG has played his oil-brive to teh Chinese, Russians & Indians he certainly can't be left to follow through with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
North korea complaining about crimes against humanity? lol thats rich coming from them isnt it hahaha

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Where was China when UN Resolution 1973 was being voted on? Oh, that's right, they abstained. They knew what the score was before hand, yet that abstained rather than use their veto power. Their abstinence equated to an affirmative vote on the resolution. In other words, they authorized the no-fly-zone and all it's aspects via "riding the fence" with their unexplainable inability to cast a vote. Of course, I suppose it's not that unexplainable...China frowns upon popular votes.

Somehow, I think that China is playing "good cop" to try to get even more access to African resources.

To Africa: Be careful who you sleep with, as some diseases are permanent (i.e., China Syndrome
).

To China: FU!
edit on 22-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wait a minute here.

When did China call on Qaddafi to immediately cease fire on his own people?
Oh wait...

Never mind they didn't.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
can`t see china intervening because they can`t run there own country properly just look at what they did in tibet we should have intervened then and we didn`t we just stud back and watched thats why china is getting so upset because we might not just sit back next time.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I think its fairly obvious that its not just about oil. Its a combination of things that the MIC does. Destroy countries, change regimes, then rebuild the destroyed infrastructure, charging the nations people for the repairs and place their own puppets as political figures in order to maintain complete control of said country. That just about covers the motive behind the latest invasion of a sovereign nation by the US. IMO of-course.

--GeminiSky

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The earth will have a world war 3 because people like you put the energy vibration out there for others to consider. If people would change their thoughts maybe society would change their actions...I dont know it just seems everyone wants ww3 to happen and it is all that is talked about...change the subject people

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wlmgsmn

Of course we want WW3.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wlmgsmn

World wars dont happen because people discuss the possibility of them occuring!
China continues to grow economically while most of the world recedes, Chinas military grows anually, they continue to monopolise natural rescources and hoard rare earth minerals required for electronic components, so when they decide to get involved in international disputes one should naturally be concerned.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hello there!

Look the all thing look like bizarre powerplay....second day Tomahawk lounches 110 pieces 1 million $ a pieces.maybe its not about oil,maybe its
something else..???Territory....???Look at the riots all in surrounding Israel and cost
of Mediterranea.....???

Peace,
ekiusa

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

This is very interesting, not sure if it has been posted before. From the looks of it the US isnt the only superpower on the block who wants a piece out of oil producing countries.

Pardon me now?

Maybe, maybe they are sick of the US acting like it has the right to police the world? I know I am.

Maybe, and I know it's a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, everyone wishes that the USA would go away and stop trying to flex influence from a country that has slipped into obscurity.

You're like the dog that follows people home and will not leave. We're sick of you, but too compassionate to turn you out.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlmgsmn

The earth will have a world war 3 because people like you put the energy vibration out there for others to consider. If people would change their thoughts maybe society would change their actions...I dont know it just seems everyone wants ww3 to happen and it is all that is talked about...change the subject people

wlmgsmn, that is not what I was trying to do, check out my thread here to view my thoughts on creating reality by discussing things.

I still felt it was worth the risk to share these news.

--GeminiSky

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Pardon me now?

Maybe, maybe they are sick of the US acting like it has the right to police the world? I know I am.

Maybe, and I know it's a long shot, but maybe, just maybe, everyone wishes that the USA would go away and stop trying to flex influence from a country that has slipped into obscurity.

You're like the dog that follows people home and will not leave. We're sick of you, but too compassionate to turn you out.

So you really think that China would give a damn about what happens in Libya if it WASNT an oil producing nation? I dont think they would care enough to even discuss it, if this was the case.

Consider yourself "pardoned"

-GS

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
World War III? It already started, and that happened after 9-11. War has been continuously waged since then. Maybe we are looking at WWIV? On a more reserved note, because I don't like to play doom and gloom about things like this. If anyone thinks the Chinese or Russians for that matter are going to put themselves out their militarily over Libya, I highly doubt it. Again that is merely my own speculation.

We have no idea how the next full-blown world conflict is going to transpire. Looking back, did the people of Europe or the rest of world truly believe that the world would have been turned on its axis over an assassination in Bosnia of a Prussian duke? Or a German dictator who stormed across the Polish heartland would have spurned the world into an international war of attrition. Case in point, we have no idea how the next big war is going to happen?

As for the Chinese remarks about halting the no-fly zone? It is clearly just words and rhetoric. They are in no position to put themselves out there in a war akin to a World War. Perhaps, somewhere down the line a major conflict will happen as emerging super powers and super powers fight for influence, economic access, and continue campaigns both militarily and diplomatically to lock down vital resources.

This is just another spat by the Russians and the Chinese to obtain international attention, and play both sides against the middle as they tend to do quiet frequently. Anything could happen though? I am more concerned about the situation in Japan and the radiation leakage at the Fukushima Daiichi Power Plant than China or Russia's objection to UN involvement in Libya.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join